Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 12-25-2004, 01:38 AM

Dead_Pool is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Dead_Pool Send a message via Yahoo to Dead_Pool
G&G magnesium bodies for TM psg-1 and g3

i was looking at redwolf airsoft a few min. ago and found out that G&G has released the metal body for psg-1 and one for g3's . they are aroung $150.00

heres a link- http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...enu2=142#16936
Old 12-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Highroller

theblackfox is a Private
thanks for the heads up, i'm supposed to be getting a G3 SAS soon. this should help.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:47 PM

Texx is a CorporalTexx is a CorporalTexx is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Texx Send a message via Yahoo to Texx
Did anyone catch the G&P Colt 9mm Carbine kit?

VERY NICE!
Old 12-26-2004, 12:52 AM

Dead_Pool is a Private
i plan on buyin the g3 body for my g3 sg1, but i am alittle concerned about them needin redrilled and stuff like the classic army bodies do. but ive seen some of G&G's products and they look like they dont sell crap. anyone else have any input on this?
Old 12-26-2004, 01:12 AM

Texx is a CorporalTexx is a CorporalTexx is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Texx Send a message via Yahoo to Texx
Classic Army has plans to release an updated version of their G3 body which incorpoates a black finish with the "0-1-20" type markings. The design is the standard "clamshell" design.

On the other hand, the G&G metal body is simply a metal copy of the TM plastic body. G&G are also releasing a one-piece lower reciever similiar to TM current MP5 line onie piece design.

Personally, I would go with the newer G&G design simply because it is a modular design, meaning that if one was so inclined, they could purchase a second mechbox to run different levels of internal upgrades. If you want to fix something, you simply take down the rifle as you would on the TM, by removing the stock and mag lower reciever pin. The CA body requires you to disassemble the entire body.

I never went with the CA design because it never felt good about the design. And seeing as G&G had originally slated release of their G3 body in April 2004 and its now January, I didn't know if it would ever be released.

Bottom line, regardless of whatever CA plans to release, the G&G design is far more user-friendly.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:18 AM

Dead_Pool is a Private
to hell with CA, im goin with the G&G. thanks for the info texx
Old 01-05-2005, 10:30 PM
youthinize

EEK, no lower receiver?

what exactly do you mean when you say that "The CA body requires you to disassemble the entire body"? does the "clamshell" design open up like an M4/M16?

my sg1 still has the stock plastic receiver, and i would have thought that the CA one would strip just the same...

but i still would like a metal lower half, and the G&G one is almost twice the price...

are there any other major differences besides material and companies and how to take down?
Old 01-06-2005, 07:59 PM
JayZ28

The CA body is a "clam shell" design, meaning you must separate the left half of the body from the right half of the body to get to the mechbox. The lower receiver does not separate from the upper as in the stock TM and G&G designs. If there is enough interest in the matter, I might order one of each and compare them on my website...

-Jay
www.AirsoftMechanics.com
Old 01-06-2005, 09:16 PM
youthinize

interest show here, jay...

another question: to strip the CA receiver, do you have to take the cocking tube off, or does it just crack down the middle and split.

does G&G plan to come out with a lower receiver too? thatd be nice...

what i need is an all-metal receiver that stops the creak in an SG1 and stops the wobble too, but still strips like the TM receiver...sigh.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:20 AM

Dead_Pool is a Private
i just ordered a G&G G3 metal body, CA metal cocking tube (G3), systema FTK (M160) , systema M150 spring, systema g3 selector plate, 10.8v 1700mah battery, 5000 .25g bbs. already installed systema tightbore 6.04. i plan to install the ftk in my CA reinforced v2 gearbox.

should be shooting near 500 fps w/ the m150 spring and above 500 fps w/ the m160. i will crono both of them and if the m 160 is way above 500 fps i will sell it.

i will let you know how installation with the body goes as soon as its installed.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:48 AM
JayZ28

G&G has already released a new lower for the G3. It has an MP5 style one-piece grip nad 0/1/20 selector markings.

http://www.guay2.com/new_guay/new/g&...G-03-071-2.jpg

-Jay
Old 01-07-2005, 08:42 PM

Dead_Pool is a Private
i havent seen it on any sites yet. have you found it at a retail store yet?
Old 01-08-2005, 12:40 AM
JayZ28

It was posted on G&G's site on 12/06, prior to their recent redesigning of the site, but other than that, I seem to be the only one who's noticed it. The link given above is directly from G&G's site but only the picture remains. The original info page isn't there anymore as far as I can tell. Here's another view of it, directly from the G&G website:

http://www.guay2.com/new_guay/new/g&...G-03-071-n.jpg

-Jay
Old 01-08-2005, 01:00 AM

Dead_Pool is a Private
I want it. I hope redwolf gets it soon!
Old 01-12-2005, 04:01 PM

Dead_Pool is a Private
I recieved my CA metal cocking tube and G&G metal body for my g3 sg1. i have installed both of them on my sg1 and i am very impressed by both but the G&G metal body is the most impressive.

the G&G body gave me very little trouble, looks excellent, fits together almost flawlessly. my only complaint is that i am having troube getting the stock back on.

the classic army metal cocking tube looks great and its finish matches that of the G&G metal bodies quite well. minor modifications had to be made to it. had to modify the sling pin holes that are on the front site piece. also had to use rubber hammer to make the cocking tube fit flush with the body.

about 2 hours work total. I highly recomed these parts for owners of G3 series aegs!
Old 01-12-2005, 04:26 PM
JayZ28

Looks like I'm going to have to order one for my SG1. Where did you end up buying it from?

-Jay
Old 01-12-2005, 04:52 PM

Dead_Pool is a Private
i ordered it from redwolf, o and i forgot to mention when you recieve the metal body it should come with a set of screws and an allen wrench. do not use them thaey are not all going to work, instead use all of the screws that u removed from the original body and use those they will work great.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: