Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 03-03-2013, 08:37 AM

Kyo is a Private
AAR: OP Nomad 3/3/2013

Well since the ones that usually open the threads went drinking with me last night (Thanks SKY for footing my bill) figured I would start this one.

I didn't get as much trigger time as I wanted for 2 reasons; Huge traffic jam on the way up and dislocating my knee in the slums during the first scenario.

So that is all I have ^_^

P.S the person I turned and shot at in the slum before my fall, I wasn't sure if you had already shot me before I turned around and started shooting, if so, I'm sorry.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:00 AM

Bushmaster16 is a Private
I am the Walrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
Well since the ones that usually open the threads went drinking with me last night (Thanks SKY for footing my bill) figured I would start this one.

I didn't get as much trigger time as I wanted for 2 reasons; Huge traffic jam on the way up and dislocating my knee in the slums during the first scenario.

So that is all I have ^_^

P.S the person I turned and shot at in the slum before my fall, I wasn't sure if you had already shot me before I turned around and started shooting, if so, I'm sorry.
'Twas me who tried to shoot you from behind, Good job taking out all my team mates. I had to raise my gun over one of the barriers and didn't get a good shot. But I don't think I ever did hit you, if anything you hit me through that little window. Nice job.

I had an awesome day yesterday, quite a bit of intense trigger time. The highlight of my day was when I was walking in the field, in E3, and I looked to my right, and sakujosei was in the bushes looking at me . I just took out my red rag and said "thank you" because she definitely had the drop on me. This was after all my team mates had jogged ahead of me.

When they looked back, she popped out and took out everyone on my squad. That was awesome. There were also a few other snipers in the bushes.

During on of the firefights over the upper village, me and a new player were dead and bleed out in one of the buildings and we were stuck. I say this because the first time I tried to come out and respawn, i was hit by my own team twice, lol. After lunch I became echo squad's medic, and rolled with them the rest of the day.

After the end, and everyone had left the field of play, the OSOT guys and I had a little cqb game in the upper village.

Overall, I had a blast. Can't wait for Braaaaaaains III

"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."- Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by Bushmaster16; 03-03-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Styles is a Private
I also had a fantastic day, there was very little down time where we didn't know what the objective was so it made for a very streamlined day. There were some exciting firefights for the villages, it was nice that one team didn't keep Lower for the entire day it went back and forth plenty of times.

Overall I didn't see too many issues with people not calling hits, obviously some times it feels like it but who knows when you are shooting through a bunch of branches. Great job to both green and tan for a fun day of airsoft.

Thanks the most to Sky and those who helped run the game and Tokey for having an exciting field and running a good shop.

Look forward to seeing everybody on the field again.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:34 AM

viper is a Private
It was a good day. Had gun problems though so it could have been better. I will type up a better AAR later once I get home and have time.

I did lose a green midcap with a tan magpul on it. I am assuming I lost it somewhere in A 8-11 or B 8-11 I think it has a piece of black electrical tape around it, not sure if that is the one though because I can't find my other one I know that I at least got in the car.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:44 AM

T20airsoftteam is a Private
This was my first op at FW. It was great time for me and my friends. I ran with Alec and Alex from SYOTOS and those guys really know how to play and have great leadership! Overall I racked up around 25 kills with my polarstar and also got several comments on my Squid grips. I met some great people at this op even those I was quite cold in the morning I had a great time! My friend Tyler came as his first airsoft game ever! I'm glad to hear that he had a great time. We had some crazy firefights when tan held the tower. Me and this one kid held it pretty well even though he ran out of battery. I didn't have many issues with hit calling. I apologize to one guy who I shot in the head on full auto:/ but overall hAd a great time and hope to play with u all again soon!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:06 PM

Spartan_v2 is a Private
Great turn out for this event! definitely much larger than Sepulcher! Mace and I had a pretty good day, but I took it a little more lax than normal. This was due to many gun problems I had throughout the day. Cold weather was messing with my r hop, so i had to adjust it every few minutes. Only problems were a couple people getting frustrated on the field, one person at one point taking his goggles off (Not sure who it was) and Kyo dislocating his knee up in the slums. (Sorry bout that man, that was a nasty tumble.) Thanks to Sky and everyone else that helped coordinate this event. I should have taken it more seriously at the end, but I was rather tired from the day before and all. Can't wait to see you all again at blackgate!

"You have a moose toe!" - Spartan
"He's eating raw peanut butter!" - Overlord
Old 03-03-2013, 03:49 PM

Kyo is a Private
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtXyYgPNhRs
link to my video of the epic fall

Last edited by Kyo; 03-04-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: fixed url
Old 03-03-2013, 04:41 PM

Fodder is a Private
Was a pretty good day overall, though it set two records for me that I would prefer stay unbroken.

First - half of all my deaths were to friendly fire. To the head. My first true engagement was slinking ninja-fu (for a big guy) from the prison camp all the way past tan and into the chow hall. I got bunkered down in there and had a grand time lighting tan up for several minutes before tan had fire teams pinning me down. Then I rejoice as I see green bringing up my left flank down the hill, to reinforce. And promptly seek cover as they shoot at me. Literally lit my position up, and maneuvered to flank ME. I ignored them, pointedly continuing to fire on Tan. Eventually, I returned Green fire, as apparently dark Woodland was not obvious enough. My killstreak was ended by a friendly fire BB to the cheek, at close range. I've got the cut to prove it.
The last three ff times during the day were to the back of the head, as someone was shooting over my head (yes, I was prone and not moving every time). If you are falling 150' short, enough to tag a friendly in the head instead of the enemy, well - don't fire. Truly Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moments, all three.

Second record - a common complaint - was non-hit calling. Made so many people do the 'oh crap' spasm as they were lit up, then pause, and pretend nothing happened. These were not hard shots, maybe 100', in open fields of fire. If 'winning' a pretend game with no prize and plastic bb's is more important than PLAYING the game - well, go for it. It got so bad that I just stopped firing with the rifle at range, pulled the pistol and went cqb in the end. Much more likely to call their hits from 20'. I remember the rifles and faces, and sadly, a number of them weren't young kids.

That said - I saw a ton of great sportsmanship. Watched multiple 'simultaneous' kills where both called out, and then cheerily congratulated each other. And watched two epic 'bang bang' events. Both from tan - once a guy the midst of a bunch of green, hiding well, shot out, and ran down the line bang banging them, only to disappear behind a hill. I didn't feel like lighting him up in full auto with my rifle at close range, so I just healed Green up and drew the pistol to pursue. Got 4 tan before being killed, and then saw what looked like the same player run BACK along the same course he did the first time. And bang-banged the same group he got originally. Then flanked the rest of the buildings on the north side, bang-banging them all. Then got the building in the middle. Not sure how many kills he got, or if it was the same player even as the first killstreak - but he deserves Tan of the Day. A few minutes later, the rest of tan rolled through and started asking 'where'd they all go?'. I cheerily pointed to the guy and said they were respawning at the Alamo, and should learn to watch their flanks.

I retired shortly after, and even though Tan owned most of the day - that final gutsy run by one person with only a pistol was enough to make the day worthy.

To the woodland dude I lent my fancy schmancy dead rag to - keep it. I've got 4 more and you could use it more than me .

Last edited by Fodder; 03-03-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:43 PM

Arrow is a Private
First off, I want to thank Sky, OSU Airsoft, Jonah and the owners of Fallen Warriors airsoft field for hosting a great game as well as anyone else who had something to do with the organization of this event.

Although the cold weather had affected a lot people, SYOTOS had a good time for our first event for the year.

I didn't really have any issues with hit calling and I was actually surprised to see some guy call his hit when I shot him from forever away! (like I had to freakin' angle my gun to the heavens to get this guy) but that's an honorable call to you, sir and I thank you for being a victim of a lucky burst of bb's.

But let me get started.

Right off in the beginning, Tan encountered a solid defense of Lower Village by Green Forces who were pinning us down from the tower and the surrounding wood line. (Pretty much looked like when Easy Company assaulted Carentan in Band of Brothers)

Squads got split up and mixed around a little, but team work was still key in taking the villages before noon.

After Tan cleared out Slums, Green launched a counter attack which led to a lot of Tan rounding up at Mobile Respawn Point in which Snake organized a quick counter attack involving two teams assaulting from both creeks. But Green once again held it down pretty good. A Quick Reaction Force from Green came out of NOWHERE while we were rounding up again at Mobile Respawn Point and wiped us out.

After some hiking and a couple of small firefights, our mixed squad ended back up in the villages. Particularly UPPER Village, which I had witnessed one of the most intense close combat firefights I've ever seen since I started playing airsoft. Our mixed squad got spread out while trying to hike up the ravine so I ended up with just Ozone from T20, so I tried maintaining silent not giving my position away to make sure I could get a more accurate shot when Green got closer. But while I was waiting, it was insane. Seeing loads of Tan and Green on just opposite sides of the buildings of one another. I wish I could've gotten a picture. But when it got to that point, it was time to get me a few kills. I took out three Green before my position was quickly revealed and got hit from a Green guy who was flanking Upper Village.

Moments later, Green pretty much got taken out of the Villages and Tan was spread throughout the Villages, defending until Lunch break.

After lunch, SYOTOS team (who composed most of Bravo Squad) was assigned to defend Lower Village. I was pretty much our RTO (Radio Telephone Operator) keeping in contact with Command HQ. We got the order to send any available guys to Upper Village because there was a s***load of Green assaulting. Me and Alec and a few others started making our way there and that's where I got the majority of my kills for that day. I saw a lot more squad maneuvering, bounding overwatch, and other tactics being used during this massive engagement. It was awesome to watch and be apart of.

While me and Alec were defending Upper Village from one of the buildings, it was so funny when he was like "Alex, we got to fall back, they're about to overrun us." It was so dramatic because I was like "No man, we have to hold our position!" HILARIOUS now that I think of it. But Tan held that village down. There was one instance when I bang-banged two Green and they mustn't have heard me yell it, so I just tapped one of them in the back, waved, and said "You two are dead." and they were like "aww" hahah. But I nearly got blasted by a Green who popped out so i ran back into the building. After exchanging some shots with the guy, he shot me good right in the cheek.

For the most part, that was pretty much the last amount of intense action I saw for the rest of the day. A lot of SYOTOS were having gun technical problems so we decided to dart out. But thanks to T20 Airsoft Team, M.A.C.E., OSU, OSOT, the opposing GREEN Team for putting up a helluva fight, and of course, my comrades in SYOTOS for making this event a great start to the year for us. I hope to see you guys at another event soon!

Also, thanks to the one guy who lent me his shotgun at Lower Village before lunch break since my battery died. That's great camaraderie dude and I hope to see a lot more of that from everyone!!

This is Arrow from SYOTOS signing off!

Callsign: "Arrow"

SYOTOS Airsoft Team
KWA KM4 RIS

Last edited by Arrow; 03-03-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:14 PM

Barkeep is a Private
Coincidentally, my first AAR happens to be the game that I commanded. Lol. I'm such an AO lurker.

First, I want to thank everybody on both green and tan team for a wonderful event (we had a great turnout). Everybody's attitudes were great--just the right amount of serious and nonchalant to make for an excellent game of airsoft. Did see a few no hit calls, but nothing really bad, and that's the nature of the game especially when it's cold. Thanks to Sky for letting me command and for running a smooth game. Thanks to Tokey for letting us play on the field (though I do curse when driving up the driveway in my puny cobalt, lol.) And lastly, thanks to Jonah and Nelson for helping staff (and trying to get that smoke grenade to go off).

Second, wanted to give a shout out to tan team. You guys did an excellent job with completing the objectives, communicating back to me, staying in your squads, and generally kicking green's ***. Kudos! Special shout out to Echo squad and Mace. You guys were awesome and thanks for having my flank.

Lastly, a special thanks to Hollowsnake and Wrath for helping me keep everybody on task and informed. Judging from some of the other AARs, it looks like we did a good job with that. Wrath, you can be my flag-bearer anytime.

As for myself, I did not believe I would have as much trigger time as I did, which was super duper awesome sauce. I think that is something that I want to continue if/when I command again because I had a blast.

Also, to the guy that I commandeered his gun, thank you. I like to think I held off the green forces from taking the lower village for a good 10 minutes with that. I didn't think that I would run through all of my ammo commanding, but hey, sometimes airsoft surprises you like that.

As for the action:

Our objectives for the first part of the day seemed pretty simple and straightforward, but they never are in airsoft. We had to rescue the prisoners who were trapped in the Russian prison camp all the way on the other side of the field. We had intel that the majority of the enemy was loitering around the slums, but when we inserted into the field, we got a helluva resistance. Squads were scattered to all get out, but eventually we made a push into the lower village and forced them to retreat. I took a small contingency with me to free the prison camp, but the prisoners weren't there. We actually found them on the trail on our way down to the upper village. Once we rescued the prisoners, our next objective was to take and hold all of the villages. We got some super heavy resistance in the upper village and slums, but with our pure strength of WILL, we were able to take and hold all 3 villages until lunch. I personally had some great CQB action. When we were pushing into the slums, I tried to do an epic smoke grenade throw, but alas, my smoke grenade was trolling me and didn't go off.

After lunch, we set up a road block past the upper village and a decoy road block on the road to the side of the lower village. Our only objective was to hold that blockade. I left Bravo and Charlie squads down in the lower village and chum line to protect the decoy, but had most of our team in the upper village. Right from the get go we had an enormous amount of enemy contact and they almost wiped all of us out. Fortunately, I called for reinforcements to come up from the lower village (and they were quick about it) and Wrath kept the mobile respawn out of enemy hands and we were able to regroup quickly and push them back. Echo squad had an awesome flank from the ravine after pummeling green in the ammo dump (kudos to the DMR guy) and arrived just in time to save our skins. We then rebuilt the road block and kept it up for almost the remainder of the day. After that epic stand off, Echo squad, Mace, and myself went to try and kill green when they were respawning and left the barricade practically defenseless. We had a great engagement (sorry Rygar for the confusion) and then Snake and I pulled back to the barricade and defended it till about 30 minutes prior to endex. We got massacred by a squad of green and they toppled the barricade. I respawned down in the lower village and green was making a push on the compound (for reasons I do not know). I had a few good kills and then we were trapped in a small building while green pushed in. We held strong in that building and eventually pushed them back. By that time, morale was low, but I rallied the troops for one final push and reset the road block. Much rejoicing was had when endex was called (except for that guy in the gillie suit that was 10 feet in front me like a freakin' ninja). All in all, a great day of airsoft.

-Barkeep

Last edited by Barkeep; 03-03-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:20 PM

Arrow is a Private
Right on Barkeep, you did great with commanding. And watching that system of people speed loading and cycling magazines to you consistently was awesome. Like a damn bb-spitting factory in that building.

SYOTOS Airsoft Team
KWA KM4 RIS
Old 03-03-2013, 06:42 PM

OverLord is a Private
Time to post up my AAR.

So the day started off with a nice long and fast drive up an hour and a half north. Showed up and first thought was, "D*** theres a lot of people here!" Sky quickly put myself and MACE to work as the prison element. We got trucked out to far far away by tokee, were ordered to drop our gear and march over to grid E3 and await our captors arrival. During the downtime, we created a 'harlem shake' Malgovian Prisoner edition (will be up shortly)

When our captors arrived we quickly set the tone that they would not want us around, engaging in prisoner Olympics, pole dance competitions, and group coordinated serenades of Call Me Maybe. We were given the order to break out and were given a minute to reach our stuff. Our young legs aided us well and it didnt take long for us to haul it across the field gather our stuff and make our way to extract. Unfortunately, green followed, knocked off two of our squad and then retreated. We continued following the creek for some time until we were ambushed by two green (kudos to you, awesome spot) They nearly wiped us out but a tag along in our squad took some initiative and eliminated them while the rest of us laid down cover fire and medic'd up. We continued up and down the creek, trying to find tan, getting found by green, running away, repeat.

In the long run (very long run) we did manage to link back up. We then aided in the defense of upper village then assaulted lower village. Second half of the day was very meh for me. Broke out some new stuff only to have mag troubles. Went back to the car to get re kitted. Came back and took a scenic trip with Viper around the entire field trying to locate Spaniard and Pyro who had been assumed captured. We never found them but had a blast creeping around behind green lines (and within ten feet of rygar, get those glasses checked old man ) We ended the day by rolling into the lower village killing all the green there (who were already dead but had no red flags or hands in air) and then endex was called.

Bronco- All tan be advised, the demolition guy is Italian, I repeat he is Italian." To which Blade replies, "I dont care if he's italian, Im French-Canadian, i want to know where he is."

Raven95- It's official, Overlord just looks awesome. Don't ask me why, he just does.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:28 PM

Red Fox is a Private
You all so forgot doing the " Harlem Shake" and playing baseball with a rock and stick! You guys were a lot of fun to watch, and yes we were going to kick you out if you didn't escape!!

Last edited by Red Fox; 03-03-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:53 PM

OverLord is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Fox View Post
You all so forgot doing the " Harlem Shake" and playing baseball with a rock and stick! You guys were a lot of fun to watch, and yes we were going to kick you out if you didn't escape!!
Mission success!

Having a bit of trouble converting file formats. Might take a day or two but the videos will eventually be up

Would help if teachers didnt give so much Homework

Bronco- All tan be advised, the demolition guy is Italian, I repeat he is Italian." To which Blade replies, "I dont care if he's italian, Im French-Canadian, i want to know where he is."

Raven95- It's official, Overlord just looks awesome. Don't ask me why, he just does.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:41 PM

Kyo is a Private
Injury update

ok so saw ortho, got mri on wed, doc thinks I tore my acl mcl and my meniscus... whooo now 4 months off and possible surgery... FML... though I still think it was worth it ^_^
Old 03-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private
Holy schnikey man . Get well soon .
Old 03-04-2013, 12:52 PM

Fallen Warrior Airsoft is a Recruit Private
Quote:
ok so saw ortho, got mri on wed, doc thinks I tore my acl mcl and my meniscus... whooo now 4 months off and possible surgery... FML... though I still think it was worth it ^_^
Damn man, does this mean I need to find a wheelchair for you at Brains? :] Feel better
Old 03-04-2013, 12:54 PM

79stang is a Private
Quote:
Ouch hope you heal up soon.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 PM

Kyo is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Warrior Airsoft View Post
Damn man, does this mean I need to find a wheelchair for you at Brains? :] Feel better
put some off road tires and a motor I'll rock the crippled survivor or the rolling abomination super zombie LOL
Old 03-04-2013, 02:16 PM

Swampdog is a Private
Brother that sucks about the knee. Heal up and get back soon.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:08 PM

Preacher is a Private
man you all got to have all this fun where was i, lacrosse conditioning :P next time
btw hope kyo gets better

"YOU CAN PUSH YOURSELF FURTHER THEN ANYONE CAN THINK POSSIBLE"
LPO MARCUS LUTTRELL

Last edited by Preacher; 03-04-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:37 PM

alecmclovin is a Private
Well now that I have time to do this I am going to get to it.
I had a bunch of fun running with my SYOTOS teamates on tan. I was the guy with jeans, grey sweatshirt, Pantac Mulitcam RRV, Polarstar p90, and Custom G&P baby monster. Thanks Sky for putting the game on. The first part of the day was a struggle for tan. Green hit us left and right and would not let us gain control of the lower village. Those guys in the tower were constantly halting our advances, good work guys. The morning for me was filled with gun troubles. My Polarstar's bucking was being stupid because of the school so I had to swap it for my G&P baby monster. From then on it was smooth sailing. The best part of the day was when green controlled the upper village and tan had to take it. That was a blast and lasted for a while. I enjoyed rushing around the village and shooting people up. I probably got 15 kills there alone. Hopefully someone got some good footage of that awesome fight. Sorry for the guy I shot in the balls. My bad bro! The afternoon was a bit of a change as far as milsim went. What the heck were our objectives again? I was with Bravo squad holding "the last line of defense" and did not see any green for at least a half hr. I then heard over the radio that green had taken the upper village and that we needed to go take it back so I ran all the way up there to another awesome firefight. Alex and I pushed way up into green territory and hit a bunch of people. I got hit twice by a guy who was forever away, nice shots dude I had no idea you could hit me from where you were at. After respawning, I was able to take part in the last charge against the building. From then on Green seemed almost non existant. I saw absolutely no vehicle that we were supposed to be setting up the roadblock for. The only people I saw at the barriers were a few green guys doing Gangnam style. What happened to green? The afternoon objectives seemed nonexistent. I traversed the entire field and saw little to no action besides the upper village part. I was either super unlucky or green vanished. By the end of the day, during our last charge, there were about 4 green guys in the area. The morning seemed super milsim like, but the afternoon seemed like an open play where people were just running around shooting each other, with no intent. Definitely was a blast though! Meeting the 2 guys from t20 airsoft team was awesome. Would gladly run with you gentlemen again.
Proverbs 27:19
Jesus Christ is my Savior, ask me anything about Him.
http://www.youtube.com/user/alecmac111
Old 03-05-2013, 02:25 PM

Arrow is a Private
Any pictures and videos on the way from anyone?

SYOTOS Airsoft Team
KWA KM4 RIS
Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 PM

Screech44 is a Private
Besides the fact that it was cold the whole day and almost everyone on our team had gun troubles and malfunctions I think it was a pretty good game. Thanks Sky for hosting the game. S.Y.O.T.O.S. hopes to attend more games in the near future! Check out our YouTube channel to see gameplay videos and airsoft gun reviews. Also follow us on Instagram and Facebook! Below is a link to our first review of the KWA KRISS Vector which we have yet to use in a game but are hoping to get it out there soon enough! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olFNSJJ3sg4
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Syotos...35672393123177
http://instagram.com/syotosairsoft
Old 03-05-2013, 11:14 PM

JMDECC is a Private
First off I just wanted to say a big thank you to Fallen Warriors for getting my gun fixed so quickly, to Rygar who offered me an extra (I looked for you in the morning but I couldn't find you), a player whose name I never got that lent me some electrical tape to replace the pink tape I had on my GoPro, and everyone at OOTBI for putting on the game. I did not participate past lunch unfortunately (other obligations I had to tend to), but overall I enjoyed the morning of play. I did have some issues however and I'll get into those in a bit.

My day at FW started about 9'clock in the morning. When I got to the field it was snowing, but after getting geared up I didn't mind the cold much at all. Things seemed to move somewhat slower than they did at OP: Sepulcher, if I heard correctly there was an accident holding a few people up from getting to the field. I went to chronograph before briefings started, and to my surprise chrono was now being done by the players persona BB weights instead of using .20's as a standard. This was huge to me and I loved it because when I was here for Sepulcher (my first OP), my brand new gun was chronoing in at something like 430 FPS each shot giving me red tape. That was sort of a bummer, especially considering I wasn't even using .20's that day. Now, with this event I was chronoing in around 330-340 FPS using .28's which gave me a lot more freedom for the day. I really loved this idea and I hope it becomes standardized for all ops. Our briefing got underway before too long, and I saw a lot of younger faces who seemed to keep showing up out of nowhere. Some were in BDU tops but instead of green bottoms they had jeans, the weather being what it was I understood that but on more than one occasion I found myself having a little trouble ID'ing targets. The briefing went by quickly enough and I felt like the only thing that would've been a little more helpful was if objectives and game specific rules were made a little bit more clear.

When it was time to hit the field, our CO was creating squads based off of groups of people who all came together. I was by myself, so I jumped on the first group that made their way to the field, and ended up being stationed near the tower in the lower village. I took the downstairs, while three younger guys took the upstairs with an RPK. We ended up getting in a downright nasty firefight from our position as tan began to pour into the creek bed. Props to the kid with the RPK, he did a really good job at suppressing the attackers, helping take some of the heat off of me while I was fighting downstairs. The shooting was getting really intense, every few seconds I'd duck my head back into the building and hear BB's smacking into the outside wood all over. I went to get my radio and call in that we needed some help and might get overrun, only to find out my radio battery was about to die and wouldn't let me send out any messages. I put it back and went back to shooting anyone who got too close, hoping for the best. After maybe twenty minutes or so, the fighting finally died down. I had burnt through six of my ten mags already and probably had gotten around fifteen kills if I had to guess. The last time I played I'd only managed three (maybe four) kills the entire day, making for a huge improvement. I ran into my first real problem of the day shortly after.

Since the shooting had stopped, I decided now was probably the best time to run upstairs into the tower to get a better look at the field since I couldn't see much from the downstairs. After sitting up there a minute we started to take fire from somewhere, and I turned to the three guys that were up there with me to tell them to get ready for more fighting. To my shocking surprise, one of the kids was sitting on the floor loading his mags with his mask completely off. I looked at him and said, "Dude, what are you doing? Put your mask back on now!" and he looked up at me and actually said, "No, it's okay if I do this." I was honestly so dumbfounded by the response that I didn't know what to say. I ended up getting him to put his mask back on over his face and he didn't say much about, but I do think that he lifted it up slightly to keep loading when I looked away. I ended up walking down from the tower to see if I could report him to someone or something, but at the time no one was nearby and when I went back to the tower he was already gone and the other kid with the RPK was the only one left.

After that entire incident occurred and I was back in the tower sitting and waiting for something to happen. Eventually it did. Tan sent up three or four guys with their teams respawn flag, and setup shop near the POW camp/chow line area. At this point we figured tan was going to try and regroup and make a large assault so informed our CO of what was going on and he wanted us to suppress them and prepare to push and take their flag. After a sort of brief shootout we sent enough of them back to their flag and literally all sort of ran at them. We overran and captured their spawn, but there was some confusion in regards to whether or not we were allowed to do that. Green seemed confident that we could take the flag from them, forcing them all back, but several Tan members claimed they were never told that. After a minute I think we got confirmation that we (Green) could indeed capture their spawn. So victory to us. Knowing that we were allowed to take prisoners for 20 minutes, I still don't know why we didn't do that during that situation. There was roughly twenty enemy tan that we'd rounded up and it certainly would've hindered their operations for a little bit had we ordered them all captured. Instead we let them go.

I think letting them all go partially contributed to how horribly we lost the upper village during a firefight a little bit later. From what I could tell, the battle of upper village was mostly lost by green due to first the massive reinforcements tan seemed to throw at us, followed by poor communication and everyone bunching together. There would be bushes and small buildings where five or six guys would all be sitting at once for cover. Some of our team tried to get them moving up but this just resulted in people running blindly towards buildings and getting completely lit up. I was guilty of this myself once. It did lead to a cool firefight however where after I ran, myself and a guy from tan started exchanging shots from just a few feet away. My primary ran out of ammo, so I ran into a little building and quickly fumbled to try and pull out my 1911. I shot maybe twice when the gun jammed and the guy dove for cover behind a log. I cleared the jam as he started yelling for his teammates to get me and turned toward one of the windows inside the building, when another dude from tan popped his head up. We both shot at each other a few times, missed each time, and then decided we'd both call ourselves out. That was really cool, thanks to you man (whoever you were).

After bleeding out, I walked back down to the lower village and spawned back in at greens CO. I ended up going back up the hill towards the upper village, and tried to flank it with a few guys I'd followed. This was when I really started having problems with hit calling. To make a long story short I ended up getting shot out pretty quick, eventually bleeding out with the rest of Green. We hiked a pretty good distance until we got into a clearing and began preparing our next assault on the lower village which had been taken back by tan. We moved into the creek beds that had been occupied by them earlier and starting shooting. After exchanging a lot of fire, we finally were able to push up into the building and retake it, just before lunch. I saw a lot of people not calling their hits during this fight as well, not only on tan but on green as well. Sometimes it was really obvious, other times it was more questionable. I didn't really understand that. After getting off the field and picking up lunch I had to take off unfortunately, so I missed the second half of the game. That was a bummer.

All in all, I had a pretty good day, especially since I'd really been itching to play. Once again, thanks to all for making it a fun event, I can't wait until I can come back out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: