Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Main > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in an IFAK if so how much would you or have you spent?
Not Interested - IFAKs are not needed 87 24.58%
Not Interested -Money Issues 45 12.71%
Interested I would personally pay- $25 135 38.14%
Interested I would personally pay- $50 76 21.47%
Interested I would personally pay- $75 14 3.95%
Interested I would personally pay- $125 14 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 354. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 10:18 AM

Krayzie is a Private
Feedback Needed - IFAKs in Airsoft

I am not trying to sell anything here, just looking for player feedback on the subject matter.

Alright Ladies and Gentlmen, HRT has teamed up with Chinook Medical gear, the leading supplier for medical gear to the military. We will be releasing our own version of a IFAK/Blow Out Kit.

I am trying to determine if the airsoft community would be a good area to market these kits to.

The kits are basically designed to aid the top 3 combat casualty conditions. Airway, breathing, Hemorrhage. So where do IFAKs come in when playing airsoft since people actually do not get shot? As we know some of the AO's can be very dangerous terrain, it is just a matter of time before something serious goes wrong, this goes for every field/venue. People can slip, fall, heat stroke, etc and now the airway has been compromised. Same goes for falling on a exposed pipe, branch, rock, etc and now the breathing has been affected and the same goes for hemorrhage. If someone were to strike and artery then they could bleed out within 2 minutes. We all know that even having a medical bag for the team or field host it could take 5-10 minutes to get from one end of the field to the other. If players were equipped with IFAK's then it gives the casualty a chance. I know some us us carry IFAKs with us at all times on and off the field.

Are they worth having? Would you or do you carry one?
Would a kit designed specifically for airsoft be good to have?

I am not looking for what needs to be in a kit, just if anyone would or does carry them and why.

So I would like to get some feedback when relating to airsoft.
Thanks for the input!

www.highrisktraining.net
Old 04-19-2012, 11:21 AM

Sidd is a Private First ClassSidd is a Private First Class
Krayzie,

Thats actually a really great idea.

Personally I think the individual players who would wish to carry a kit would really only need a basic kit unless they have some specific medical need. I know there have been times in my airsoft career where I would have benefited from some one with a kit.

Also I think event organizers should have larger kits with supplies for bigger issues like broken bones and stuff, or as I have seen at in the past EMTs ready to go at the event.

(14:33:39) Agent_Spencer: You just fly into an uncontrollable punching rage with those mother****ers on.
(14:33:48) Agent_Spencer: It's like High Speed Low Drag Hulk Hands.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:34 AM

Sithis is a Private
I've always carried a First Aid Kit around with me onto the field and it's come in handy on multiple occasions. Now, I've never seen a situation that would require such an extensive medical kit, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I'd proabaly get one if they became readily avalible and easy to carry onto the field without getting in the way.

"Who is Sithis? Imagine a perfect, cloudless midnight, cold as winter ice and shrouded in shadow. That is Sithis" - Lucien Lachance

Op: Threshhold
Op: Toasty Balls
Op: Blind Fury IX

Last edited by Sithis; 04-19-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:34 AM

CRASH_TF330 GUNSLINGERS is a Private
I carry a blow-out kit/IFAK every time I go in the woods. If you stay ready you don't have to get ready. I would personally recommend this practice for anyone, just on good principle.
I think there would be a market for your product on this forum. I've seen platoon first aid kits for as cheap as 20 dollars. Ultimately you want to turn a profit, however you don't want to over-charge people. That is if you want repeat business. Good luck with your endevor, and when you get it, post a picture. I might be interested in it. I stockpile.

TF 330 GUNSLINGERS
TEAM LEADER
Old 04-19-2012, 11:35 AM

Regan is a Private
Krayzie
I think people should actually keep 2 IFAKS on their person. The first being for a general use for others, and the second being a custom IFAK that is customized for their own personal needs. Such as special medication that may be needed, even preferred brand of band-aid if your that guy haha.

But I would like to carry atleast one with me on the field, hoping to get more items like this and other stuff before bf9.

Hope this helps!
Regan

Sent from my TI-84 texas instrument.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:52 AM

Spaniard is a Private
with me personally having bad asthma i would definately get IFAKS. i already keep an emergency medical kit in my loadout, but it would be nice for more players to be equipped with such items for better safety
Old 04-19-2012, 12:01 PM

P-51Mustang is a Private
Yes, this is a great idea. Like others on here, I carry a small first aid kit with me out on the field, but nothing that could save someone's life if they were to slice an artery as mentioned above. I'd rather have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

AWOL: "Delta, WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?!?"
Overlord: "About 3 feet to your left.
AWOL: "Oh."
Old 04-19-2012, 02:44 PM

WhiteOut is a Private
Same here P-51. I never play without a medic kit. First off, I would help anyone injured, second off, I play as medic so it's good to add to the realism.
MARSOC (WIP)
Old 04-19-2012, 02:49 PM

Gopher is a Recruit Private
I say $125. How much is your friends or your life worth?
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:37 PM

79stang is a Private
I think this would be a great thing to have for any outdoor activity. The availability of medical supplies when you truly need it could save someones life. I think that if you carry one of these, you should in fact be professionally training (EMT, First Response, etc). The kit does you no good if you don't know how to use it.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 04-19-2012, 04:23 PM

Panda is a Recruit Private
I, personally, am in full support of carrying an IFAK. My issue is that, as 79stang said, I'm not sure if I'm competent with one. Granted I'm First Aid and CPR trained, but still. But yes, I like IFAK's. If I were able to afford one in the future, I would most definitely buy one. If not for me to use, then for it to be available for use.

These are a necessity for anyone going to Fran Bar...
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
I'm a complete catastophe buzzing around you like a bumblebee!!

Last edited by Panda; 04-19-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Banned

derp is a Private
Truthfully its just aisoft folks we dont need it. let the field officials or owners deal with any problems but.... i do have a 300 dollar ifak in mug bug out rig for any disaster situation such as when **** hits the fan but i do nt think they are needed in a game. It's already baad enough we run around and pretend were in the military c'mon
Old 04-19-2012, 04:33 PM

Grease Man is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Grease Man
I would hope it would cost no more than $50. It seems to me that if it was over $100, it probably has some stuff in it you need to be trained on.

Keep it basic (KISS), keep it small, keep the price down and I would say its going to be a good product.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:33 PM

Panda is a Recruit Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by derp View Post
Truthfully its just aisoft folks we dont need it. let the field officials or owners deal with any problems but.... i do have a 300 dollar ifak in mug bug out rig for any disaster situation such as when **** hits the fan but i do nt think they are needed in a game. It's already baad enough we run around and pretend were in the military c'mon
True, but at the same time this "game" can be dangerous. Running through the woods is running through the woods, playing or not, and serious stuff can happen if you trip. I don't think having a first aid kit is that bad of an idea, even if we're already "pretending we're in the military." The EO and Refs should definitely carry a first aid kit or two on the field, though.

EDIT: Grease Man brought up another good point. I don't want anyone helping me with stuff they don't know how to use...

DOUBLE EDIT: I meant Grease Man. It's all 8th anyways.
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
I'm a complete catastophe buzzing around you like a bumblebee!!

Last edited by Panda; 04-20-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:51 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
Personally, I wouldn't carry one because I have no idea what to do with it, but I agree that the field owners should all have something of the sort.

However, I do carry bandages and wraps with me just in case. Nothing big, but enough if I get stabbed with a branch or someone else gets a bad cut.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:55 PM

ld513 is a Private
I would be interested. I have an EI style ifak pouch and need stuff for inside it. If I don't know how to use it I would still like to have it there, available for one that does. If it's simple stuff I can use that just makes it better. However ATM I don't have much to spend on one. Airsoft is dangerous and I think it should be standard for at least two guys out of every five have one.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:45 PM

Gopher is a Recruit Private
I carry a pistol mag pouch on my shoulder with Alcohol swabs and also band aids. Then in a MBITR pouch I have a more substantial FAK with a gauze roll,gauze pads,Chem light, orange tape,tegaderm, and other goodies. First aid classes and hunter safety courses have influenced what I carry in a potentially dangerous field.
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:00 PM

Mothman is a Private
Mine has bandaids and cigarettes in it.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Pro Communitus

Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
I would like a very basic IFAK for hiking or keeping it in the car.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Highroller

mr_kong is a Private First Classmr_kong is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
EDIT: Kong brought up another good point. I don't want anyone helping me with stuff they don't know how to use...
WTF, there's another kong?
Old 04-19-2012, 08:07 PM

Regan is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
True, but at the same time this "game" can be dangerous. Running through the woods is running through the woods, playing or not, and serious stuff can happen if you trip. I don't think having a first aid kit is that bad of an idea, even if we're already "pretending we're in the military." The EO and Refs should definitely carry a first aid kit or two on the field, though.
All he does is troll and pretend to be a BA , but eventually you learn to just ignore him. No point in feeding a troll. But I have to agree with you, while this may just be "pretend" its still more dangerous than sitting on a computer trolling, so a boo boo is gonna happen, better safe than sorry. Take lenahan for example back at red dragon a while ago. Hopefully he'll be back soon, I feel bad that it happens, but what of it had been worse? Again better safe than sorry.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:19 PM

WhiteOut is a Private
Since I was already making a 72h bug-out bag, This would help with that as well. And since I'm in HighSchool with no job, It would have to be 50 dollars right now, maybe I'll get a 175 dollar one down the road, but have to keep it cheap. Cause you know College makes you FOREVER A LOAN.
MARSOC (WIP)
Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 PM

PianoBlack is a Private
I carry an IFAK when I play in the field, but it is customized towards the type of injuries most likely to occur when you're running around in the woods. I have some gloves, prep-pads, gauze, tape, a compression bandage for the more serious stuff, and a mylar space blanket. It's essentially a wilderness/camping first aid kit, but in the shape of an IFAK.

Cheers,
-Piano
Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 PM

THEDEISEL is a Private
I carry 1 basic first aid on the field(bandages, disinfectant pads, etc), 1 in my gun bag, and 1 in my Brudgestone emergency car kit(has tons of medic stuff). I should add to the field kit though.

Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'

Air Defense Site: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!'

Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!'

(Silence)
Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Certified Elitist

Lu is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Lu
I am with Greaseman on this one. Keep it simple. Don't include items that people without training are going to hurt the injured or themselves with. Then again I doubt for $50 you guys would be passing out Cric kits and AEDs lol. Some basic general purpose bandages, tape, prep pads etc. would be a great idea for the average player. While some players have already been doing this for years, getting it in one convenient pouch / package at an affordable price would be nice for those looking to start to.

Last edited by Lu; 04-19-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: