Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 08-19-2011, 01:54 PM

AllenTC2 is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to AllenTC2
CYMA M14 battery wiring questions

Okay, so I received my CYMA M14 today. Pretty nice looking, has some heft to it, I'm relatively happy.......

...until I open the battery compartment up.

First off, like an idiot, I bought an 8.4v/3300 large NiMH battery to go in there.....with a large Tamiya plug. Gun has a mini. Ooops.

Secondly, when I try to get the 8.4/1200 mini in there, it's tight. I'll spare you the potential analogies. I decide I'll take the butt off and try that "battery space mod" I saw on Youtube. Well, doing so showed me what I think is someone's tinkering with the wire that connects the battery to the motor wire.

First, lots of electrical tape around both ends of the fuse holder. I can see bare copper outside of one end. The wire itself is very stiff and thick. The fuse holder is located VERY close to the end of the wire the battery connects to. So close, in fact, that there isn't much play to get the battery connected.

So, I ask.....

1) Does that sound like a stock wire to ya'll? I ask since I (not so brightly) bought the M14 on eBay. Apparently the previous owner was getting into paintball. I asked the dad if the kid had taken the gun apart. He said "No". Of course, my dad would have said the same thing if you asked him "Did Allen ever smoke pot in high school?"

2) Where can I get replacement wiring? I see Evike has something called High Silicon Wiring Harness for M14 Series A.E.G. ( Long Type Battery )
that looks like it runs all the way from the motor to the battery.

Thanks for the input!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:58 PM

LeonSeie is a Private
I have a CYMA M14 as well, and that wiring doesn't sound stock, especially with the electrical tape. As for replacement, you should be able to get some from any airsoft retailer.

OP: Cold Steel II
Old 08-19-2011, 06:51 PM

79stang is a Private
I would also suggest switching to deans. Its a smaller connector and you'll get better contact then the setup you have now.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 08-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Bear Jew

UrbanMarine is a Private
You can pick up a new wiring harness for about $15. In my TM (CYMAs are TM spec) I ran a crane style 9.6 battery.

Like 79stang said I'd go deans it you have the proper setup to do so. Batteries, wiring and charger plug to switch over.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:17 AM

AllenTC2 is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to AllenTC2
If it's not verboten, can you give me a link? I Googled "Cyma M14 wiring harness" yesterday and didn't find anything that looked remotely like what's in the stock of my M14.

I've seen those Dean connectors.....they look like they'd be good, but for now, I'll stick to what came with the AEG and charger.

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, big props to Mike at cheapbatterypacks. He said I could just send the battery back with $5 (for shipping) and he'd swap out the plug (yes, I'm too lame to do it myself ).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: