Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 01-14-2011, 03:24 PM

vanceaccount.223 is a Private
Airsoft RCXD

I was talking to my brother after our first official airsoft event and he had the idea that an RCXD for airsoft would be a great addition to the field. I was curious if this breaks any common rules we might be unaware of (the only one I can think might possibly be of concern is the safe distance but claymores seem to fire at a much slower speed than hand held guns).
If it doesn't break any rule, then does anyone have an idea for how to effectively build one? Thanks for any help or constructive criticism
Old 01-14-2011, 03:41 PM

OverLord is a Private
Our team also thought about making one but we abandoned the project in favor of a UAV for one simple reason. How do you define that it has been nutralized. Unless you are attempting to put thus said claymore ontop and use it as a attack car. Howerver, people will shoot at it...at least i will and how do you tell (other than visually) that it has been shot and nutralized. We intended to make one for recon but realized that we didnt want people shooting at it and we figured no one is going to chase down and turn off a speedy rcxd. Im not trying to nuke your project but event staff will not allow it to be used unless there is an easy way to "kill" it.

Bronco- All tan be advised, the demolition guy is Italian, I repeat he is Italian." To which Blade replies, "I dont care if he's italian, Im French-Canadian, i want to know where he is."

Raven95- It's official, Overlord just looks awesome. Don't ask me why, he just does.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:42 PM

Gambit is a Recruit Private
Wow. This is a new one.

Some sort of RC car with a camera and either a wireless claymore or maybe even a tornado grenade on top might work.

I don't know how you would get the grenade to work but it would be a fun project.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:37 PM

@ OverLord It might be costly but I know have read about some events that use an infrared sensor to "kill" a car. A similar concept could be used. It would have to be wired into an emergency shut off in the rcxd.
Btw, how did you make and implement a UAV?
@ Gambit Of the "explosives" I've looked at I think the claymores are best because most of them come with a remote detonator and that triggers a release which just flings a volley of bbs in one general direction.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:44 PM

Kitten is a Private
It only has one shot regardless, and like grenades you could set the rule so that it could only be used once per match.

From a place you do not see comes a sound you will not hear.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:16 PM

Kraken is a Private
You would probably want to start with a Tamiya Twin Detonator RC car as they are somewhat cheap and 4 wheel drive. Then some sort of wireless camera and an airsoft claymore. Then you would need to rig an extra servo to trigger the claymore. You need at least a 3 channel radio and a 5 channel if you wanted pan and tilt on the camera. The bigger issue is that no one is going to want to haul this thing around on their back. That and RC radios aren't the strongest things out there.

Your looking at some pretty substantial cost and if there is any really rough terrain your pretty much screwed.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin

Old 01-14-2011, 07:36 PM

Thanks for all the input guys. I think he and I are gonna try to build a very basic prototype (blind car with a bomb), give it a couple test runs before trying to use it in the field, and hope it works somewhat well. At worst we have a claymore for surprise attacks, and at best there is a working prototype for a future unconventional weapon in airsoft
Old 01-14-2011, 07:44 PM

holygrunt33 is a Private
Hey while we are at playing black ops lets get a chopper gunner and a nuke too.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holygrunt33 View Post
Despite how much flak call of duty gets in airsoft forums, you do have to admit that some of the stuff in it can be used and beneficial. If you could find a way to safely include these and allow them to be "killed" then they would be fun to use. Maybe not the nuke or an airstrike or helicopter but smaller things like the dual mags, grenade launchers, and claymores.

And if you are a milsim player, wouldn't the unconventional weapons that have a real life counterpart add to the realism (artillery, choppers, etc)?

I'm sorry if this came off as defensive but I don't think you should knock an idea just because the inspiration is from an unrealistic source. Especially if it could make the game of airsoft more fun.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:16 PM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
Seriously? If I get "killed" by one of these at a game I am stomping on it.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:24 PM

mac50 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by holygrunt33 View Post
Actually a nuke isn't that far fetched, at least a simulated one. If you will read the current issue of Take Aim, they talk about an OP with a Fulda Gap scenario there, Tactical nukes were used in that game. Area was roped off and you couldn't pass through it.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:39 PM

Kitten is a Private
My suggestion would be to use something like this. I have a similar older model. Just attach a claymore with remote detonation and there you go.

http://www.shopwildplanet.com/prod/WPT70337.html

From a place you do not see comes a sound you will not hear.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:39 PM

OverLord is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanceaccount.223 View Post
@ OverLord It might be costly but I know have read about some events that use an infrared sensor to "kill" a car. A similar concept could be used. It would have to be wired into an emergency shut off in the rcxd.
Btw, how did you make and implement a UAV?
@ Gambit Of the "explosives" I've looked at I think the claymores are best because most of them come with a remote detonator and that triggers a release which just flings a volley of bbs in one general direction.
simply used a large internal prop styrafome model airplane with a rotating camera. not hard. although this is related to another thread. the ir sensor sounds like it would work.

Bronco- All tan be advised, the demolition guy is Italian, I repeat he is Italian." To which Blade replies, "I dont care if he's italian, Im French-Canadian, i want to know where he is."

Raven95- It's official, Overlord just looks awesome. Don't ask me why, he just does.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:40 PM

OverLord is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac50 View Post
Actually a nuke isn't that far fetched, at least a simulated one. If you will read the current issue of Take Aim, they talk about an OP with a Fulda Gap scenario there, Tactical nukes were used in that game. Area was roped off and you couldn't pass through it.
look up shack in the search box he made a mock nuke with a keypad to disarm....it is one of the best props ive ever seen

Old 01-14-2011, 09:05 PM

Sunshine is a Private
I believe that Prankster from Team P.A.C. had one that he tried to use. It didn't work in snow. But just get one of those mini-gas powered cars, strap a claymore to it and call it a day. Just keep it in sight.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:14 PM

Kraken is a Private
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT USE A GAS RC CAR!!!

Aside from airsoft my other hobby is RC cars. You will never make the torque required for what you are wanting to do (even with the offroad ones). Nitro cars are set up for speed. At low speeds you will overheat the motor and burn through clutches. They are also hot, dirty and fule is $25 a gallon. And they are much more expensive.

Your going to want atleast 1/10 scale and 4wd. My previous suggestion is one of the best choices. You can also use your current AEG batteries.

As for as the UAV goes just get one of these. Control it with you ipod and it streams live video.
http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/usa/
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin

Old 01-15-2011, 09:57 PM

Hans17 is a Recruit Private
Black ops prestige rcxd wOrks great
Old 01-16-2011, 12:05 AM

OverLord is a Private
^ not to mention saftey problems with gas powered ones exploding. Not to say they would but it is a saftey concern and i doubt insurance covers mock rcxd's turning into real ones and doing damage.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:17 AM

Panda is a Recruit Private
If I ever saw one of these on the field, I'm sorry, but I would probably punt it back to sender. The idea of an explosive device driving my way would make me do that...
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Everyone wants to be a cool guy until it's time to do the cool guy stuff.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:58 AM

20nascar2020 is a Private
I'm actually building an rc ac130 with Airsoft turrets (3 guns) in it... It will have a camera, sights, and no ground unit can take out... Costs around $300 w/o guns
Old 02-08-2011, 10:13 AM

Texx is a CorporalTexx is a CorporalTexx is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Texx Send a message via Yahoo to Texx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20nascar2020 View Post
I'm actually building an rc ac130 with Airsoft turrets (3 guns) in it... It will have a camera, sights, and no ground unit can take out... Costs around $300 w/o guns
....it will also have a snocone machine and flavor crystals.

Nascar, reality has left a message for you at the front desk.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 AM

Vector is a Private
Yeah some guy brought his RCXD from the black ops prestige edition to an event and it was freaken hilarious.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:40 AM

Tcbite is a Private
It might be possible to rig a plate on the top of it and hook it up to a switch. When the plate is shot it falls and turns off power to the whole RC car.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:08 PM

randaltothereed is a Recruit Private
There is a reason why I don't play Black Ops, because there is stupid **** like that in it. Not to bash on your idea, but to go back to what Spectre said, if I got out by one of those things, I would just stomp it, and say........ "A branch musta fell on it." It was a fairly good idea, although you didn't really come up with it on your own, but hey, way to think outside the box.

Tags
claymore, concept, explosives, rcxd

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: