Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Main > General Discussion

Old 01-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Masakatsu Agatsu

India is a Private First ClassIndia is a Private First Class
I know this goes without saying, but given the sensitive nature of this discussion, make sure you keep your comments responsible and on topic. This ain't the Greta Van Sustern show, so keep your legal opinions to yourself.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Airsoft Ohio Co-Founder

Wallace is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBanker View Post
I know this goes without saying, but given the sensitive nature of this discussion, make sure you keep your comments responsible and on topic. This ain't the Greta Van Sustern show, so keep your legal opinions to yourself.
Thank you for the reminder. My apology indeed.

W.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Masakatsu Agatsu

India is a Private First ClassIndia is a Private First Class
I didn't mean you in particular Wallace. In fact, I wasn't thinking of anyone when I wrote that. I just wanted to be proactive.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:23 AM

Atomic is a Private First Class
This thing (and upcoming sinus surgery) has kept me awake for two nights straight. I cannot imagine what Blade, the Strikers, and all of the people close to this family must be going through.

I have given it some thought, and I think I am going to write a short column about my point of view of the situation in the Chillicothe Gazette, where I am a columnist. I don't have any insight in the situation and wouldn't dare speculate. I have had a couple conversations with Michel and played with him at a couple of events.

What I think needs pointing out to the lynch mobs is that he is a "normal guy" and anybody close to him is in shock. Whenever someone is alleged to do horrific things, he or she is always portrayed as a "normal guy" by people close to them. I never believed it until now, and now I can really say that people need to keep their comments to themselves until the dust settles and the investigation is over. I am as guilty as anyone on casting judgment. When it looks cut and dry, it seems pointless to give them the benefit of the doubt. It is pointless to everyone except the people who are the closest.

One argument that I hear from shallow minded people lashing out in horror is that "they wouldn't be arrested/charged/tried if they weren't guilty." Ask the recent glut of Guantanamo inmates who were held for four years without a charge and then turned loose. "So sorry, hope your mind isn't cracked." While this is only an illustration, it has been the same in every major crime in my lifetime from Timothy McVeigh to the Gitmo detainees.

There is always enough time to hate a murderer after the trial is over, it's just our hate that may not burn so bright. And we may turn out to be hating for no reason.

Last edited by Atomic; 01-15-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:03 AM

BruiserAEX is a Private
unbelievable

I just heard about this horrible news today through a mutual friend and it came as quite an incredible shock. Coincidentally, just a few hours before, I was digging through my airsoft picture files for an article I'm writing and found a picture of me with Francois and Michel when they visited our Los Angeles shop just before Lion Claws 3. I have only met Michel a few times but have corresponded with him and Francois occasionally since when they were Combat Depot together many years ago. They and the few Strikers I met were always really nice and I was always in awe with their sustained enthusiasm for airsoft and professionalism at games we were at. Hot-headed emotion was certainly not part of Michel's or any other Strikers' reputation. I cannot believe the charges and certainly hope that they are not true. I felt a great deal of sadness seeing how beautiful his wife and children were in the news pictures. My heart goes out to Michel's surviving family and the Airsoft Ohio community.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:26 PM

JayKay is a Private
Send a message via ICQ to JayKay Send a message via AIM to JayKay
A fellow AO member messaged me last night about this events and I couldn't believe him. I actually had to read the news article for myself and get confirmation from another AO member before I realized this wasn't a joke.

I'm really at a complete loss for words and I still cannot believe this.

My condolences and prayers go out to the family and all who are touched by this tragedy.
Ez.JayKay: thanks for your contribution
Ez.JayKay: I really needed to hear that
Ez.JayKay: seriously
Old 01-15-2008, 04:29 PM
What plants crave

Evil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a Sergeant
For those interested:
Saint Susanna Catholic Church is planning a prayer service for the Veillette family.

Thursday 7:00pm
616 Reading Road
Mason, Ohio
Evil Head is not repsonsible for sarcasm. If sarcasm lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor. Evil Head's comment may cause prolonged bleeding and sexual inactivity. Do not read these comments if you are pregnant. Some mild bruising of the ego may occur. If so, stop using sarcasm immediately.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:36 PM

BerettaBuddyM92F is a Private
Send a message via AIM to BerettaBuddyM92F Send a message via Yahoo to BerettaBuddyM92F
My thoughts and prayers are with the Veillette family. There is not much more to be said. He helped me out a lot on here, even though I have not met him personally but I owe him so much for all the info I have read from him.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:34 AM

Spook is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Spook
It was shocking to hear about the tragedy. Hopefully Michel is out of the hospital and hopefully his friends are at his side. Those of us who know him or know of him from the game are with him in our hearts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: