Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 01-13-2009, 01:09 AM

Comrade Garcia is a Private
Several Gripes I Have

It has come to my attention, that whenever we get someone new who doesn't know a lick of information on airsoft, that they will ask about a gun and get a "Google it" and a "Thread Closed". Quite frankly, I think this attitude the moderators have is elitist, and it is going to kill airsoft.

There seems to be this general consensus that growth in Airsoft will lead to Airsoft becoming like the abomination that paintball has become. Frankly this is impossible because paintball is more family friendly while Airsoft is based around war and is not family friendly.

You know if you tell someone who is asking you, the person who knows his stuff, to **** off, then you are shutting them out and discouraging them from playing. Why should we tell someone to "go do your own research" when we already have the knowledge we can give to them? Granted we can't tell a person EXACTLY what gun to buy, but can't we point them in the right direction? I can see how a "isthisguncool" thread is useless, but whats worse is a "justgoogleit" answer. That itself is just lazy.

Also it has come to alot of people's attentions, that mods are using their powers too aggressively and it's starting to cause hostility among players towards the people who run AO. And that so called "pros" can say what they want off topic and ruin a post, but if a nobody does it? It's a crime against nature and they get banned.

Granted this will probably get dissected, discredited and deleted but dammit, someone had to say it. I don't see this stuff happen on bigger forums like ASR and AirsoftForums. But these I think are caused by attitudes that need to change.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:34 AM
Pro Communitus

Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
Its easy to use google. Seriously. Airsoft Ohio doesn't shut out new people, it shuts out lazy people who don't want to put in the effort to learn. Teachers create rules for a reason in their classroom; to create a proficient atmosphere for learning. When that atmosphere is disrupted by an individual, that person gets in trouble, or is ignore entirely, or is told to do something different. If they don't listen, they get in more trouble. You get a closed thread when you ask something stupid, just like a teacher will ignore a question or tell you to behave. When you say something stupid, the teacher might scold you, or an infraction might be handed to you by a moderator.

The moderators are here to help you learn, by keeping standards. If you can't conform to those standards, you should be expelled.

Also, STARTING to cause hostility? Dude, there will always be people who are pissed off at how things are run on this site, and they will hate the moderation staff.

Check out the "Lack of information" thread by Mavrick. You should find a lot of things there that you'll be interested in.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:34 AM
What plants crave

Evil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a Sergeant
I'm a mod and I'm personally offended by what you just said about me. So I'm an elitist and now there is hostility torward me?
Evil Head is not repsonsible for sarcasm. If sarcasm lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor. Evil Head's comment may cause prolonged bleeding and sexual inactivity. Do not read these comments if you are pregnant. Some mild bruising of the ego may occur. If so, stop using sarcasm immediately.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:48 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fox is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Fox Send a message via MSN to Fox Send a message via Yahoo to Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Garcia View Post
It has come to my attention, that whenever we get someone new who doesn't know a lick of information on airsoft, that they will ask about a gun and get a "Google it" and a "Thread Closed". Quite frankly, I think this attitude the moderators have is elitist, and
it is going to kill airsoft.
Do you go into a new town doing 65, or do you slow down and look for a speed limit?

The first thing I do when I go into a place I don't know is simple; check the rules. I cannot tell you how many people come in here and post like they own the place, yet have given nothing to the community. I can take several posts today, that are filled with either bad, unsafe, or for that matter, illegal activities.

And you expect me not to close threads?

Quote:
There seems to be this general consensus that growth in Airsoft will lead to Airsoft becoming like the abomination that paintball has become. Frankly this is impossible because paintball is more family friendly while Airsoft is based around war and is not family friendly.
You would be surprised. Paintball started off as milsim, then drifted down an 'easier' route. Not saying you're completely wrong, but judging by the way recent casual events are being pushed for over 'milsim' play, its drifting that way too. Now, I am also comparing it to years past.

Quote:
You know if you tell someone who is asking you, the person who knows his stuff, to **** off, then you are shutting them out and discouraging them from playing. Why should we tell someone to "go do your own research" when we already have the knowledge we can give to them? Granted we can't tell a person EXACTLY what gun to buy, but can't we point them in the right direction? I can see how a "isthisguncool" thread is useless, but whats worse is a "justgoogleit" answer. That itself is just lazy.
Why should I have the answer the same 'is this gun good' post, in my posting history, probably 1700 times out of my 2400 posts? If the gun uses a v2 mech box, and is made by a decent company the answer is yes.

How do you think I felt getting into airsoft 10 years ago. Do you think I had forums like this to help me? Or do you think I just went a head with it what I wanted and got it? Sometimes in life its better when people don't hold your hand and you make up your own mind. If you can't even make up your own mind about what gun you want, with basic research, then how are you going to forge ahead with anything? There are options in life, and only you can make up your mind.

Quote:
Also it has come to alot of people's attentions, that mods are using their powers too aggressively and it's starting to cause hostility among players towards the people who run AO. And that so called "pros" can say what they want off topic and ruin a post, but if a nobody does it? It's a crime against nature and they get banned.
Now, this is where your wrong. You think mods are abusing their power. Where as if I took a poll out of airsoft event attending people, I firmly believe the majority would be mods are fine. I also believe if we went to the milsim aspect of play crowd, that they would want even stricter rules and mods.

Now, if a 'pro' or 'vet' says something, and they've been around the block - don't you think you should listen? I mean, if someone has bought the gun you wanted, messed with it, had it forever.. I would take their advice over the other guy wanting you to buy a cheaper gun. However, it's your life - if you want to make the same mistakes others have made, go for it. As I said, I'm not here to hold your hand, make up your mind, or form your opinion it.

As for people banned.

I believe there was only 3 people banned this week, here is the break down of why:

2 - Spam bots. I'm sure the nice man from Nigeria is really nice, however he does want to steal your creditcard info and all your forms of identification. If you're really upset about me banning them... I'll let you decide that.

1 - Multiple infraction violator. Someone who has 2 infractions already earned 2 more by spamming the forums with multiple posts about completely useless (paintball) things. So I don't see your complaint, if it was your friend - I'm sorry.

Quote:
Granted this will probably get dissected, discredited and deleted but dammit, someone had to say it. I don't see this stuff happen on bigger forums like ASR and AirsoftForums. But these I think are caused by attitudes that need to change.
Yep, you're absolutely right.

So, go post on those boards. This isn't a democracy unfortunately. It's a privately owned board on a privately owned server that is open for you to post on following the clearly marked rules of the forum. No one is keeping you here, no one has flex cuffed you to the chair.

As I said before in other threads just like this. You're new here. New people are accepted as long as they abide by our rules. None of our rules are terribly difficult, as well if you would read previous posts, you will see that new rules are indeed in the works. However, we will not be completely relaxing rules like you want. So you will have to deal with rules still, none the less. These rules, the veterans, moderators, and admin, decide are the best for the growth of the community the way we want our community to grow. If you don't feel like its for you - as I said, no hard feelings, the door is open. You will see once again, in my other post the break down of people who register for this board, and then leave as well.

That is my feeling on it at the professional level of having to deal with this, as a moderator. If you want my personal feelings, this is not the place for me to post them.

Cheers
Fox

Team Leader, 08th Expeditionary Unit
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." ~ Lao Tzu
Old 01-13-2009, 01:56 AM

Comrade Garcia is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Its easy to use google. Seriously. Airsoft Ohio doesn't shut out new people, it shuts out lazy people who don't want to put in the effort to learn. Teachers create rules for a reason in their classroom; to create a proficient atmosphere for learning. When that atmosphere is disrupted by an individual, that person gets in trouble, or is ignore entirely, or is told to do something different. If they don't listen, they get in more trouble. You get a closed thread when you ask something stupid, just like a teacher will ignore a question or tell you to behave. When you say something stupid, the teacher might scold you, or an infraction might be handed to you by a moderator.
Well when you want to get information on Airsoft when you're just starting out, you have 2 choices. Online stores and Forums. Stores won't tell you anything accurate because they are trying to make a profit. Atleast online stores anyway. So your next best bet are forums. Frankly I can't see how it is lazy when someone goes to the people who are involved in the sport and ask them about it. Especially when they don't know where to start. Wikipedia is kinda a good guideline to get aquainted to but it's not creditable.

@Evil Head: Ok fair enough you caught me in that one, perhaps I should have narrowed it down to "some" moderators. Do not mean to offend anyone but if you have answered with "googleit" and closed a thread, then that is a very elitist action. It just seems in general a lot of the mods here do that.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:00 AM
Pro Communitus

Quote:
Well when you want to get information on Airsoft when you're just starting out, you have 2 choices. Online stores and Forums. Stores won't tell you anything accurate because they are trying to make a profit. Atleast online stores anyway. So your next best bet are forums. Frankly I can't see how it is lazy when someone goes to the people who are involved in the sport and ask them about it. Especially when they don't know where to start. Wikipedia is kinda a good guideline to get aquainted to but it's not creditable.

@Evil Head: Ok fair enough you caught me in that one, perhaps I should have narrowed it down to "some" moderators. Do not mean to offend anyone but if you have answered with "googleit" and closed a thread, then that is a very elitist action. It just seems in general a lot of the mods here do that.
Yes, you go to those forums, and you abide by their rules. Then, you search through those forums for your answer before you post. Once you search, you ask your question if you haven't found anything.The problem is, most people don't do the searching.....they simply post.

When was the last time someone asked a legible, intelligent question, and got "Google it" as an answer?

Old 01-13-2009, 02:01 AM
The Sniper

Duo Chan is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Duo Chan Send a message via MSN to Duo Chan Send a message via Yahoo to Duo Chan
Quote:
Well when you want to get information on Airsoft when you're just starting out, you have 2 choices. Online stores and Forums.
Yes, you're right. Stores and forums.

Stores, as you said, are not a valid source of information as they're trying to sell you the product.

Forums, great source of information. The members have answered your exact question hundreds of times before. And wow, it even saves all those answers for future generations. So we'll just go, start a thread, ask the same que-.... Oh wait, there's a giant link that says SEARCH! I wonder what would happen if we entered our question in there? WOW! Look at all the answers to my question...

So in the end. Yeah, you're wrong.

Edit: It's like calling Merriam-Webster on the phone, with a dictionary on your lap, and asking them what the word "antidisestablishmentarianism" means...

http://google.com

Last edited by Duo Chan; 01-13-2009 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Highroller

mr_kong is a Private First Classmr_kong is a Private First Class
Quote:
I don't see this stuff happen on bigger forums like ASR and AirsoftForums. But these I think are caused by attitudes that need to change.
Is this ASR? Is this ASF? If you want AO to be just like them, GTFO or stop whining.

Those two forums (well I dunno about ASR anymore since I haven't been there in 3 years) are notorious NOOB forums. Their tolerance is on a lower level compared to AO. The community tries to keep AO presentable and clean so others may quickly get information from... what's that? RESEARCH.
Google links to AO when I do some SEARCHING on my own and therefore opens hopefully organized information globally.

Quote:
Do not mean to offend anyone
Oh but you do, by existing.

Next time (if the admins and mods are merciful), don't be a douche bag.

Last edited by mr_kong; 01-13-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:08 AM
What plants crave

Evil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a Sergeant
Well, lashing out at everyone who volunteers their time to keep this site up and running is not the best way get what you want. Frankly, I'm not sure what it is you want. I'm a pretty easy going guy, but my close friends will tell you, you don't want to be on my bad side.

The mods on the website are some of the best people. They work at airsoft stores, maintain sites, and host games. A few host games every month and some cater to new players. They take the time to help, teaching, fixing guns, and keeping the community alive. You don't see the work they put into the airsoft community. You then lash out at them because for some reason you got a bug up your ***. Well, I think the mods are tired of the attitude and lack of gratitude. So for people who want to join the bandwagon here, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!
Evil Head is not repsonsible for sarcasm. If sarcasm lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor. Evil Head's comment may cause prolonged bleeding and sexual inactivity. Do not read these comments if you are pregnant. Some mild bruising of the ego may occur. If so, stop using sarcasm immediately.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:13 AM
Highroller

mr_kong is a Private First Classmr_kong is a Private First Class
I wish my "ANG" thread wasn't locked so people could know what not to do...

Kids, take note. This is one way of becoming a F ANG.
I mean it's one thing to complain, but to publicly state your dislike of "certain" moderators when it is rather obvious??? That's right by borderline mental retardation...

Last edited by mr_kong; 01-13-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:27 AM

Gascan is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Gascan
At the very least, understand that you are neither the first nor the last to gripe about "over-modding". There are one or two every month or so. Understand that you will never win this war with the mods because the majority of us appreciate them. When you lash out at them, you lash out at the community. Understand that AO plays a major factor in the quality of Airsoft in Ohio. It is a lonely world without it. Above all, please realize that Airsoft and integrity go hand in hand. Singling yourself out with such statements drastically influences how people think of you. If people think poorly of you, you’re going to find Airsoft far less glamorous. Friends are nice to have. This can be reconciled.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:36 AM

Miyagi is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Miyagi
AO is a place for people to get CORRECT INFORMATION. Some posts are opinionated. The same people who answer opinionated questions are the ones who ask the most useless, thoughtless and down right stupid questions known in the airsoft world. If you have time to type over 100 posts and threads in a month, you have time to research before you ask.
There is a saying " there are no stupid questions" I have to disagree when it comes to airsoft. On AO, in the last few months, I have seen a influx of the most moronic threads I have seen in years. We could think of the numerous reasons why these posts are posted, most of them are sarcastic.
The mod's on this site do a outstanding job. They have opinions, their job intails that when they do make decisions, they make them for the good of AO. Do we all agree? No, but most of us supporters of AO do!!!!

SUGGESTION MOD'S: Post a banned member listing along with duration and reason for being banned. Public humility works.

BOTTOM LINE: MOD's...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
Old 01-13-2009, 03:36 AM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
A very simple answer to your gripe.............get over it.

Seriously, this same thread topic has popped three or four times since last September. It gets old...fast. And the guys who respond to it, often mods who are under attack, start getting really irriatated at this sort of thing, and that is when the banhammer flies.

Another anology. Its like yelling at the law enforcement officer while he tries to figure out who stole your car, because he gave you a speeding ticket last week.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:44 AM

Fat Tony is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Fat Tony
Quote:
Do not mean to offend anyone but if you have answered with "googleit" and closed a thread, then that is a very elitist action. It just seems in general a lot of the mods here do that.
There was a thread a week or so ago where a new guy asked where he could get a certain item. I copied and pasted the TOPIC of his thread into Google, and the first item on the first results page was the exact item he was looking for. I didn't have to type anything, I didn't have to narrow anything down, I didn't have to go to results page 2. I copied, pasted, Googled, and immediately found exactly what he was looking for.

I generally try to abide by the "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" rule when it comes to posting, which is likely a major reason why my post count isn't double or triple what it is after nearly 6 years on these forums.

We were all noobs at one point, but when someone is either too dense or too lazy to first type their question into Google instead of into a "New Thread" title box, we have a problem.

Great job mods, keep doing what you're doing.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:11 AM

Wraith is a Private First Class
Send a message via ICQ to Wraith
Comrade, you have been a member for less than two months and you are complaining about the mods? Dude, I would NOT want to have to do their job. They deserve respect, noone is paying them for keeping spammers off these boards. They are sacrificing their time that they could be doing other things with to come on here and make sure we have a good forum board to use. Free of spammers, free of advertisments, oh...and free to use! As was stated, this is a privately owned site. At no time has anyone ever approached me and asked for money to help with the site.

To me, it's almost like walking into someones elses home and telling them you don't like their house rules and they should change them. This is not your home. This is not my home. We are just visitors in someone elses home. Have some respect for the house and the rules.

Mods, you guys are doing great. Thanks for what you do.

Man will occasionally stumble across the truth, but most of the time he will get back up and continue.
-Winston Churchill-
Old 01-13-2009, 08:41 AM

Texx is a SpecialistTexx is a SpecialistTexx is a Specialist
Send a message via AIM to Texx Send a message via Yahoo to Texx
Quote:
It has come to my attention, that whenever we get someone new who doesn't know a lick of information on airsoft, that they will ask about a gun and get a "Google it" and a "Thread Closed".
I am pleased that you have paid attention to this policy. New players are encouraged to use existing threads and information to first get a better understanding for the hobby they are looking for, rather than asking for others to 'reinvent the wheel" for them. With almost 6 years of compiled information on this forum, the basic fundamentals of airsoft are thoroughly covered to the point an intelligent person could easily find out all the basics with a few hours of research on his part.

Encouraging a new person to find this information is one of the greatest lessons you can give a new player. Once they understand that they can find information for themselves, it helps them to learn just how easy it will be to find the information they want.

Quote:
Quite frankly, I think this attitude the moderators have is elitist, and it is going to kill airsoft.
The attitude that new members should take the time to thoroughly educate themselves before asking general questions that require members to spill everything they know is going to kill airsoft?

So you are saying that the hobby is going to die because this one forum insists new players educate themselves with a freely available and vast resource of knowledge before they post questions asking people questions they could answer themselves with a few hours of effort?

Would you like to know my opinion on what will kill the hobby?

Ignorance will kill the hobby, not education. People who know nothing about the hobby doing something stupid, resulting in a public outcry. Laws will be made, not based on the responsible educated individuals playing, but on the stupid morons who thought it would be cool to do something stupid.

Quote:
I'm glad you took the time to take a general consensus. And where did you obtain you information?

Quote:
If you walked into my house, and told me to give you a drink of water, I might first tell you to leave before I call the police. Then insisting I give you a piece of pie and let you play with my dog. Well, I might let you play with my dog, but that's my pie, dammit, and I had to talk my wife into making it for me, had to spend the time at the store picking out ingredients, had bake it and let it cool. Now you want me to give a complete stranger my pie. No, sir, there will be no pie for you.

Quote:
Also it has come to alot of people's attentions, that mods are using their powers too aggressively and it's starting to cause hostility among players towards the people who run AO.
Could you please specify which players are causing hostility so that they may immediately be banned? Such information may result in availability of pie. But you can't play with my dog until after the aggressors have been banned.

Quote:
And that so called "pros" can say what they want off topic and ruin a post, but if a nobody does it? It's a crime against nature and they get banned.
A crime against nature? I will admit I have a lower carbon emission than Fox, but failing to close a post makes me guilty of crimes against nature. But you also said Mods are too strict so if we are strict in one sense and lenient in another we are guilty of crimes too?

Quote:
It has been dissected. I think your words discredit themselves, based on the consensus of the other posters in this thread.

I apologize if you think being encouraged to educate yourself is such a horrible thing. Maybe that says something about your attitude about learning. I would then question why you would choose to come to this community or what exactly you are seeking here.

ASR is a horrible resource, mostly because there are no real standards for the information posted. You can get horrible advice and end up spending countless hours trying to undo all the damage done.

AirsoftForums was a good resource initially, but also went the same way as ASR. Now its a huge mess to try to navigate.

As a person who has done gun repairs, I have come across dozens of guns "repaired" with advice people got from ASR and ASF "budget"-minded players who jump into upgrade with no idea of what they are doing, based simply on the ramblings of a "chairsoft expert" who didn't know much more than the others.

You want AO to be like them for what exact reason?

I, for one, think this thread should remain open. It makes a perfect point over why players should think beyond their little box before posting outrageous claims and disrespecting those who have actually contributed to this community - that is what you find at ASR and AirsoftForums and exactly why you won't see AO become those two sites.

If you're worried about being discredited, perhaps you should make a stronger argument for why using google and taking the time to properly educate yourself will cause airsoft to die.

Quite frankly, I think your limited view and understanding of the hobby and this site has undermined you position. It has come to my attention you have been reprimanded for breaking rules on the site - rules that are easily found with minimal effort on your part. Why is it you can't follow a few posted rules?
...The universe is a big place. We can't be alone on this tiny blue planet - its own solar system surrounded by billions of solar systems, in a galaxy surrounded by a billion galaxies, infinite combinations of matter and energy with infinite possibilities, and they picked Ben Affleck to play Batman...

Last edited by Texx; 01-13-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:13 AM

Ozzsclan is a Recruit Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Ozzsclan
ya i know this is gunna get my melon thumped or worse like someones panties in a bunch but .....

anyone need a hug and some hot coco?
I am the last person here to say anything about anything but for those that have helped thanks, i would name names but you all know who ya are noughe said, thanks for makeing this game and arena great
Old 01-13-2009, 10:10 AM

Torque is a Private
Quote:
I don't see this stuff happen on bigger forums like ASR and AirsoftForums.
Yeah, and those sites are freaking cesspools of posers, wannabees, egomaniacs, and narcissists that just want to get into arguments with each other, cuss, and fight over stupid ****. Over 80% of the posts I see on those sites are full of bogus, useless, hearsay information not credibly supported by hands-on knowledge.

Opinion posts especially make me laugh. How many times a day do we see the "Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting this gun, whatcha think?" or "Are JG guns good? I heard they're just as good as a CA/TM." These threads are annoying not so much because of the question asked, but because of the answers given. By the time the thread runs its course, you'll usually see 20 responses or more (mostly from complete N00bs): 35% supporting the gun/brand, 35% telling you why it's a piece of crap, and 30% telling you why you should be buying something else completely. Are readers confused after reading all of that? Yep.

Last edited by Torque; 01-13-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:26 PM

RabidRecon is a Recruit Private
Mr Kong,

Seriously you are NOT helping yourself at all. I respect you but posting disrespectful threads, to be funny or not are not going to be taken seriously ESPECIALLY not by the people that need to read them and it will just make more flame posts anyway. Counterproductive. I, for one am happy that thread got locked it was horrible and disrespectful.

What is a airsoft player without respect and honor? (Saying a paintballer would be counterproductive to my point, but it just feels oh so right)

BUT It is never 1 JUSTGOOGLEIT answer, people also add their own opinions in spite of the rules. So people break the rules, the person who created the thread gets blamed, BUT they get their answer.

If it is dumb and it works it is not dumb.

-Recon.

PS: Do not insult the mods, most of them are helpful, amazing people, and just doing their job. They do not make the rules, they enforce them and the problem isnt "Elitist Mods" it is Elitist members who THINK they are mods.

MODS!!!
I <3 you all, thank you for doing a good job.

Texx you too, but I am still upset with you but whatever floats your goat man.

PSS:I am not an @$$ kiss, brown nose, nor a suck up. But they all do a Damn fine job.

Fight until you die and drop. A force like ours is hard to stop. Close your mind to stress and pain, fight 'til you're no longer sane.

Last edited by RabidRecon; 01-13-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Pro Communitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRecon View Post
Yes the mentality of this forum is counter productive, Yes it is a private forum, Yes people break the rules.[/B]

Care to elaborate on this?

After you've read this thread, how can you think this mentality is counter-productive? Maybe for lazy people, but definitely not for people who are willing to work to stay in this hobby and learn. We don't want the lazy kids.

You're instigating what you call an "ELITIST" mentality with your attitude. AirsoftOhio is stuck in our way because: OUR WAY WORKS. We keep smart people in, and lazy people out, and you try to challenge that because you and your buddies may not be fitting in. After all, I'm sure you know how to run an Airsoft community with your few months of experience.

Mr. Kong is tired of silly people, Rabid. Lots of us are. We want to play airsoft. We are tired of hearing that the site mentality, or how it is run, is the cancer killing airsoft, we're tired of people complaining. I used to complain about it sometimes, but thats because I was being a whiner.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:52 PM

McBango is a Private
Send a message via AIM to McBango
LOL mr. kong! You're outrageous!

Why dont you all stop talking smack and show it during games. Keep anger and aggression on the field! (in a reasonable manner)
Old 01-13-2009, 01:20 PM

Grease Man is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Grease Man
Quote:
Stores won't tell you anything accurate because they are trying to make a profit.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Have you done much shopping?
Old 01-13-2009, 01:29 PM
What plants crave

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBango View Post
LOL mr. kong! You're outrageous!

Why dont you all stop talking smack and show it during games. Keep anger and aggression on the field! (in a reasonable manner)
Anger and aggression should never be on the field. I'm sure you meant well and just worded that wrong. Let me put it in better words, "Shut up and play airsoft!"

Old 01-13-2009, 01:56 PM

Phil is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Phil
Guys, this thread is the worst thing ever.

Garcia. You're wrong. New Guys don't get special rights to posting just because they're new. Nobody on this forum can post "is this gun good" threads. Giving google it answers is totally acceptable, because they're expecting us to do all their work for them. 99% of any questions asked on this board can be answered either within this board or another, and google is the answer to finding it.

Red, Duo and Fox are absolutely right in thinking the way you are. Carry on.
Ray and Greaseman, you have every right to be offended. Hell I was offended for you. You guys do a bang-up job with this forum, and that is why we have so many long time veteran members, because this airsoft community is one of the best.

Ozzsclan, Please stop posting posts without information or meaning, as an average member of the boards I think it is safe to say your style of post is not making you any friends.

Ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texx View Post
Phil is damned perfect. And beautiful. In that manly beautiful sort of way. Count yourself lucky he cared enough to share his wisdom....his beautiful, beautiful wisdom...
Old 01-13-2009, 01:58 PM

Invulnerable. is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Invulnerable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
Yeah, and those sites are freaking cesspools of posers, wannabees, egomaniacs, and narcissists that just want to get into arguments with each other, cuss, and fight over stupid ****. Over 80% of the posts I see on those sites are full of bogus, useless, hearsay information not credibly supported by hands-on knowledge.
In my opinion those sites like asr and asf have very credible information, detailed reviews, and have many informative threads that are easily found (stickied).

But calling them "posers, wannabees, etc" is something I disagree with. I find more useful information and users on those sites than I do random l96 sniper threads and JG/CYMA threads. There are a lot of great people on those other forums with tons of tips and experience to share. 80% of the post you say on those sites are are useless is not rational at all. I think your rant is very much opinionated and not a rational one at that.

A few things Garcia said, sadly I agree with. If one is going to spend the time to click reply to just type in GO USE GOOGLE/SEARCH (in a very unwelcoming manner) when instead of typing that could of shed some light on the post for the poor guy. Or simpily tell them (in a friendly manner) to click search and type whatever it is they are inquiring about in.
Here is an example: http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20846

Some of these replies here on this thread are showing the maturity levels of some veterans of AO. Such as the one Im commenting on now. While few show repect and maturity which should be a staple of all veterans on a particular forum.

Last edited by Invulnerable.; 01-13-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: