Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 04-11-2010, 05:46 PM

green beret is a Private
Send a message via MSN to green beret
Question Crane stock installation on m16 help

Hello fellow airsofters I have a question for anyone who has an M16 with a crane stock or anyone who know alot about airsoft guns externals and internals. Want I want to do is to remove my full stock on my Echo 1 m4 spc and install a crane stock onto it. only problem is I don't know how to do this. I know i need a crane stock with a buffer tube and obviously a crane stock battery. I have a large type to small type connecter on it so that is out of the way. I dont know if I have to pull the wires through the stem on it or what but I dont have the slieghtest idea. Can someone please tell me how to do this?!!?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airsoft pictures 003.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	3046  
Old 04-11-2010, 05:52 PM

green beret is a Private
wireing

this is what the stock wireing looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airsoft pictures 005.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	3047  
Old 04-11-2010, 07:22 PM

wahugg is a Private
Send a message via AIM to wahugg
Green, yes you will need the crane stock, buffer tube, and the battery. What you will need to do first is to take out the wiring from your full stock. All you have to do is simply unplug the wiring at the point circled in the picture below. Remove the rubber or tape covering these and the connectors can simply be pulled apart.

^ This is the part where you need to take off the tape and unplug the wiring.

Now that you have the wiring unplugged I would take this time to switch over the plugs to small connectors, or deans (the best). The adaptor will simply take up room, increase resistance, and be a pain in the ***.
The next step you have to take is to move the wire that is hanging out of the gun it’s self and put it through the circled hole in the picture below.

^Now take the wire through that hole.

The buffer tube will have a screw with a washer on it. The washer should have a notch in it were wires can pass through to the rear of the buffer tube. Tighten down the screw so that the buffer tube is SNUG and not to tight or to lose. If it is to tight your gear box will tilt back and be out of alignment. Now reconnect your fuse and connectors with the plugs. Make sure to rewrap the connectors with electrical tape to make sure that they will not touch each other or the buffer tube and short out. Put on the crane stock by pulling down of the adjuster piece to allow the stock to pass on the buffer tube. Take off the rear plate, install your battery, make sure that all is good in there, put on the rear plate, and you should be done. If you have any questions please let me know and I hope you get it fixed. Cheers! - Wallace
We wish we could've lived our lives without making any wrong turns. But that's impossible. A path like that doesn't exist. We fall. We trip. We get lost. We make mistakes. And little by little, one step at a time, we push forward. It's all we can do on our own two feet. Even if we get a little banged up. Someday, we'll reach something. We'll reach someone. - A true Friend

Last edited by wahugg; 04-11-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:50 PM

Son of Liberty is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Son of Liberty Send a message via Yahoo to Son of Liberty
You may need to shorten the wires. When I had an M4 with a crane stock I had way too much wiring and it would bunch up and prevent me from having the stock all the way in. Also what type of battery and brand of stock are you going to use?
Warning: My vagina is big enough to swallow your self-esteem. Read my comments with caution.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:52 PM

green beret is a Private
Thank you

Thank you wahugg an Son of Liberty for your output on my question. There is nothing on the internet that even romtely helps me even begin on how to do this. And this is why I love ohio. Someone in ohio knows how to do it and they aren't lazy and wont post it. I thank you both for this but I have one last question. what kind of stock should I get that has every thing (or close to) I need to install the crane stock on? Thank you guys so much for this.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:17 PM

wahugg is a Private
This is a really good crane stock that has all the parts you need not just the buffer tube and stock but all the odds and ends that are helpful and that you will need. Sure it is a little bit expensive but do not go cheap. Now I recommend this website that allows you to design and get a great battery for a great price. Get a couple of batteries and you will be good to go all day and night. Glad I could help and best of luck! Wallace
We wish we could've lived our lives without making any wrong turns. But that's impossible. A path like that doesn't exist. We fall. We trip. We get lost. We make mistakes. And little by little, one step at a time, we push forward. It's all we can do on our own two feet. Even if we get a little banged up. Someday, we'll reach something. We'll reach someone. - A true Friend
Old 04-12-2010, 07:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Son of Liberty Send a message via Yahoo to Son of Liberty
The CA crane stock is an alright choice. I've owned one and didn't have trouble with it but my grandfather (yes you read correct, my grandpa lol) has a CA CQB SEAL M15 and has clipped the wiring on the battery due to the stock. I'd recommend the G&P crane stocks though. I'm on my iPod so I can't copy and paste but on redwolf (www.redwolfairsoft.com) they sell a complete kit. Crane stock, choice of battery (8.4 9.6 10.8 and I believe 12v batteries) with the buffer tube and adapter for charging. They are deans type connectors. I've used and owned one for about 2 years no problem. The reason why I'd recommend this over the CA is how hassle free swapping batteries in and out is. With the CA I'd say leave the battery in the stock to charge and use zip ties for easier removal to prevent pulling the wires out. But the CA does offer more space than the G&P. Ultimately they're both good choices though. Good luck!

Edit: cheap battery packs absolutely rocks. Great service. Great prices. And very easy to work with. I love their site and their batteries are fantastic!
Warning: My vagina is big enough to swallow your self-esteem. Read my comments with caution.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:19 PM

wahugg is a Private
Here Green Beret. I think these are the links that SOL were talking about. If they are wrong sorry just let me know. Also thank you SOL. I am to switching over to a crane stock soon and I did not know that they had offered such a deal. Thanks!

Ok here are the links:

Here is the 10.8 version crane stock.
Here is the 9.6 version crane stock.
Here is the 8.4 version of the crane stock but for some reason they only had it in tan.

Hope this helped you Green and thank you SOL! Cheers! - Wallace
Old 04-12-2010, 10:22 PM

Gambit is a Recruit Private
Ironically I'm thinking of doing this same thing soon. I was thinking of getting a Dboys crane stock but I want to know if this kind of battery(http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_i...53b7ca629a3c0e) will fit in a crane stock or should I get a designated crane stock battery? Also I was just building a battery on that cheap battery website that was posted and what kind of wire do I want?( Like 12AWG or 14AWG).

Last edited by Gambit; 04-12-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:12 PM

Yep those are the correct stocks. The G&Ps are awesome. BorderPolice- yes those should fit. I use a similar configuration (they're 12v) in my crane stock and know a few others who have also. Get 12 AWG wiring.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:21 AM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
Yes Border, that battery will fit the typical Crane stock design as well as Dboy's VLTOR replica MOD stocks. I installed one on my brother's gun easier then the full crane stocks are... A warning on installing it however (in any MOD stock). Its a tight fit, and the channel that has been carved out for the wiring can slice the rubber and plastic wrapping of the battery under pressure. Take it easy while installing. Think it through before doing it.

A warning on the CA's, the buttstock pad is removable obviously. However, the clips that hold it on are easily broken if not payed attention to. I've broke mine, and paid witness to several others being broke. However, this has been the extent of my "bad" experience with their Crane Stock. I use a large 9.6V 4200mAh battery in mine and have adapted the wires using zipties to fit...sortof. Short fix, will switch to lipo's eventually.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:53 PM

Gambit is a Recruit Private
Ok thank you SOL and spectre very much.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:32 PM

green beret is a Private
does the G&P crane stock collapse all the way down without damaging the wires. Also is there a step by step instruction manual that comes with it.?
Old 04-14-2010, 04:37 PM

with a 10.8 you will not be able to collapse it all the way. With a 9.6 you will be able to. There is not a guide with it. All you do is screw in the buffer tube. And the rest is simple. Put the battery in the stock and put the stock on. A tip: Connect the battery and push the top middle part into the buffer tube and then put the stock on. Makes it easier to collapse it. If you do do it this way you can't put the caps on but I never did. It doesn't make a difference.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:58 AM

green beret is a Private
but how do i charge the battery because i saw it had some funny connectors and i dont think my smart charger is compatible.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:04 PM

It is a deans style connector. It comes with an adapter for your charger. Plug the wires from the adapter into the corresponding wires on your charger's large connector.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: