Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 07-14-2012, 08:28 AM

Killtime100 is a Private
Classic Army SVD Upgrades?

Hey guys I reciently bought the Classic Army SVD. However, to be honest I'm not a very tech savy kind of guy. I was simply wondering if anyone knew what kinds of upgrades would be compatable with it and how to go about upgrading my rifle since it's not your standard M4 variant. I'm willing to drop quite a bit of money into the upgrades so money isn't an issue, it's just getting there.

I'm not quite sure if this is the way to do it but I was going to start off with a 6.01 TBB, new bucking, and a new spring (m130 to an m140 if that's the highest I can go without upgrading the spring guide, bushings, pistons, etc. . .) I also heard maybe an irregular pitched spring for a DMR would be the way to go?

If anyone could lend a hand that would be great and I look forward to reading all the responses. Again, thanks.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:57 PM

campingtomz is a Private
CAs make decent guys with the svd a few simple things would be to get a new oring for the PH the #14 for a better seal. the CA gears should be able to handle up to a m150 maybe 160. the motor if your upgrading to a m140+ should be changed with a good high torque. i recommend jg blue or lonex HT.
a 6.01mm tight bore gives greater possibilities of jams if you dont regularly clean it. i suggest a prometheus 6.03. as for bucking a lonex soft for under a m150 or a hard for m170+. if your piston wears or breaks get this one.
http://clandestineairsoft.com/index....roducts_id=243
SHS pistons are really nice and the SVD uses the 19tooth ones like the sr25s for more cylinder volume.
i highly recommend get what is called sorbo pads. they help with taking the impact of the piston head. so there is less strain on the GB and other parts.
i cant tell what the air nozzle is but look into getting a oring air nozzle they help prevent leaks.
beyond that look into some hopup mods like the Rhopup and so on
http://www.sorbopads.com/
for a guide on taking it down
http://filakairsoft.30.forumer.com/i...showtopic=1274
hope you guys dont mind its the best one i could find

Tags
classic army, svd, uprgrades

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: