Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 08-18-2011, 08:08 PM

Armand h is a Private
Loadouts

I am looking to move on from the acu to a usmc force recon loadout I already have bdus coming from camp lejune but I need a coyote tan plate carrier. Now I coulnt decide which one to get to make it realistic I was thinking a ciras or something that will cove a lot of my body with a lot of molle webbing on it. Thanks
Old 08-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
Ok, do it! If you really need our permission to spend your money.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 08-18-2011, 08:16 PM

Pitbullet is a Private
I'm pretty sure Marine Force Recon was replaced by MARSOC sometime in 2006. They are pretty much the same thing.

Anyway, MARSOC (Marine Force Recon) use FSBEII kits. So you'll be good with anything from that, including CIRAS', MBSS', RRVs, etc. Also, MARSOC is now adapting to khaki gear as well, so keep that in mind.

I suppose that is the information you were looking/asking for, if you even were? Being a little more clear in your post would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spencer View Post
TLDR: We have no home, but we have booze and guns. And those are the essentials.

Last edited by Pitbullet; 08-18-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:26 PM

Italian is a Recruit Private
A Land CIRAS or MBAV would be the two vests that cover you most in the FSBEII collection. If you go with a RRV or MBSS, make sure to get a PACA Low-Vis carrier as well.

Pit, RAVs are more of a CAG thing
Old 08-18-2011, 08:44 PM

Daxter is a Private
I never got a sticker...D:

I'm an AK purist. Deal with it.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:53 PM

Pitbullet is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian View Post

Pit, RAVs are more of a CAG thing
Doh. Thanks Italian.

And a second to a soft armor PC if you were to go with a MBSS or RRV, especially if you're a skinny guy. That stuff will lug around on you like crazy if you don't get something to help fit it on yourself better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spencer View Post
TLDR: We have no home, but we have booze and guns. And those are the essentials.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:00 PM

Sunshine is a Private
IIRC There was a certain RAV made specifically for AFSOC operators, but that is kind of an off rail of the thread.

So to the OP. Like they said, google the FSBEII Kit and see what that includes. Anything within that is good. With the point of more modern kits, such as after 2006, there are a few photos of MARSOC wearing the RBAV MOLLE Platform, and the SPC can be seen sometimes as well. I also forgot about those new photos of MARSOC wearing full Mulitcam with Multicam 6094's.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:14 PM

Raven95 is a Private
Sunshine, they still mainly use Despat. It's like the Rangers, they're testing it.

I've mainly seen them using the Land Ciras in everything I've seen. However, that's for husky gentlemen such as myself. If you're a smaller lad, you'll want something smaller that will stay closer to the body. You want it a bit tight, trust me. Look around for sizes and even try one on if you can.

PM me with other questions, it just so happens I'm doing this myself.
WHERE ARE THE ISA?!

Operation: Night Archer
Operation: Night Archer 2
Operation: Night Archer 3
Operation: Night Archer 6
Operation: Northern Lights 2
Operation: Red Dawn III
Old 08-18-2011, 10:16 PM

Sunshine is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven95 View Post
Sunshine, they still mainly use Despat. It's like the Rangers, they're testing it.
Yes I know, but there are confirmed photos of them wearing it, so it can be a legit kit if he decides to do it, just as there are new photos showing up with them wearing AOR1 left and right.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:22 PM

Raven95 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
Yes I know, but there are confirmed photos of them wearing it, so it can be a legit kit if he decides to do it, just as there are new photos showing up with them wearing AOR1 left and right.
Sure that's AOR1? I've seen ARO1, that's VERY close to Despat, the only differences are that there's velcro on the AOR1. Yeah, another thing. Marines=no sleeve velcro.
WHERE ARE THE ISA?!

Old 08-18-2011, 10:32 PM

Sunshine is a Private

Also something else I am seeing is that there is an influx in Marines using Woodie cams again. And I read an article that they are now ordering(for some units) Woodland camo that is Gen. 2 cut from Crye Precision.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:37 PM

Raven95 is a Private
The top looks like regular Despat but the bottom does look like ARO1.

Here's Despat compared to AOR1. They look the same to me.
Also I had heard about them going back to Woodland. Not much, but thanks for putting that out there.
WHERE ARE THE ISA?!

Old 08-18-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Woodland camo that is Gen. 2 cut from Crye Precision.
Gen. 3

http://kitup.military.com/2010/11/ma...-woodland.html

Raven, thats CP AOR 1 in the top pic. You can tell by the knee pads on the trousers.

Last edited by Italian; 08-18-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:50 AM

NapeSticksToKids is a Private
first off, Recon still exists. Recon is still there as a Marine specific Special Operations Capable group, thats what it started as, and thats what it still is. MARSOC was born out of a Marine group to fall under SOCOM, which recon never was.

Recon still uses primarily CIRAS, land version. MARSOC wears woodland and desert MARPAT with velcro on the shoulder pockets. ive seen plenty of recon guys wearing every coyote plate carrier you can imagine, so dont feel too restricted with FSBE kit. remember every persons kit is different, so dont get stuck up one where you should wear one pouch or another. my gear looked totally different than every other guys.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:11 AM

Panda is a Private
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen a lot of pictures of Force Recon operators in CB flightsuits or straight CB uniforms. Is this still one of their standard uniforms, or am I confusing them for another Marine unit?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 08-19-2011, 06:13 AM

Khaki and Sage flight suits.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk, because I cant'afford a real Droid.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:37 AM

Sunshine is a Private
To the original Poster, what time frame are you doing? If we could know that, we could greatly help you out more than just the broad post your originally gave us.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:34 AM

Armand h is a Private
As modern as possible
Old 08-19-2011, 10:41 AM

Sunshine is a Private
Still doesn't help us. As modern as Possible, I would assume you mean like 2009-now. If that is the case, then there are some gear changes. They(like many) are switching to some khaki gear(MBAV'S IIRC), as well, woodie cam is being used to conform with the ANA Commandos that they work beside on often occasion now. As well, despat or FROG will work, but as shown, they are switching up to AOR1. But keep to the FSBEII Kit, and do good research and your loadout will turn out great. You'll find that researching is one of the most fun things to do while piecing together a kit.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:40 PM

Panda is a Private
Quote:
Still doesn't help us. As modern as Possible, I would assume you mean like 2009-now. If that is the case, then there are some gear changes. They(like many) are switching to some khaki gear(MBAV'S IIRC), as well, woodie cam is being used to conform with the ANA Commandos that they work beside on often occasion now. As well, despat or FROG will work, but as shown, they are switching up to AOR1. But keep to the FSBEII Kit, and do good research and your loadout will turn out great. You'll find that researching is one of the most fun things to do while piecing together a kit.
I don't know about you, but I know exactly what he means. He wants whatever a Marine Force Recon operator would be issued right now. That being said, I don't know what they use.

(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 08-19-2011, 03:59 PM

since the advent of the FROG suit you see the flight suits being used less. the whole reason we/they wore flight suits (us regular infantry guys wore them in iraq), is because they are fire retardent, so FR uses them typically when doing breaching/flashbangs, we wore them while mounted because of IEDs. when the FROG suits got delivered, we were told we werent allowed to wear flight suits anymore. im sure FR can still use them if they want, but i havent seen them in use for awhile.

Also, if youre doing a RIGHT NOW impersonation of FR, then its not gonna be as HSLD as MARSOC. since MARSOC started fattening its ranks, Recon started losing guys to MARSOC and got less funding. Recon guys arent really getting the brand brand new ****, so dont get stuck up on getting the latest and greatest.

Seriously, all you need is:
MICH w/norotos mount/typically black with MARPAT cover
MARPAT cammies or FROG Suit
Marine boots
Riggers belt (go with either green or brown)
CIRAS or PACA w/RRV/EPC, or just an EPC
**** ton of pouches, anything coyote will work

dont be worried about headsets and war belts and having everything dangling off you. your typical LCpl Recon Marine will look like the above.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
Dont all issued BDUs have fire retardant in the mix? Like the old woodland/ DCUs/ Flight suites / etc.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 08-19-2011, 04:34 PM

Panda is a Private
It would just be easier to get some MARPAT, or a FROG suit, as said earlier, a CIRAS (CB) with every pouch you could possibly want (Marines use a lot of pouches), tan boots, a Mich 2000, and if you want to go the full distance, an M16A2 or A4. That will get you the base look of a Marine Force Recon. That's the easiest route.

To all who say, "No, you can use x, y, and z", he is looking for specific information. That's not specific enough.

Quote:
Old 08-19-2011, 04:47 PM

youre going to want an M4. I dont think anyone in recon has an A2 or A4 even anymore.

M4. ACOG. KAC RAS. Peq-15 or Peq-16. thats all you need.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79stang View Post
Dont all issued BDUs have fire retardant in the mix? Like the old woodland/ DCUs/ Flight suites / etc.
the MARPAT cammies are fire retardant not fire resistant. or something that effect, i dont know the actual wordage.

basically, when MARPAT cammies are exposed to flame, instead of melting they ash up, so you dont get the melting hazard. but they disintigrate pretty quick, just ask me how many burn holes from cigarettes i got in my cammies.

FROG suits on the other hand are fire resistant and actually resist burns from the flame. i actually tried to burn a hole in them and couldnt.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: