Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 02-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
OOBI Open 2/23/13 AAR

I had a great day today running the scenarios. Sportsmanship was top notch, lots of hit complimenting and teamwork. There was a lot of trigger time in the morning and the afternoon scenario went very well from my perspective.

Chrono procedures will be streamlined and will utilize .2's from now on, the players use their own bb's and weight experiment did not go smoothly. It was great to see so many old friends as well as new faces. You guys did great and made it a treat.

On a personal note, thank you to everyone who helped break in my oldest daughter to the sport. She had a blast, notched 4 kills and will be back again. We are doing some gear shopping tonight . See you guys on the 16th of March!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 PM

P y r o is a Private
Rygar, your kid needs to be like Jonah's kid.

Nice to see everyone. Jonah, thanks for hosting. As usual, it was a blast. Not going to go into huge detail about the different scenarios, but being a downed pilot was fun. Let us know when you get pics up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
LOLKWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:26 PM

Cydawg23 is a Private
Had a great time for my first time at FW. Great sportsmanship and great play from both teams.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Space Wizard

Pics are up in the out of the box industries Facebook page!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:01 PM

P y r o is a Private

That is classic.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:57 PM

sdk1968 is a Private
another great day of slinging lots of plastic...

like Jonah said there was TONS of trigger time today.. between Lilly & me alone we used near 6,000 ... where Pyro & his buddy where in that last game? we never had a clue when we were there. excellent job on their part & it provided MANY strong fire fights. good stuff!

sportsmanship was actually one of the better runs & overall was great.

the chrono thing with actual play BB's for everyone was an absolute mess.... J, Jonah, Rygar & me all trying to help out... & not take forever. it sucked & this is obviously NOT the answer of how to do it & keep it productive. just too many people with too many different weights. we did 60+ people with a total of 72 guns..

we can also say that while it wasnt smooth or quick.. there were ZERO incidents of people saying they got hit by bricks, too hard, too much FPS or anything else.

the only complaints were MED's & FA. yes one of those was all my fault in an exchange with J... who is someone i call friend and have great respect for..

he was totally correct that i shouldnt have taken that shot on him & he got my apology for that & we both called ourselves "hit" ... cause we were.

people refusing to take a SAFETY KILL or a bang bang? that just results in people getting shot close up.. it happened a couple of times, but if you wont take either of those....... then your going to end up getting shot at close range.

cant wait to get back and sling some more..

"Builders helping Builders"
Old 02-24-2013, 11:57 AM

Boxer3 is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Boxer3
I personally had a great time aside from some technical issues (the best times to discover your mags are junk are in line for chrono and when you have the jump on someone), but the two buddies I brought with me have a somewhat different perspective.

I don't know who "Cesar" is, but no matter how "badass" your running dive may have been, that doesn't change the fact you lit up two dudes who didn't know you were coming from less than three feet away on full auto. I don't care what color your tape is, disrespecting your MEDs is a great way to encourage people to get out of the sport. It would have been just as easy to bang bang at the end of your dive instead of emptying an entire mag into two dudes at point blank. Sorry to make this personal, but one guy managed to ruin what was otherwise a fantastic day.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:45 PM

sakujosei is a Private
video of the event

http://youtu.be/ELjbEEIGeX8

you can interpret the rules many ways in this situation, but lit up a relative term i heard at most 4-5 shots at the first person and 1 maybe 2 at the second before his mag unwound. Also gun was legal for full auto. All shots were aimed at chest and lower. Plus sniper rifle was pointed right at him.

To me it looks pretty legal, i happened to be on the end of something like that as well when someone did that to me. I got shot a bit in the legs at 2' with a 400 fps rifle, about 5 rounds it stung, but more so to the ego.

He didn't fire 30 rounds or something, he fired 2 bursts. He apologized after as well.

I have played a lot of cqb in hawaii and this kind of stuff is common, hell i had my own team light me up with 10 rounds to the chest 1' away in a doorway breach situation. Its just a part of cqb.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Space Wizard

Thanks for the feedback and I am sorry that the one incident took away from the whole day. Generally speaking CQB can get nasty especially when you get bursted without expecting it to happen . Sometimes in the heat of the moment even on semi only people get lit up as well. Thanks Michelle for posting the video and unfortunately sometimes it does happen.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:53 PM

SwiftPhantom is a Private
Thanks for all who came and made this my first open play! I had TONS of fun. Loved the "Chaos" game at the end.

Oh... and as a note, don't touch the metal sides of the counter in the shop.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:57 PM

Bushmaster16 is a Private
I had a great day, as usual. So true^
Old 02-24-2013, 07:09 PM

Jason is a Private
I had a good time, but chrono was a joke. I still dont understand the need to chrono in the winter. Only guns worth chronoing are the Polarstars and sniper rifles. Everything else is a waste of time.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Space Wizard

Well Jason insurance is one reason safety is another. There were several AEG's that were over the limit in both joules and FPS. It was our first time with the chrono by joules system and let me say that while the joules worked the players own weight did not .
Old 02-24-2013, 07:20 PM

Rygar is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I had a good time, but chrono was a joke. I still dont understand the need to chrono in the winter. Only guns worth chronoing are the Polarstars and sniper rifles. Everything else is a waste of time.
If everyone in airsoft had that attitude, we would still be playing in small groups in peoples back yards and abandon lots. Without those regs, we couldn't have insurance coverage which makes it possible to play organized games on sanctioned fields like you enjoyed yesterday and bigger Op games like Blind fury, Irene, Crucible and any other large events that bring huge groups of airsofters together for a day of slinging plastic.

It may feel like a waste of time to you, but catching a hot gun at chrono before it could potentially hurt someone, is a good thing.
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:12 PM

Boxer3 is a Private
The video footage clears a bit up (I was parked about 30-40 feet to the right of that structure, so all I saw was the dive and heard some shots while dealing with some mag feed issues). I can understand getting caught up in the heat of things, and I am aware he is within the FA rules, but I think a bang bang was definitely called for - they were pretty well trapped at that point and the building is only like 8 feet wide, it isn't like they were going to go anywhere.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and despite my holier-than-thou protestations, I probably wouldn't have had the presence of mind to bang bang either. I just hope I can convince them to come back out again. It was the guy with the sniper's first time out in years and he was already pretty cross by that point =/
Old 02-25-2013, 08:36 PM

sakujosei is a Private
http://youtu.be/Mv_EYO08CMo

Game footage from my camera, sniping with my SVD. I had fun all day with it.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Space Wizard

Very nice footage Michelle
Old 02-25-2013, 08:49 PM

P y r o is a Private
Who added the tag?

PS - Jonah. Title change. Noaw.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
Old 02-26-2013, 12:18 AM

Boxer3 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakujosei View Post

Morale became very low upon that hill when we figured out what was happening. You were stirring fear amongst green all day. Multiple times throughout, I met hit squads forming up to try to track you down.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 AM

sdk1968 is a Private
Finding & killing her before she kills u at long range is the challenge.

but she does have a few favorite spots....

now if someone gets mad & doesnt want to play just cause they got shot closer than they wanted?

Then they dont need to play this game. It happens all the time.... & to All of us...

Old 02-26-2013, 02:22 PM

sakujosei is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
Finding & killing her before she kills u at long range is the challenge.

but she does have a few favorite spots....

now if someone gets mad & doesnt want to play just cause they got shot closer than they wanted?

Then they dont need to play this game. It happens all the time.... & to All of us...
>.< he know my favorite spots.

I need to find new spots. Actually i found a bunch of new spots lately i want to try out in various games.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Space Wizard

I told you that you were the bane of Green's existence .
Old 02-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Airsoft Prophet

RotaryProphet is a Private
Quote:

Now, in the video you neglect to mention that our entire squad was basically just a distraction for you... and we were ok with it. =cP
Old 02-26-2013, 05:43 PM

sdk1968 is a Private
Quote:
>.< he know my favorite spots.

I need to find new spots. Actually i found a bunch of new spots lately i want to try out in various games.
not ALL the spots you hide... but we do know to look in a few certain ones & which way to NOT approach. LMAO

you in that bunker/ditch behind the lower village is just nasty. but just to plant some doubt in your mind... next time we see you in there we are gonna try to get behind you.

so now you gotta watch both sides and cant sit there comfortably and potshot the front of the field.. :-)

kinda like with Prophet & i dont mind telling this.... with his "set up" we decided to always approach him from an angle..

game on!

Old 02-26-2013, 06:48 PM

Boxer3 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post

Having been blasted in the side of the head within 10-20 feet some years ago (actually the reason I wear a mask with ear shielding now) I can vouch that it definitely does happen. My only concern was that from where I was sitting and my understanding of the events from my confused and facially demolished buddies, it seemed like it might have been a little malicious, or at least reckless. The video cleared up a lot and my buddies seem okay now, and have accepted that probably they would have done similarly if they had been in Cesar's position.

I do have one question though. What exactly is the "white tape" upper limit at FW? I wasn't on the receiving end of any punishment I'd consider excessive, but I did hear some complaints from dead green troops heading to our spawn at the upper village from the lower village, which was occupied by a white-tape SAW gunner, and it got me to wondering what the actual limit between red and white tape was. All I know is that I was running about 1.26 joules and was red taped, so I figured I must have been on the lower limit of red tape.

Tags
pyro's a gazelle

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: