Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 05-01-2017, 11:12 AM

Sil0712 is a Private
AAR: Operation Dominance: Lightning

This is an AAR of Fallen Warriors Op Dominance Series Game, Lightning. This is an opinion based AAR and thus only reflects my opinion on the game, others who played may have Varying opinions then my own. I am going to switch things up this time around (and potentially the way I do all my AARS this way from here on out.) i will start with the Three negatives First, then the three positives. So this ends the AAR on Uplifting terms, instead of the negative.

Three Downs: Weather, Adherence to Rules/Boundaries, Hit Calling.

Weather- This was the major one out of the three. Due to the weather the game ended up being pushed back an hour and a half. This caused a small number of players to leave, (understandably), the upside of that was that 85% of the players weathered the storm and got out there and started slinging bbs. The humidity did play a factor near the end of the day, but every one soldiered through it until the end.

Adherence to Rules/Boundaries- There were a few occasions where players were not following the guidelines outlined in the player pack, as well as the boundaries of the game field, these were corrected on the field as they happened, with no resistance to it.

Hit Calling- Another minor issue was the reports of hit calling. we had two incidents where people were not calling hits, one of which a player was shot, then ran to his friend, before calling himself out to ensure that he would be mediced by his friend. There was also a report of people being shot in the back, and continuing to run away. Both were reported to admin staff in a appropriate manner, and both were handled

Three Ups: Entire Field in play, Sportsmanship, Multiple Teams, Bonus: Pre Reg Goodies.

Entire Field in Play- I am always a fan of when the entire field is used, various objectives were placed throughout the field. The Spawn Locations were put in very unique positions and really called for people having to go hunt for enemy bases to capture their base can (ammo cans were used in the place of flags for ease of carry.). This opened up various avenues of approach to reach objectives and complete missions.

Sportsmanship – aside from the two issues with hit calling, this game had really good sportsmanship. Everyone played their butts off and were nothing but respectful to each other it’s always good to see people get along.

Multiple Teams – This Game had three teams involved and brought about a different dynamic. I am a huge fan of multiple faction games, this makes the dynamic of who and where your enemy is a little challenging, and makes pre-planning and the planning phases necessary to be successful.

Pre Re Goodies: for those who pre-regged for the game received a raffle ticket, and a laminated map for the game, the map was crucial as missions were given out by grid coordinates, as opposed to “hey this objective is in the portion of the map.” The tickets that were given to the pre regs were for free entry to the rest of the op dominance series ($150-$175 depending on if you pre regged or didn’t for each game.) or for trader days weekend.

Usually people ask me what my favorite op is at in FW. I usually respond with the oobi game where you get lost in Alaska (sorry can’t remember the name of it.) or last year’s operation dominance series game, sitting bull. This has by far been my favorite game hosted at the field. This game did an excellent job at utilizing the entire field, the multiple concurrent objectives (something I forgot to mention, in my ups and downs.) made things challenging from a command stand point (I was XO and Josh Arnold was CO of the Multicam Team), in executing the accomplishment of these objectives. This was well executed from the planning phase, to the implementation of everything that was pre-planned from Evan and everyone. If you went to OP Lightning please drop your ups and downs in the comments to open up some dialogue, and feedback. Thanks guys. As always this will be Cross posted to AO and Ohio Airsoft Forums.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:41 AM
Stephen Hawking

Swimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant Major
Great event, reminded me a lot of the good 'ol days. Best moment was during the second scenario when Sketchy and pubeBeard rushed up with their p* saws for support for our team. Saved the day no doubt.

Only hit calling problem I saw was with that guy wearing Ray-Bans and a tank top. I don't even know how he got through wearing low-seal sunglasses, must have been a friend of the field owners.

Props to everyone who hung out through the weather.

Looking forward to more events!
Old 05-04-2017, 02:25 PM

Bushmaster16 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Great event, reminded me a lot of the good 'ol days. Best moment was during the second scenario when Sketchy and pubeBeard rushed up with their p* saws for support for our team. Saved the day no doubt.

Only hit calling problem I saw was with that guy wearing Ray-Bans and a tank top. I don't even know how he got through wearing low-seal sunglasses, must have been a friend of the field owners.

No OSOT/FW Staff was wearing Ray Bans on the field. Did you happen to get a look at this fella? What team was he on? I know it wasn't one of my militia guys.
The only way I see that slipping through unnoticed is him going through during the creek dilemma.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:33 PM

Sil0712 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post

No one was wearing ray bans on the field. The event staff and members of OSOT went through the ranks and made it a point to see who was in compliance with the rules.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:42 AM

Glitch is a Private First Class
lol the troll....

Nice avatar Swimmer

It's like I have money one day, and the next day it's hey look at this new airsoft thingy take my money.

Be the change you want to see in this community.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: