Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 11-05-2003, 06:39 PM
turbo3926

mk1, or socomm nbb?

which should i consider getting as a pistol? the mk1 or socom nbb, and why, ive been looking at the mk1 a little, but havent looked at the socom much. i do know that the socom has a fake laser and a flahlight on it, and you cant put one on the mk1, other than the rifle type, but i want the pistol
Old 11-06-2003, 11:25 PM
SnakeEyes0001

Get the mk23 socom, it should be much better. You can get it from dentrinity for $58 + ~$30 shipping, that's without the silencer and crappy LAM.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:18 AM

Ninj4 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Ninj4
Definately the MK23. The silencer is actually functional though. Makes it real quiet. Very nice, and the LAM just makes it look cool.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:04 AM
PunisherMIA

The Socom nbb is a nice pistol my brotheras has some nice range.. i believe it was a little further than my m16 that i owned at the time..

Ross
PunisheR
Old 11-07-2003, 03:46 AM

snowman is a Private
Send a message via AIM to snowman Send a message via Yahoo to snowman
Make sure you're happy with the size of the SOCOM - It's too big for some.

Also, you may well find the Ruger's more solid (a copy of the Marushin NBB) than the SOCOM (which is basically a springer with an NBB mechanism).

Also, think about whether you want the LAM and the silencer (the former is supposed to be a bit lame and the latter, although effective, is a bit shiney and toy-like), which you ARE paying for with the SOCOM. There's a silencer adaptor for the Ruger and it's supposed to be very good with a silencer (maybe quieter than the Mk23), although you'll have to choose your own silencer (use a 14mm one, lots to choose from, whereas the SOCOM needs a special 16mm one).

I used to have a Mk23 NBB (and a springer and a KSC GBB ) and it was a pretty good NBB. On the other hand, for finish, I'd say the Marushin's are better and the KJW is a copy of the Marushin KJW.

Either will be good, to be honest, just pick the one you like best.

Cheers.
Old 11-08-2003, 02:16 PM

Cobra Commander is a Private
I've got the Ruger, and I say, I must highly recommend it. I adapted my CA SOCOM suppressor to fit on it, and it quiets it down very significantly. On top of that I took of f the rear sight so now it is very concealable, with the exception of the lenght. Not to mention it is very powerful and accurate. And don't forget it was made for green gas, and is still very powerful with 134a. The trigger it absolutely terrible, so you can't fire very fast. But aside from that it is a very wonderful piece. Some of the best $89 I spent (including shipping, from WGC). I don't know about the MK23, but I sure love my MK1. If you get one, make sure to get extra mags though, if you can find them.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:14 PM
turbo3926

hard choice, from what ive heard, one question about the socom, if i buy one w/ out a lam unit, can i put my own one on it, theres some in galls magazine for $30-$60 that have real laser sights and flashlights on them that ive seen, is it possible to put one of theese on it??
Old 11-10-2003, 03:34 PM
kurt

hey cobra commander??? is that the carbine version your talking about? cause i want to get 1 of those for some skirmishing with my friends that have crappy guns. lol

and punisher where does thw S.E.A.L.S. play? cause i live sort of where u live.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:18 PM

no it's the regular pistol. But it's good enough against about anything. My friend and I were playing today, and when I shot him, it left a welt on his *** and he was hopping around for a few minutes. That was using .2g bbs and green gas. I can only imagine that the carbine/sniper version would be extremely painful to your friends. I recommend at least .25 gram bbs. If I'm not mistaken the pistol with green gas and .2g bbs clocks in about 400 fps or just short. I'd say if you're going to use the carbine against people you don't want to hate you, you're probably best off with 134a and .2g bbs, that provides plenty of power in the pistol, I should imagine a bit better in the carbine. May I ask what they are using against you?
Old 11-11-2003, 04:00 PM
kurt

well.... the way that we play is we divide up the teams according to how good ur gun is... so like there is and HFC mp5 and and a couple of springers aginst a shot gun and an l85-a1. and yes i dont really like these ppl so ill use .2 lol but do u think it will go through some1's mask?.........well thx 4 the help..... just so u know the carbine is $89 at www.redwolfairsoft.com. so i bet it will be 4vs1 lol.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:00 PM
kurt

so do u think it will be fair?
Old 11-13-2003, 08:41 PM

Oh yeah, sorry about that, I forgot to reply, I was trying to find a picture of the carbine. Anyway, fair: hell no, but that doesn't matter. I'm absolutely sure it won't break through someones mask, otherwise AO wouldn't allow it on the field. Just saw the picture, man that is crazy looking. Redwolf is retarded though, it says no hopup, it does have hopup, and it is very good at that. It's adjusted at the top of the barrel (at least on the pistol). Man you are going to have a blast with that thing, you should modify a suppressor for it, then you could wreak some serious damage. What kind of area do you guys play in? With that low a mag capacity (17 rnds) range is definitely your friend.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:05 PM
kurt

Talking

we we usually play in a woodland area, i'm going to make my oun ghille suit so i will be insisible this is a good place to get an idea how to make 1 if anyone want to.http://www.ghilliesuits.com/build%20_own.htm. i just need a chemical coat. ill have to wait untill at least spring to play of the gas will go bad.where would i find a suppressor cause that would be fun so i would be silent too. do you know of another mk1 carbine cheaper
Old 11-14-2003, 07:24 PM

Kendodude is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Kendodude
You're calling 17 rounds not alot?! in real life, it is. an actual MK 23 holds only 7 rdns from what i remember. and i think the ruger can hold 9 or ?? (my friend just got the .22 from his dad).
oh well forget this
Old 11-15-2003, 12:02 PM

Well I used my CA SOCOM suppressor, but I had to take off the front sight to put it on. As far as cheper prices, I don't know, maybe look under the links section, there should be some retailers there.

Kendodude, the MK23 holds 12 rounds, like the USP45. Most full size 9mm pistols hold 15 or so, the Glock 17 holds 17. 17 rounds is not much, so he'll need spare magazines if he can find them. The Ruger Mk1 holds 9 rounds, the MK2 holds 10. But keep in mind those are single stack target pistols, not combat pistols.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:40 AM
Mk23_SOCOM

Kendodude- A real mk23 actually holds 12 rounds (government) or 10 rounds(civilian). This still outnumbers and out powers the real Mk1, because it only holds 10 .22 longrifle rounds as apposed to the socom's .45acp rounds.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:53 AM
kurt

how do u make the picture on the side of your name?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: