Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 12-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
*Ahem*

The owner of the first "Screw it, I wasn't prepared enough, I'm sleeping in the jeep!" Jeep. Not only was it warm, but it also exfil'ed Men and equipment the following morning. So, warm AND practical. Best of both worlds. The arguing is invalid.
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:03 PM

Ruffy is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar View Post
*Ahem*

The owner of the first "Screw it, I wasn't prepared enough, I'm sleeping in the jeep!" Jeep. Not only was it warm, but it also exfil'ed Men and equipment the following morning. So, warm AND practical. Best of both worlds. The arguing is invalid.
Your jeeps do what on the the weekends?

Your argument is invalid. quit derailing thread.

"It is a proven fact that you cannot idiot proof anything due to Mother Nature's ability to constantly upgrade the common idiot
Old 12-15-2013, 04:12 PM

Sparky is a Private
I want a warm jeep and bearded men....

To add something relevant to this thread, if I'm able to attend I'll have 5-6 with me.
"When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home....Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart."
-Tecumseh

Team Phoenix Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixAirsoftOhio/videos
Team Phoenix:
https://www.facebook.com/teamphoenixairsoft
Old 12-16-2013, 12:15 PM

viper is a Private
I have seen this already this year. Cold games players come unprepared for the weather and freeze. Soaking wet feet and pants. My feet were wet from sweat after less than an hour of moving around on a field. Bring way more cold weather gear than you need. And my batteries for my lights were dying after less than an hour. My PEQ and my HL1-A were both extremely dim. Extra batteries that can be kept warm in your bag.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:06 PM

bnagley is a Private
Send a message via AIM to bnagley
.... Wait there are people not planning on staying on the field all night? You can hand in your man points on the way out. Meanwhile we'll be setting up snare's and tracking wildlife with our beards.

Lake Erie Airsoft Division Squad Leader
Does this make me awesome
Old 12-16-2013, 02:52 PM

viper is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnagley View Post
.... Wait there are people not planning on staying on the field all night? You can hand in your man points on the way out. Meanwhile we'll be setting up snare's and tracking wildlife with our beards.
Due to Rygars age, his blood circulation isn't top notch anymore, still good but not as good as some of these young bloods, so he will already be colder than everyone else so somehow he has to keep his blood warm enough to flow through his body and keep him warm.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:24 PM

P y r o is a Private
Alright. I'm glad to announce that registration is now open, for the Rebel / Russian Factions only.

Due to the high number of US players we already have confirmed, we're only looking to accept new Rebel or Russian players at this time. As soon as numbers are evened out, both factions will be open for registration.

Rebel / Russian Players:
If you're wanting to be a Rebel or a Russian, prepay is now open to the public. Instructions for this are below.

US Players:
At this point, you may only register for the US faction if you have personally PM'd me about playing on this faction and I have confirmed your attendance. We aren't happy about closed registration for US, but that's how it goes when you have a full US team and a scant OPFOR.

All confirmed players and CoC members for US will be recieving a PM about registration shortly.

Prepay is accepted via PayPal only, and this cost is a mere $10. Payment can be sent to the following email:

outoftheboxindustries@gmail.com

Since MWM is using OOBI's field and has been working in association with their members, we are using their PayPal to keep things simple financially.

In the payment message, please include the following information:

"Cold Hard Truth, [First and Last Name], [Callsign], [Faction], [Age], [Team affiliation (if any)]."

Soon after you register, a Player Pack will be sent to your email with all pertinent information, rules, and guidelines. Please take the time to read the entire pack, as we put it together to help you understand and prepare for the event. Also included in the pack will be the waiver and field map.

In the event of a cancellation on your part, fees may be refunded up to one week before the event takes place. If for any reason there is a cancellation on our part, all fees will be refunded immediately.

Pay at the gate will be $15, on the off chance that registration doesn't fill up beforehand. Our game is capped at 112 players, to keep things organized, so there is a good chance that paying at the gate won't be an option.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
LOLKWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.

Last edited by P y r o; 12-18-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:29 AM

Bronco is a Private
Registered and paid!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:08 PM

P y r o is a Private
For those curious about the terrain:

We took this one someone's phone at a thing last summer. Picture was taken from the top of the hill. Most of the playing field is kind of beneath that drop you see in the middle of the picture. The first hill you see in the background, behind that tree, is basically the edge of the field. It goes for like a mile to the left of this area, and some to the right as well.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:16 PM

Bronco is a Private
All this talk about "putting HATO in ground" yet hardly any Russians have registered at this point. Hmmm
Old 12-19-2013, 09:04 PM

Sparky is a Private
I'm officially attending this event
"When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home....Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart."
-Tecumseh

Team Phoenix Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixAirsoftOhio/videos
Team Phoenix:
https://www.facebook.com/teamphoenixairsoft
Old 12-20-2013, 11:48 PM

Panda is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
All this talk about "putting HATO in ground" yet hardly any Russians have registered at this point. Hmmm
Russians talk heavy game, but bring nothing to the table, WEAK SAUCE.
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 12-21-2013, 06:59 AM

Sunmix is a Private
Hello from Russia
I've read your discussion, and think:
1. What you think about russians same nonsense that we think about Americans, or
2. Its a jokes

really, 90% of Russians have a camouflage suit (woodland more popular, also Gorka which we use like clothes for work. Army divisions use digital flora, SURPAT, Dubok (bereza). But russian man in war conflict in adidas suite... Probabiliti of it is equal to zero.

About night phase of game (camping). As EO of really hard winter region (we have a 7-8 month of snow period in year), i want to recommend to provide camping with firewoods and places for fire.

I saw the post with opinion about some players who can to go to game without readying to cold weather. Other recommendation - to provide a hot water. Maybe a tea (no coffee), and some reserve of sugar and chocolate. It is will be better then to bring a frozen player to hospital.

2 Russians.
If you will need any consult about Russian gears, and about Russia - welcome
------------
I against drugs. I remind that it is forbid to use them and furthermore to extend
-------------
Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited by Sunmix; 12-21-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:33 PM

P y r o is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunmix View Post
Hello from Russia
I've read your discussion, and think:
1. What you think about russians same nonsense that we think about Americans, or
2. Its a jokes

really, 90% of Russians have a camouflage suit (woodland more popular, also Gorka which we use like clothes for work. Army divisions use digital flora, SURPAT, Dubok (bereza). But russian man in war conflict in adidas suite... Probabiliti of it is equal to zero.

About night phase of game (camping). As EO of really hard winter region (we have a 7-8 month of snow period in year), i want to recommend to provide camping with firewoods and places for fire.

I saw the post with opinion about some players who can to go to game without readying to cold weather. Other recommendation - to provide a hot water. Maybe a tea (no coffee), and some reserve of sugar and chocolate. It is will be better then to bring a frozen player to hospital.

2 Russians.
If you will need any consult about Russian gears, and about Russia - welcome
Most of the Russian-speak is made in jest. We aren't serious. The track suit is a joke as well.

We are planning on having a bonfire (big fire) going on from around 12 to 6 to keep people warm and facilitate cooking. We can provide water, but players are going to have to bring stoves or build fires to warm it themselves. We don't have a practical way to supply everyone with warm water on the field.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
Old 12-22-2013, 07:00 PM

viper is a Private
Get registered everyone! Don't wait till the last minute.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:14 PM

Sunmix is a Private
2 Pyro
We solve a problem with the hot water by next way: 5-6 portable gas stoves and 2 men who be on duty one-by-one (2 hours to rest -2 hours to work) in special place, which showed to everyone on the start instructions. We specially pay them, this is really acquite a proccess. Anyway, the decision has to be yours, simply from the statistics I know that there is a quantity of idiots who come on winter night game without preparation. And then they turn into a headache of organizers.
------------
I against drugs. I remind that it is forbid to use them and furthermore to extend
-------------
Old 12-22-2013, 10:04 PM

Viking is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunmix View Post
But russian man in war conflict in adidas suite... Probabiliti of it is equal to zero.
From someone who has done, Russian themed milsim airsoft, I agree. An Adidas suit with a chest rig, running around with the older style AK74 with wood furniture, or an AK74M picked up from the battlefield, seem's to be more in with a Chechen rebel theme.

No one in the Russian military, run around the battlefield dressed in track suits, no even the Spetsnaz, and they are the most elite of the the worlds special forces.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:24 PM

Sunmix is a Private
Chechen rebels never will bring adidas.

Here is a photo of typical Chechen rebels group

In adidas you can see only street bandits who you named Gopniks

------------
-------------

Last edited by Sunmix; 12-22-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:06 PM

marine10108 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Russians talk heavy game, but bring nothing to the table, WEAK SAUCE.
Hey you can count on Gruppa Sokol of being there, five Russians coming down for sure, unless something really serious happens we will all be there, even though it will be a five plus hour drive
Old 12-22-2013, 11:16 PM

szak416 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine10108 View Post
Hey you can count on Gruppa Sokol of being there, five Russians coming down for sure, unless something really serious happens we will all be there, even though it will be a five plus hour drive
Im driving from Cleveland so im in the 5 hour drive boat too. But remember roadtrips can be epic with some Serebro!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWQKYiIZUVQ DAVAI DAVAI DAVAI!

"Mess with the bull and you get the horn, and by horn I mean my benchmade."
Old 12-23-2013, 05:11 PM

The Jaybird is a Private
As Comrade Yastreb (marine10108) previously stated, SOKOL will attend in entirety (5 in number). We'll prepay/register once I get my paycheck on my card... (excuse my currently broke ***).

The reason I'm so broke? We just got all the gear we'll need for this OP:
Sever and double-knit telnyashki for the whole team
Fleece-Lined Gorkas
Two 20 degree cold-weather sleeping bags each
5-man tent
Various outdoor/survival gear

We also tested out all our gear the before and on the day of Operation: Frozen Falcon. It was below zero in the morning, and it poured freezing rain at night. We got soaking wet during the day, but we had enough warm/good gear to keep going the next day. Our replicas had icicles forming on them, but we all stayed warm and fought valiantly the entirety of the weekend.

We're rearing and ready to go.

When we talk, we mean it. Hype is for the wannabes. #comeatmebros
I'm trying my damnedest to get the other Russkies and some rebels out there. No-one's given me a definite answer, but there's definitely hype... from some would-be Rebels.

Such is life.

Cheers,
~Jay
Old 12-24-2013, 12:31 AM

P y r o is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jaybird View Post
As Comrade Yastreb (marine10108) previously stated, SOKOL will attend in entirety (5 in number). We'll prepay/register once I get my paycheck on my card... (excuse my currently broke ***).

The reason I'm so broke? We just got all the gear we'll need for this OP:
Sever and double-knit telnyashki for the whole team
Fleece-Lined Gorkas
Two 20 degree cold-weather sleeping bags each
5-man tent
Various outdoor/survival gear

We also tested out all our gear the before and on the day of Operation: Frozen Falcon. It was below zero in the morning, and it poured freezing rain at night. We got soaking wet during the day, but we had enough warm/good gear to keep going the next day. Our replicas had icicles forming on them, but we all stayed warm and fought valiantly the entirety of the weekend.

We're rearing and ready to go.

When we talk, we mean it. Hype is for the wannabes. #comeatmebros
I'm trying my damnedest to get the other Russkies and some rebels out there. No-one's given me a definite answer, but there's definitely hype... from some would-be Rebels.

Such is life.

Cheers,
~Jay
All is good. Tenlyashka is best investment for Russians and is necessary for kit. Glad to hear your cold weather kits are working, and we won't have to worry about some people freezing to death. With any luck it will be a tad warmer and we'll have weather like yesterday (60, partly cloudy, light breeze) for the event. Hue.

Also good to hear that you're pestering your fellow non-HATO to join the cause.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:
Old 12-30-2013, 07:15 PM

viper is a Private
Everyone talks large game and we have very very few Pre Registered. If the US is NOT full by sometime in mid-late January it will be opened up to all on a first come first serve basis. If Pyro has contacted you about pre paying you better do so fast or your spot will be opened it.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:24 PM

viper is a Private
So it looks like this Monday and Tuesday are going to be in the single digits(At least here in Dayton Area) If you want some cold days to test your cold weather gear these two days will be COLD. Great chance to test some equipment out.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:53 PM

P y r o is a Private
Unfortunately, it seems our proposed equipment requirements for the rebels were too restrictive to allow many people to play on that side. We had very few people who were willing to meet the requirements, and as such we're going to ease up on them for this event. Hopefully we'll be able to have stricter limits in the future, but for now, we have to make things work as they are.

As of now, there are no weapon type restrictions for the REBEL faction only.

This means you are free to use any weapons system you choose, with one general rule: Please ensure that your weapon of choice is actually a real weapon, not a laser pulse rifle or a Polarstar converted Nerf gun. The official rules will be updated soon to reflect this change.

The gear requirements for the rebel faction and all requirements for the Russian and US teams will remain unchanged.

Thank you.

Quote:
LOLKWA
Quote:

Tags
#kmartartemis, #russianbutthurt, actual milsim, allahu potat, bb war heroes, capitalism and democracy, cold, davai, fake jeeps, hato in ground, hato must die, i/g, many realism, midwest, milsim, much walking, nato stronk, panda is a sex monster, printer needs a tag, pyro loves panda, remove kebab, such milsim

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: