Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 08-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
Mouse get with the guys from Atlas. Rotary Prophet and his crew come from Cincinatti
Old 08-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Airsoft Prophet

RotaryProphet is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
Mouse get with the guys from Atlas. Rotary Prophet and his crew come from Cincinatti
Aye, we do, and since this one will likely involve the bus, there is room for a few more.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:28 PM

Pitbullet is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga View Post
PM me specifics about your location, and we'll see if we can work something out.
Pm'd! Thanks for the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spencer View Post
TLDR: We have no home, but we have booze and guns. And those are the essentials.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:04 AM

Mothman is a Private
Range. Target elevation. Wind speed. Ambient temperature. Ammunition temperature. To most, meaningless terms from a long forgotten art. To me, it's a prayer used to banish the wicked and the perverse from this world. Slavers are a
Cancer to this earth, and the NAC is a hammer. A very effective hammer. However, one removes a cancer bit with a hammer, but a scalpel. I am that scalpel. There are those in the slaver leadership that believe they can leave their past can be left behind by calling themselves by another name. They cannot run fom their crimes. Their sins will not be forgotten, and they will be payed for in blood.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Carbon is Currently being Court Martialled
Jonah, with the roster being as it is, can we have word this is still going down?
Old 08-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
Its.still going down
Old 08-30-2013, 10:15 AM

Wrath the Furious is a Private
Also, long story short for everyone and the Gunslingers, I am killing of my previous character and the Gunslingers will start off as new, completely independent individuals. The history will remain for the origins of them from the storyline, but they will have no connection to anyone in particular to start. The reason why is I had initially expected much larger numbers for the 5 major factions. The change in venue altered the situation so now there are two major factions, the NAC and the Slavers, with most others being small groups and individuals. For people to work with us and hire us therefore, the two most likely contractors will be the NAC and Slavers, so we can't have any ties to one or another getting in the way. We can be hired/recruited by anyone to assist you for the right price, and we will also be putting some bonuses in the field that you can redeem for a free contract with us, to be negotiated on an individual basis by the employer and myself.

The price for an individual to hire us versus a faction to hire us will be relative to the assets available to an individual vs a faction. The value of any particular object, treaty, or favor will be determined by me. Basically, an individual could pay reasonably little for a basic security job for one hour. A faction would owe substantially more for the assassination of an enemy VIP, etc. More than just another group of characters, we are also a perk or hindrance of the game, and choosing to use us, ignore us, or break our contracts in an unacceptable manner has effects on the outcome of the game; good or bad.

We will operate on contractual agreements where the terms and conditions are agreed upon before an assignment is undertaken. It is possible for us to take on multiple contracts at the same time, provided they don't interfere with each other in time frame. Here is an example.

Contract 1, Individual: private security for an individual as he attempts to maneuver through Slaver territory.
Contract 2, Stovers: Recover stolen material and return them to the Stovers for payment.
Contract 3, NAC. Capture a slaver and return him/her to the NAC for interrogation.
Contract 4, Slavers: Assassinate O'Riley leader.

Again, these are all purely hypothetical examples.

Notice that Contract 1 is something happening immediately. As we are providing security for the individual, that would be our priority task until he/she has passed through slaver territory and our payment is received. The other contracts may not have a specified time frame and can be done anytime before the end of the event, or by night fall, dawn, early evening etc. Those would be terms agreed upon before the contract is undertaken.

I will be posting further details on Gunslinger contracts shortly. Reading them will help you understand how to acquire our services, how to cancel contracts, and repercussions for failure to uphold your end of the contract, or double-crossing us.

Last edited by Wrath the Furious; 08-30-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:46 PM

Assassin_Mouse_Girl is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryProphet View Post
Aye, we do, and since this one will likely involve the bus, there is room for a few more.
Hey pm me about this, or call me. Ill let you know my number.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:50 PM

Also for the queen, to let everyone know, for the first few hours of the game, she will be disguised as a normal traveler since she is trying to keep her arrival quiet since she doesn't want to be back on the Death cart of the NAC lol.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath the Furious View Post
Also, long story short for everyone and the Gunslingers, I am killing of my previous character and the Gunslingers will start off as new, completely independent individuals. The history will remain for the origins of them from the storyline, but they will have no connection to anyone in particular to start. The reason why is I had initially expected much larger numbers for the 5 major factions. The change in venue altered the situation so now there are two major factions, the NAC and the Slavers, with most others being small groups and individuals. For people to work with us and hire us therefore, the two most likely contractors will be the NAC and Slavers, so we can't have any ties to one or another getting in the way. We can be hired/recruited by anyone to assist you for the right price, and we will also be putting some bonuses in the field that you can redeem for a free contract with us, to be negotiated on an individual basis by the employer and myself.

The price for an individual to hire us versus a faction to hire us will be relative to the assets available to an individual vs a faction. The value of any particular object, treaty, or favor will be determined by me. Basically, an individual could pay reasonably little for a basic security job for one hour. A faction would owe substantially more for the assassination of an enemy VIP, etc. More than just another group of characters, we are also a perk or hindrance of the game, and choosing to use us, ignore us, or break our contracts in an unacceptable manner has effects on the outcome of the game; good or bad.

We will operate on contractual agreements where the terms and conditions are agreed upon before an assignment is undertaken. It is possible for us to take on multiple contracts at the same time, provided they don't interfere with each other in time frame. Here is an example.

Contract 1, Individual: private security for an individual as he attempts to maneuver through Slaver territory.
Contract 2, Stovers: Recover stolen material and return them to the Stovers for payment.
Contract 3, NAC. Capture a slaver and return him/her to the NAC for interrogation.
Contract 4, Slavers: Assassinate O'Riley leader.

Again, these are all purely hypothetical examples.

Notice that Contract 1 is something happening immediately. As we are providing security for the individual, that would be our priority task until he/she has passed through slaver territory and our payment is received. The other contracts may not have a specified time frame and can be done anytime before the end of the event, or by night fall, dawn, early evening etc. Those would be terms agreed upon before the contract is undertaken.

I will be posting further details on Gunslinger contracts shortly. Reading them will help you understand how to acquire our services, how to cancel contracts, and repercussions for failure to uphold your end of the contract, or double-crossing us.
Letting you know, that is exactly what my role for Nightfall and stormfront was.

Last edited by Carbon; 08-31-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:47 AM

Naga is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Naga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
Letting you know, that is exactly what my role is for Nightfall and stormfront was.
Well isn't that a daisy?

Old 09-02-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Letting you know, that is exactly what my role for Nightfall and stormfront was.
Yeah, that is kind of the point, except our group has a past storyline and is inspired by the movie Tombstone (cowboy western), Mandalorians (mercenary group), and the Assassin's Creed games (vigilante/assassin mentality with a code to live by). We are meant to be available to work with everyone, and to make it useful for the game there has to be a balance of risk and reward.

Last edited by Wrath the Furious; 09-02-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
^^^^^^ And...I bet they wouldn't take my barter and burn my chicken!!!!
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:52 PM

armyus516 is a Private
Send a message via Skype™ to armyus516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar View Post
^^^^^^ And...I bet they wouldn't take my barter and burn my chicken!!!!
Nor would they shoot you in the back
(20:27:49) Dax_7: MY GOD CARBON..WE CAN HEAR YOU.
(20:28:02) Dax_7: Grow some ears...errr...eyes
If there is one thing I warn you not to do, it is to ask me to think outside of the box. My overactive imagination will consume all you know.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, that is kind of the point, except our group has a past storyline and is inspired by the movie Tombstone (cowboy western), Mandalorians (mercenary group), and the Assassin's Creed games (vigilante/assassin mentality with a code to live by). We are meant to be available to work with everyone, and to make it useful for the game there has to be a balance of risk and reward.

That makes no sense, creating another subduction with people to do the same thing as other role players. We are already low on numbers, so why not stick to the main factions to make the event run better? My role is identical to yours without the backstory.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
That makes no sense, creating another subduction with people to do the same thing as other role players. We are already low on numbers, so why not stick to the main factions to make the event run better? My role is identical to yours without the backstory.
Carbon, Jonah already approved us for this independent faction when I spoke with him after Daybreak, and we have maintained discussion about this role for literally months. The major difference for us is that we are assassins, (that would be why we are using the Assassin's Creed Logo for our group), and are introducing a new faction built on this class of cowboy. If it is really that big of a deal to other people, then I can keep my original character from the slavers with the Gunslingers, but I assure you Jonah knows what we are trying to do and is fine with it. Honestly there are details about our group and our plans we don't want people to know until we are in-game, so I'm not going to spoil all the fun by giving it away now. There are also details we haven't decided on and won't know until we see who prefers to be our friends and who becomes our enemies in game. However, we are still gun-toting cowboy assassins for hire, so we need to work that into the game-play. Have fun, do your thing, and we will do ours. I promise you will still be able to do your jobs, and we are adding a new themed group to the series.

Also, as I reminder, Mouse used to lead the Slavers during Nightfall, but couldn't make it to Daybreak, so I took over. She is coming back this time, so she will be leading the faction, and I am separating to add a new faction to the game. That is why we did this in the first place, and at most there are only 4 of us. Most likely 3.

Last edited by Wrath the Furious; 09-02-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:28 PM

Mothman is a Private
It makes no difference. The field will murder you all.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Okay guys, we are less than 2 weeks out for this!!! We need folks who are coming to get RSVP'd, and with HASTE!!! I'm starting to see a trend that is making me ill...Nightfall was PACKED with folks...Daybreak...less than half of nightfall....Stormfront is right now about half of Daybreak! WTF people?!! I know there are folks who enjoy the 'dark side', (RP with airsoft) as much as I do! Where are all of you?

PLEASE..if you are attending...and with all that land, it's going to be even more epic, Get RSVP'd on the event listing!!!
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:48 PM

speaking of which what is the current head count?
Old 09-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Carbon, Jonah already approved us for this independent faction when I spoke with him after Daybreak, and we have maintained discussion about this role for literally months. The major difference for us is that we are assassins, (that would be why we are using the Assassin's Creed Logo for our group), and are introducing a new faction built on this class of cowboy. If it is really that big of a deal to other people, then I can keep my original character from the slavers with the Gunslingers, but I assure you Jonah knows what we are trying to do and is fine with it. Honestly there are details about our group and our plans we don't want people to know until we are in-game, so I'm not going to spoil all the fun by giving it away now. There are also details we haven't decided on and won't know until we see who prefers to be our friends and who becomes our enemies in game. However, we are still gun-toting cowboy assassins for hire, so we need to work that into the game-play. Have fun, do your thing, and we will do ours. I promise you will still be able to do your jobs, and we are adding a new themed group to the series.

Also, as I reminder, Mouse used to lead the Slavers during Nightfall, but couldn't make it to Daybreak, so I took over. She is coming back this time, so she will be leading the faction, and I am separating to add a new faction to the game. That is why we did this in the first place, and at most there are only 4 of us. Most likely 3.
Do your thing wrath, can't go anyway. Hopefully be at the next one Jonah, wrestling getting me down.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:59 PM

Papa G. is a Private
We had RSVP'd back in January, but now I see we are not listed. I'll sign up again.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:35 PM

Mothman is a Private
Old 09-10-2013, 09:33 AM

RoJo is a Private
Greetings!
Have Player Packs gone out yet? I thought they were being sent last Friday, but I've yet to see anything... They weren't snail-mailed were they?

I've got a PM into Jonah, but I haven't heard anything yet...

Any intel on this would be appreciated.

RoJo - Kleveland FIVE
Old 09-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Tick tock!!! Just a couple days out! Already have my load out ready and my gear prepped!! Can't wait to get there and submerse myself in awesomeness!!!

Relaxing campfire at night, I need this weekend like you would not believe!!

Unfortunately, this "three-qual" will be the last in the series, unless Jonah figures years later how to use massive amounts of CGI for the game and creates a jar-jar character for us to RP with...... . See you folks there!!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 07:44 AM

RoJo is a Private
Kleveland-Five is on the move... Watch your backs Slaver scum!!! (or was that Stover scum??? I forget...)

RoJo - Kleveland Five Elder and semi-quisi-BS-er

Tags
amazing experience, daybreak, event of epic proportions, nightfall, panda is a sex monster, role play, slavers are punks, stormfront

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: