Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 07-09-2011, 02:36 PM

The859Freshest is a Private
Question G&G and Ohio Retailers

I was just browsing through some of the local retailers sites and it occurred to me that most of them don't sell G&G products. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me why they don't carry them? Is there a bias against them in Ohio? If so, please someone explain why. I've really only heard good things about them, too.

Note* I'm aware that 321 Airsoft carries them, but they seem to be the only one.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Pro Communitus

Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
This is going to be an opinion thread, but I do know for a fact that both Airsoft Arms & AirsoftSMITH are not fond of the G&G series at all. In AirsoftSMITH's opinion, they're POS's. In Arms's, well, probably more or less the same. I've had conversations with them that lead to the same point of view: We didn't carry G&G because they did not have a consistent enough quality control and the over-all performance of them was lack luster for the price. Chime in if I'm wrong, Eric.

Source for info: I worked at SMITH for two years & damn near live with the manager of Airsoft Arms on a weekly basis.

The first post that starts going "G&G is better or worse than x" is getting an infraction. The only reply I want to see is an employee of 321 (or another retailer who carries G&Gs) explaining their take on G&G, since I've voiced opinions on the other side of the coin. It's only fair to give two perspectives

Last edited by Red; 07-09-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:18 PM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
The Combat Machine series has stepped up their game quite a bit with respect to quality and performance. The gearboxes are now made from a much nicer quality metal and have reinforcements such as rounded corners at the cylinder to more evenly distribute shock. The internals are much cleaner and "sharper" than what most originally believed, and function smooth and quietly. I know very few return to 321 for factory defect repairs. The majority that I have chronoed while assisting at the store are in the 380-410 range FPS wise. S.P.E.A.R. uses two of them currently as backup rifles in addition to several privately owned by members, and you can easily see them fielded in game footage such as: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs5iV_oK51A

If they are breaking, and people are taking them elsewhere other than where they bought it from for repairs, well than that's not the retailers fault.

Additionally, I got the chance to mess around with the newer Mp5 model that is under $200 and it goes beyond what is expected performance wise. Not only is it built rock solid, but the range and accuracy for a stock gun happens to be the one of the best I've probably ever seen.

I can't speak for all of their products (as I'm sure anyone who's been around for a while would remember the horrors of G&G's M14 and L85), but the CM models are built for play.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:23 PM

Scorch is a Private
Well I wolnt go too far into it simply because I'm a lowly consumer. Yes there is a bias against them. No I dont believe it. Why? My Dad's G&G Combat machiene and my G&G GR-15 EBB both have good performance, good hop-ups and good FPS around the 320-350 range and neither has needed repair for at least 6 months to a year (I dont remember how long We've had them). The ONLY problem is my GR-15 hasn't liked any Mid-Caps I've bought for it (Mag and King Arms brands), but the same mags work in my dads combat machine. I understand that
Quote:
The only reply I want to see is an employee of 321 (or another retailer who carries G&Gs)
but i feel the extensive experience I have had with them in the last year or so has something to say.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:01 PM

Thanks very much for the info guys. I hope that the local retailers will give G&G another chance if they see the information posted in this thread.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:41 PM

Reaper is a Private
Yeah, I honestly haven't really had a problem with my G&G combat machine. It's reliable and affordable.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:10 AM

mac50 is a Private
Pyramyd Air carries G&G. They are an online retailer located in the Cleveland area
Old 07-10-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac50 View Post
Pyramyd Air carries G&G. They are an online retailer located in the Cleveland area
Sweet. I'll look into getting one off of them or 321.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: