Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 09-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
AAR : Fallen Warriors Open play 9-4

Now that I am home, fed, and still drying off all my gear, thought I would take a few moments and start one of these in case anyone wanted to comment on the game today.

For me, I'm going to have to extend a HUGE thank you to everyone who came to play today. Again, we had a great turnout for some BB slinging! When doing my social butterfly gig, I saw that darn near half of the players today were new to the field, and several that were new to airsoft in general! sportsmanship today was honestly, one of the best days ever I have seen! The credit for that goes to each and every one of you on the field today!

I do want to apologize as well for the shortness of the day and changing things up at the last game. Mother nature was not in a good mood this afternoon and she turned some of that crappy mood towards us. Mike was constantly checking the weather radar during that last game, and it did finally hit us with some really heavy rain after most everyone had gone. There were a few of us combing the village for a lost tornado grenade (which we found!) and looking for anything else that might have been dropped. I still need to go back out later this week and do some policing of water bottles and my water cooler, so I'll cruise around and see if anything else pops up.

Gotta give some hearty High fives and congrats to the Green team today! The first two CQB warmup skirmishes were hard on them. I mean..really hard! But, during the first mission scenario, Treasure hunt, they showed Tan what they were made of! It was a close race for sure, and it sorta bogged down in the middle when folks took breaks to rehydrate and reload mags. Green scored the win in the end, and by mere minutes. But, here is the real kicker....The Green CO was so busy getting his squads together, he completely forgot to open his envelope at the GO, and they found all the tags without knowing where to look!!!! I think that was a perfect combo of skill and luck! After all the opens played here today, Tan was dominant each time. Today, Green has been redeemed!!!

HVT game was a bit more bogged down than I had anticipated. Mother nature forced a change in the game towards the end, but I'm going to revisit that scenario again for next time. Still fine tuning games that work well with the field. Other than that, the awesome imitation of a DRAGON by the Tan team by throwing smoke after smoke after smoke into the village before their assault and eventual control of the village was impressive to say the least!! I am almost positive I counted at least 8 smokes tossed in there! I got it on video, so when I get that off the camera and uploaded, I'll post the link.
Tan also gave us a good fight down at the Green command post in the lower village. They had all lanes locked down tight except the creek. This part is where I got shot with one of my own guns I loaned out. Talk about low..shooting a man with his own gun...You should be ashamed......

I had a great time today, and I look forward to shoot with or shoot at all of you again! As usual, Always looking for feedback for improvement, both positive and negative, feel free to let me know. anything from the field to the scenarios or even if you thought your host was an arrogant SOB and should be banned from ever holding another airsoft gun again as long as he lives....er....no...forget that host guy...he's Not worth the virtual print to type about.

Okay..back to sorting and wringing out my gear. Catch ya'll later!
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:51 PM

rycran1993 is a Private
ahhh come on lol
hvt was awsome wanna play agin relly soon
Old 09-04-2011, 07:51 PM

G.I.JONES is a Private
Can't wait to see the smoke video...lol That sucked green was in every building in the town and we had no other way of getting in there....so we smoked it up! Had a blast today....and tan went 3 out of 4!

http://www.liveleak.com/c/natej740

Also check out my GoPro Airsoft videos....

http://www.youtube.com/user/natej7400
Old 09-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
Even with the weather being extra nastly, still not happy that I couldn't come. Hurray 12 hour weekend shifts!

"taste [as opposed to reason] has a productive faculty, and gilding and staining all natural objects with the colours, borrowed from internal sentiment, raises in a manner a new creation” (Hume [1751] 1983: 88)

http://www.outoftheboxindustries.com
Old 09-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
I had so much fun. It was a blast. I know a lot of AARs say that sportsmanship was good, this was the tops, better then anything I could have possibly imagined or dreamed of. I tip my hat to each of my fellow players, you guys rocked.

The weather did rain on our parade, lol, but you dont want to mess with mother nature, she will kick your *** everytime.

Rygar, how did you like that Thunder B?

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 09-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Banned

ghosteater4 is a Private
all i have to say is enjoyable, even if i have yet another gun to fix and my red dot got cracked. I liked "treasure hunt" the most fun I've had in awhile possibly, because the very small 4 man squad i was on grabbed 3 of the 5 tags and also taking out tan's CO, but i'm paying for it now. Longest hike i've had to do on that field if any field for that matter. Both sides played great and really showed their sportsmanship. Top holy crap shot of the day, clearing the top village looking for anybody and do i mean anybody during the HTV game. I stepped out from behind a building only to find a SAW pointed at me, after hearing the gun start firing at me I'm sure I looked like MC Hammer trying to shuffle behind the building in time. some how he missed me and myself and Ragel exchange fire with the guy until we heard hit, however we thought there was two so we continued to fire while checking corners and found out it was just him. After all the sliding down steep hills, gaining scratches from thorns, slinging some bb's I have to say it was a really good day!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Stang, I think you know where I'm going to let off the next thunder B, so you had better bring some KY!

I've got the video off the camera...and since it was so epic, I'm working on the Dragon Cometh first! Right now, after editing out the beginning of the clip before, and all the stuff after, I'm still at 25mb worth of footage!!!! I hope Youtube can hold that much in one go!!!

Video for smokescreen is up and running. Find it here...(please ignore any camera operator commentary..I forgot that silly thing picks up every freaking sound in a mile radius around it! lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOmmxHVaA_8
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.

Last edited by Rygar; 09-04-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: added video link
Old 09-04-2011, 10:28 PM

G.I.JONES is a Private
Haha that smoke worked great they definitely made us work for it to take the town...was really excited to see more of the field this time too those woods behind the chrono station are nice...we need to run some scenarios out through there. Also when's the next open play gonna be? The sooner we get it posted the better the turn out should be!

Old 09-04-2011, 10:46 PM

rycran1993 is a Private
i mite hve blister on my feet but if u said there was one tommrow id be there
Old 09-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.JONES View Post
.was really excited to see more of the field this time too those woods behind the chrono station are nice...we need to run some scenarios out through there.

Actually, Old Spice suggested a really bad arse scenario at Roosters using just that area! Sounds like a blast and we'll have to give it a try. It's a lot like the Raiders 'meat grinder' games where one team assaults and the other falls back little by little.

I'm working on getting the next open solidified. I'll post it up as soon as it's set in stone. Shouldn't be long!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:06 AM

armyus516 is a Private
Send a message via Skype™ to armyus516
Wow,I can't belive I missed this. But the weather sucked so,no really big problem.
(20:27:49) Dax_7: MY GOD CARBON..WE CAN HEAR YOU.
(20:28:02) Dax_7: Grow some ears...errr...eyes
If there is one thing I warn you not to do, it is to ask me to think outside of the box. My overactive imagination will consume all you know.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:50 AM

Old Spice is a Private
Excellent game! Great turnout with great sportsmenship. Loved the field...especially your own version of "the valley of death" that runs between the village and the upper wooded plateau...the dry creek bed. Looking forward to the next open play...I will definitly be there. Thanks Rygar and all for a great day of airsoft!
Old 09-05-2011, 10:02 AM

hour3suns is a Private
I had a great time with the young'un watching the a.m. games going on. He now has big ideas to join his dad out there some day. Both eldest and the kid had a fantstic time and thought the smokey play was a blast (although, according to the kid it really smelled). Thank you, Rygar, for all the time you put into getting these events together and keeping them together. We appreciate it!

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon
Old 09-05-2011, 02:26 PM

Swampdog is a Private
I had a good time. Another fun day of airsoft was had by all. The CQB was intense and did not last too long. Would like a whole day of this just to get some people more use to it. It was obvious tan had run it alot. Big play area in the other scenarios made for some good long range shootin and sneaking about. Next time I won't play Turkey shoot from the top of the hill and be more active on finding the flags. I have some ideas for one section of the field that I will talk to you about this week Eric. Thanks for another fun day and lets try to get another Open set up as soon as possible and keep new people coming in. Watch for some surprises at OP Intervention
Old 09-05-2011, 03:11 PM

rycran1993 is a Private
tht would be nice about being on the hill lol
Old 09-05-2011, 04:21 PM

rickycurrier is a Private
had a great time playing, cant wait till the next one! Want to Thank 79stang again for helping me out when my gun stopped shooting (motor lead), he helped out with what could have been a day ruin-er
Old 09-07-2011, 04:19 PM

G.I.JONES is a Private
I took 3 short videos while I was dead.....its the 2nd cqb game tan takes the town and gets the little guy hiding in the edge of the woods. Ignore the $%#* talkin when i get shot up while filming with my dead rag on.....lol

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=cdRHQRaeLQQ

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=AQTEHuoejBw

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=RSlQ5WDMUSs

Sorry about the last vid being blurry don't know what happened...

Last edited by G.I.JONES; 09-07-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
links ain't working man.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:46 PM

G.I.JONES is a Private
They're working for me....but I did everything off of my phone....if they still don't work just search fallen Warrior airsoft 9-4 on youtube

Old 09-07-2011, 05:21 PM

hour3suns is a Private
Well my computer must be fussy tonight. I did the search, found the vids, but when I click on them I get an annoying the page can't be displayed message <sigh> I was hoping it was just Rygar unable to view them so I could poke some fun at him a bit - especially since I was sweet and on my best behavior Sunday, but looks like I'm going to have to check back later. I know it shows some folks have viewed them, so I hope to do the same soon. Thanks for thinking of shooting the footage while you were wearing red.

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon
Old 09-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
found them on youtube, but it says I can't open it because it doesn't recognize the RSTP protocol or something like that.
So, no making fun of Rygar this evening Sharon, which reminds me, thank you very much for the jacket! I will get the $ for it to you next game.
which also reminds me...as soon as the freaking weather dries up a bit, I still need to get those action shots with the video, very soon! I'll need some folks in tan, and a couple in green.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:51 PM

G.I.JONES is a Private
If you have an android phone works fine....that sucks....ill redo them when I get home I'm working in Pittsburgh right now...

Old 09-07-2011, 08:24 PM

rycran1993 is a Private
it works for me and and rygar i will help out

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: