Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 05-13-2010, 02:34 AM

Person7 is a Private
Interesting issue Fixed on ICS gun

A while ago I purchased an ICS PCR-97 (http://www.weaponblender.com/index.php?productID=1486) one of their M4 variants. I played around with the internals a bit having experience with my cheaper guns. Basically replaced the upper gear box to have it firing 395 consistently. After two games like this the made some strange noises and stopped working, to my dismay one tooth was broken off of each one of the gears. This was unacceptable.

I replaced the gears and they shrieked, I'm thinking I think I heard something about ICS motors not being compatible with after market gears. I get more upset. Finally I realize that I have some guarder gears laying around and figure I should try them out, do the entire lower gear box, shims bushings, and gears and assemble. Horrible screeching.

I console myself that it might just be motor height needing adjustment, after trying that for a bit the gun locks up. I am ready to quit all together, but decide to give it one more try, and when I remove the motor plate there is an extra motor height adjustment screw. Not sure how or why this happened, but the extra height adjustment screw was in the motor plate keeping the motor pushed tight against the gearbox. Resulting in much strain in the motor and reduced overall efficiency.

Just wanted to put this out here, it is something that I had never heard of before and is an easy fix once you figure out what is wrong. Also wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue with one of their guns.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:01 AM

bane901 is a Private
Evike sells stock gear replacements and complete lower gearboxes for $65.
I love ICS but hate them at the same time, they seem to be innovative only where other brands are not.

http://dcpairsoft.com/ICS_M4_FAQ_1.htm

Last edited by bane901; 05-13-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:38 PM

maglips is a Private
It's supposed to be like that.The second adjustment screw is to lock the first one in place. Kind of like double nutting a bolt. Set the inside one where you want it, and lock it down with the second.

Stay in school and you'll do great! And don't forget your vegetables either! - Scorpion
Old 05-14-2010, 11:00 AM

john is a Private
You know i've never had to replace a gear on an ics. So good looking out person and mag i'm sure it will come up eventually.

Tags
broken, fix, ics, screeching, screw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: