Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 02-10-2010, 09:22 PM

Lunchbox is a Private
A&K M60 VN not firing

Okay, so I just got the A&K M60 VN I ordered yesterday morning. Today, I had it out at a small skirmish at a friend's house, because I wanted to test it in battle. It ran fine for a while, then just stopped firing. Simple as that, it just quit. So, I took it apart and checked the fuse. Sure enough, it was blown. So, I replaced the fuse, and it still would not fire.

I'm fairly certin it's not an electrical problem, because the box mag runs off the battery, and it still winds with the battery connected. When I pull the trigger, all I hear is a click. It has done that from the beginning, though, even when it ran.

I feel that I should also point out that when you remove the gearbox, you can see the gears through a hole in the bottom. I tried moving the gears with my finger, and they won't budge. I'm not sure if that's normal or not, I would imagine it is.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

-Tucker
Red Vs. Blue
Old 02-10-2010, 09:32 PM

C-mag is a Private
sounds like a locked gearbox.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:46 PM

Lunchbox is a Private
I thought so too. But I can't really tell without taking the gearbox apart. Any idea what would have caused it to lock up?

-Tucker
Red Vs. Blue
Old 02-10-2010, 09:52 PM

LesPaul is a Private
I had a similar problem with an M4 and I opened it up and found a motor issue. Try adjusting the motor a bit and it may fix the problem. I adjusted it in a trial and error form and eventually got it. Hope this helps.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:03 PM

Firefox is a Private
I know you said you have already looked at the gears but by chance do you have a trigger switch similar to those in the m249 series? back when i had an m249 the trigger switch would get stuck in the gears causing similar problems to occur. Just a suggestion.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:19 PM

Ozzsclan is a Recruit Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Ozzsclan
i have the m43 version these are if not the same virtualy the same if you still got the warenty or able to ship it back ...try that first and foremost if nothing more you might git a better one, fire fox there dam near the same but the one in my mk43 is bigger ( dunno why) but it is
Old 02-10-2010, 11:13 PM

Lunchbox is a Private
I'm going to try to ship it back to airsoftgi, I've contacted them via email. If worst comes to worst, I'll take it somewhere to get it taken care of. I'm not comfortable enough in my own abilities to open up that gearbox, as I've only worked on v2 guns.

-Tucker
Red Vs. Blue
Old 02-11-2010, 09:05 AM

Ozzsclan is a Recruit Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Ozzsclan
well the fellas down there will take great care of you, BUT ILL say this only broblem ive had with my mk43 was epic but after simply looking fiting ect ect it all came back together. I bought mine at Airsoftsmith and the boys up there realy are on par, as with most reputable dealers, if theres a problem most of them genuinely want to help as they want your return busness, but for the most part only issue i can see is the feeding tube and box mag everything else is a simple screw and thats that
Old 02-11-2010, 10:36 AM

Lunchbox is a Private
Well, I know my box mag is feeding properly. This seems like it's almost definitely a problem in the gearbox. If anyone knows of any takedown/reassembly guides for this gearbox version, that would be great. If I can't fix it myself, I'll probably take it to Toledo Airsoft, as that's the closest place to me, and have them fix it.

-Tucker
Red Vs. Blue
Old 02-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Banned

SASQUATCH is a Recruit Private
well its definatly a locked gearbox, but sence it's only full auto, i dont know what you would do. best option is to send it back. off topic but, when u were using it in the war, did it bog you down alot, or were u still able to run around with it and have fun.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:29 PM

ECHOES is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASQUATCH View Post
well its definatly a locked gearbox, but sence it's only full auto, i dont know what you would do. best option is to send it back. off topic but, when u were using it in the war, did it bog you down alot, or were u still able to run around with it and have fun.
Depends on your body build.

Support guns = heavy = alot to carry = slower movements (in most cases)

Why feel the need to justify anything to others? You made the decision, nobody except for you can judge that.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:16 PM

Lunchbox is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASQUATCH View Post
off topic but, when u were using it in the war, did it bog you down alot, or were u still able to run around with it and have fun.
It didn't bother me much. I obviously couldn't move as fast with it as I could an assault rifle, but the fact that I could lay down as many rounds as I could more than made up for it. And it's a pretty scary looking gun, the intimidation factor alone is enough to keep people's heads down.

It is heavy though. I'd say it's a good 18-20 lbs with a battery and fully loaded mag, and it's really long and cumbersome. If you plan on carrying it very far or very often, you'll definitely need a strap.

-Tucker
Red Vs. Blue
Old 02-11-2010, 07:20 PM

john is a Private
Ensure battery integrity. Actually it sounds like the polarities might be reversed. but first check the battery.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:37 PM

Lunchbox is a Private
Would it have fired fine to begin with if the polarities were reversed?

-Tucker
Red Vs. Blue
Old 02-12-2010, 09:30 AM

john is a Private
no the gun wouldn't or.. that's true. but it would of if it was not charged correctly. do you have serveral batteries to test for batt problems?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:47 PM

Lunchbox is a Private
Yes, I hooked it up to a 9.6v mini battery (the original battery I used) and an 8.4v large type. I also tested the 9.6v in another gun and it functioned fine.

-Tucker
Red Vs. Blue
Old 12-30-2010, 07:28 PM

HayStack is a Private
Whatever happened here? Doesn't seem like you got an answer and quite frankly I'm in the same boat. Just got mine last night, and it was amazing, then it stopped firing(mag still ran whe. Pushing trigger, but no motor turn. Could this be a loose motor connection I think? Don't really want to open it up just yet, looking for input.

Tags
broken, firing, m60, vietnam

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: