Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 11-28-2011, 06:21 PM

Renegade Lone Wolf is a Private
Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade Lone Wolf
Well mb07?

Alright, so I'm not what you would call an airsoft "veteran," but I am fairly experienced in most guns. I've been playing for about 3-4 years and I currently own a Echo 1 Phantom (AUG), a UTG Shadow Ops sniper, a G&G Combat Machine, and a SOCOM Gear R700.

I love sniping and the UTG is great, but too powerful for field use, so I got the R700 and have lost liking for it ever since I got it. Its alright, but the springs seem to be a little weak and the whole feel of it doesn't suit me the greatest. So I came up with an idea...

I want to sell my R700 for $105 (due to my custom paint job and bipod and bipod mount), and then use that money to buy a WELL MB07. I was looking into the WELL MB07 with the fake wood and the fluted barrel and such. Here's a link to a picture http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=8372 .

Anyway, I was wondering what you guys think of the swap in terms of the differences between the two, good and bad. I've heard bad things about the MB07 on a few sites and they say things such as there's too much lubricant in the trigger and mag and piston that its gums it up, that the mag has lots of problems, one person said they received their gun and it was in a plastic sealed bag full of dirt, and a couple people say that the piston and O-rings degrade and mess up quite often. But I would like to hear from your guy's opinion also.

Thanks, Renegade Blade
Old 11-28-2011, 06:46 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
Well you could always swap out for a stronger spring, a better piston, and a metal spring guide. Thats what I did for my Echo 1 ASR and it turned out great. It is a very easy upgrade and I am sure there are plenty of parts and DIY guides online.

Then start using heavier bbs in your upgraded R700 and you will have an accurate sniper. If you want to take it even further, you could change the hop up and barrel to make it even better.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:58 PM

I would prefer to not keep the R700. It just doesn't suit me, I realize that the MB07 is very similar, but I feel it would just feel better to me. Don't ask why, just my intuition i suppose.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:28 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
Oh, I understand. Still trying to find what is good for me too haha. Goodluck man. Wish I could give you info on the MB07, but I cannot.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:54 PM

cj93 is a Private
Have you tried looking into gas snipers or a semi-auto sniper system?
Old 11-28-2011, 09:05 PM

Sorry mate, but there's no way I'd ever put any money into a gas sniper, and I'm not very keen on the semi-auto thing either. I have looked around but I like the bolt-action systems a lot better.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:45 AM

hotballz87 is a Private
I have a UTG l96, which is nearly the same thing as the shadow ops. If you have ever tore yours all the way down to work on it you (hopefully) should know its REALLY easy to pull the bolt out of the rear of the gun.
This makes it incredibly easy to change the spring in it. I haven't changed the spring like this for a few years now, but when I played in Tulsa i did for different games.
If you sell the R700 and buy a weaker spring for the UTG, you will bu up some $$, instead of buying another gun.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:16 PM

Gopher is a Recruit Private
I have a well mbo3 for sale. Also theirs other snipers in the spring gun classifieds.
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:25 PM

In reply to Gopher, I don't want a MB03. Thanks for the offer anyway.

In reply to hotballz87, I'm asking about whether or not this is a fair trade. I love the Shadow Ops, but I'm not going to put in a lesser powered spring and I want two snipers. I consider the Shadow Ops to be a support sniper in the same category as the Barrets due to its heavy, long nature. I want another one thats lighter and more versatile so that I can combat snipe along with being able to have some decent accuracy at around 150+ ft.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:41 PM

Gopher is a Recruit Private
Ok, but also head my advice of the spring gun classifieds.
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:16 PM

hotballz87 is a Private
the m700 is one I liked as a smaller, but still dead on basr. I never owned one my self, but have used one, with a shorter barrel on it. the gun was about the leingth of an m4 with the stock extended and a 6" silencer on the front, and that's not too bad imo.
what I would do if I was in your shoes would be to find the look you want, then find the brand that parts are easiest to find. that's why I bought my utg.

Y u no play in Youngstown?!?
Old 12-03-2011, 11:30 AM

Daxter is a Private
I have a black mbo7 that I got in a trade. If you're interested send me a PM.

I'm an AK purist. Deal with it.

Tags
well mb07 socom gear r700

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: