Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 01-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Bandwidth waste

Icepick is a Private
ECHO 1 Scar

I have a D-Boys M4 currently, and i am thinking about switching to the ECHO 1 Scar. If anyone has one, i would like to know how it performs. I will probably but an ACOG sight on and a QP M203 grenade launcher. Further down the line i would like to put in a high torque or high speed motor, so i would like to know if i need to ugrade the actual gearbox. Possibly put in a 6.01 tightbore. Length of the stock barrel is 300mm i believe. Length suggestions?
Old 01-06-2011, 06:28 PM

Kraken is a Private
The stocks break easily. That's all I know.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin

Old 01-06-2011, 06:44 PM

Myth is a Private
I have an Echo1 SCAR and I LOVE IT! It had horrible range stock as well as a horrible stock nubbing. I have since upgraded it and put in

G&G Hop Up Bucking/Nubbing $6.75
MadBull Ver. 2 Precision Inner Barrel for AK (455mm) $35.00

Both I got from Airsoftgi, since I put in those two parts it has greatly greatly improved range and accuracy. Since I put in a 455mm barrel I had to exten an outter barrel, I did it with a mock silencer from gi and a small barrel extension from Blade on the forums here. The stock gear box is a V2 and all metal so it is decent but if your gonna upgrade the ROF or FPS is suggest putting bearing and another gear set in it, possibly not necessary but might be a good idea. The gear box is a pain in the *** to take out due to the ambidextrous fire selector so look yup a walk thur on google/youtube. Also the small spring on the selector plate falls out easily once you get the gear box out, I ended up having to get a ECHO 1 Spring Set for AEGs $6.00 from gi also due to losing it and not realizing it. Ive never had an issue with my stock, but not saying its not out there. Hillslam has 3 Scars so it might be a good idea to drop him a PM to see what he has to say. If you have any specific questions let me know and Ill do my best to anwser them, hope this helped. Ill upload some pictures soon, Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-12-12_14-18-24_622.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	3860   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-12-12_14-18-18_629.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	3861  
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
-Helen Keller

Last edited by Myth; 01-06-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Bandwidth waste

Icepick is a Private
beautiful gun! the package i'm purchasing comes with a long barrel extension, but if i need to i'll buy an aluminum mock silencer. i am, however, worried about taking out the gearbox. i have never done it before, so i will probably post something with lots of questions later once i get the gun, but other than that thank you for the help!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:59 PM

Gopher is a Recruit Private
buy it i have it and love it!!!! also buy from a local retailer they have them try 321 airsoft or airsoft arms (also as stated above watch the stock)
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:05 PM

Myth is a Private
I used two screwdrivers to get it out and followed the walkthur i found. once you learn how to do it then it gets slightly easier. Also watch the body pins, they like to fall out somtimes.
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
-Helen Keller
Old 01-17-2011, 09:27 PM

Kangsun is a Private
I love my Echo1 SCAR-L. It works great. And yet, you have to be careful with the body pins, it dropped out sometime.

Tags
echo1, scar

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: