Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 02-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Talking Project: 1911-A1 transformation

I arranged for a trade the other day between Dutch and myself. He presented to me the kind of trade that I drool over. A puzzle. For those who know me, or know of me, they are aware of my desire, nay, obsession for tinkering. Like a Mad Scientist in my Laboratory, wringing my hands and cackling incessantly, I set to work on this latest project.

The picture that Dutch sent to me was this one.

I've played around with GBB pistols before, but never to this level. This was a total build, almost everything was out and in pieces. Usually, I prefer to take things apart myself to help me better understand it's workings and more importantly, how to put it back together once I'm done. This was something new! It took me a little while, but I eventually found the beat to the tune this gun was singing. Little by little she went back together. I did find that the nozzle had a tiny piece broken off of it. Luckily, I also found that We Hi-Cappa guns have some parts that are compatible. Thanks to a purchase from Noobdude last year, I happen to have one. I made the appropriate sacrifices from one gun to the other, and things were looking up.

Once I got it together, I test fired it a bit, and things were looking good. She had a problem with the trigger not making the hammer fall a bit, but I'm pretty sure I figured out that problem and think I have fixed it. At this point, she was looking pretty knarly. In dire need of a make over as they say. So, I tore her all down again, even further than what I got her in. All the way down to the bare frame. Then, I started the brain cell killing process of taking all that old tan paint off of her. Stripped her clean I did! Wow! When the directions say 'well ventilated', they aren't kidding, are they? hehe

With her all stripped down, I took another look at the slide and thought, 'hrmm. Looks darn sexy now. I don't think I'll paint the slide, just give a good polish.' And so I did.

Gotta love them trades on there, huh?

Outside I go and paint the remaining parts a flat black. In retrospect, I think I will get a different brand of paint and redo the bottom frame and parts. The flat black just isn't as resilient as I thought, and was already starting to rub off in places that I was handling on reassembly. After painting, she looked like this.

Ooooh yeah. Can you feel it? Can you feel the awesomeness that is to become this new beauty of a sidearm? Me too!
So, finished with the assembly, and this is what she ended up looking like. I proudly present to you, from Tan to DAMN!

I'm really liking how this turned out. Now, to decide if I want to keep her, or turn her over into another trade...that is a tough question to answer. Might keep her for a game or two..maybe.
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:20 PM

Ruffy is a Private
thats a sexy 1911 Rygar..... if you decide to let it go.....

"It is a proven fact that you cannot idiot proof anything due to Mother Nature's ability to constantly upgrade the common idiot
Old 02-06-2012, 06:23 PM

Cassius is a Private
Do Want! Any chance of doing it again? I've got a Socom Gear MEU in need of a good paint job. Anyway nicely done! That is the best looking 1911 I've ever seen.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:29 PM

G.I.JONES is a Private
Looks good Rygar!

http://www.liveleak.com/c/natej740

Also check out my GoPro Airsoft videos....

http://www.youtube.com/user/natej7400
Old 02-06-2012, 08:09 PM
The Blacksmith

Yawger20 is a Private
single stack or dual mag?

-----------------------
Last Name: Yawger
Call Sign: Frostbite
Old 02-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
double stack mags, but they are thin enough to look like single.
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:17 PM

runner3 is a Private
beautiful....had a project similar to that myself at one point....the pics are in my album. Stripped everything, polished and cleaned constantly still it got nice and shiny. Its not a two tone silver with compensator....i love it.

1911s are the way to go
Old 02-06-2012, 08:22 PM

Dead_Pool is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Dead_Pool Send a message via Yahoo to Dead_Pool
Nice looking 1911.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:37 PM
The Blacksmith

Yawger20 is a Private
what did you use to lube everything?

-----------------------
Old 02-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
used silicone oil on the seals, and small amounts of white lithium grease on the metal to metal parts. I don't like that stuff much, but it's all I have right now. It tends to gunk up in large amounts so I put on a little bit, and wipe any excess off quickly before it settles out of the foam stage.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:54 PM
The Blacksmith

Yawger20 is a Private
I just bought myself a VSR-10 and have it shooting 525fps... trying to lube it up and looking for ideas... The bolt pull is a little rough! lol

-----------------------
Old 02-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Rygar is a Private
Ruffy would be the guy to ask. he has one of those that is incredible! smooth action too, so he must use some really good stuff. Moose just got some stuff from the RC shop that he says seems really good too. he is using it for he GB, so I'm not sure if that will work for lubing the internals of a sniper rifle.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:01 PM

xSquirrelx is a Private
For some reason snapped disconnectors are befalling the 1911 like a fever this time of year. If it's only releasing the trigger when pointed at a downward angle, well, you have yourself a snapped left side disconnector.

On another note,
GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME! That slide is beautiful!

I need to start polishing off some of my slides...

Dr. Squirrel WE M.D.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:12 PM

Fat Rambo is a Private
that is too hot

--------------------------------------------------

Old 02-06-2012, 11:06 PM

Dutch is a Private
great job Rygar, looks way better than when I had it.

Tags
gbb 1911 we, project, trade

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: