Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 09-13-2013, 07:30 PM

Emkaye is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Emkaye
G&P magpul pts M4 Trigger Issue

The trigger seems to be locked in place, as if the safety were on, regardless of what setting the gun is at.

I've searched online for a similar thread and responses run the gamut from motors and fuses to pistons and trigger blocks.

The battery is tested and it works fine, the barrel and receiver are cleared of bb's, and nothing else seems out of the ordinary, though this would be the first airsoft gun I'd be doing work on.

I've got disassembly guides pulled up so I can replace the receiver catch which was a bit wibbly at the last game I attended, and the trigger locked up during the last match of the day.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to diagnose the problem(s)/ needs anything more specific from me to do so, that would be fantastic!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:35 PM

P y r o is a Private
That sounds like a selector switch / selector plate issue. Check to make sure those two parts are still engaging correctly before you buy anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
LOLKWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:53 AM

slowridn73 is a Private
I have had problems with the safety bar in an aeg m4 gearbox before, it would get pushed forward to the safe position an block the trigger but would jam itself in the process. Check that the spring on this part is still in place and has good tension, also check the clearance between the trigger and the end of the bar, if they are touching it might be wedging itself in.

Tags
aeg, problem, trigger

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: