Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Main > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in an IFAK if so how much would you or have you spent?
Not Interested - IFAKs are not needed 94 23.04%
Not Interested -Money Issues 50 12.25%
Interested I would personally pay- $25 159 38.97%
Interested I would personally pay- $50 89 21.81%
Interested I would personally pay- $75 16 3.92%
Interested I would personally pay- $125 18 4.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Crye Baby

Quebely is a Private
I have a very basic kit that I carry with me from time to time (depends on if I remember to take it out of my car and throw it in my IFAK pouch). It certainly isn't anything elaborate but it has basic med supplies w/ instructions and some other nice bits and pieces. Let me know when you have yours available Krayzie, I'd certainly be willing to pick one up and dedicate it to in field use.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:53 PM

Saffron is a Private
I think it's a notable idea to have an airsoft specific kit tailored to our situations. First off, the average airsofter is probably by all odds not capable of accessing head/airway trauma and it goes to say, if you do not have training on how to do something, do not do it.

Personally, I carry a fairly extensive amount of medical gear when I play. I'm one of those people who would rather be prepared than to be left hanging if someone becomes injured. I carry everything from a first string medical gear up to some Isralie's and a nylon stretcher in the event someone needs carried out. That is just me but I typically recommend people carry at least a few items to patch themselves up.

I believe it'd a great idea to make a system catered to the outdoors person/airsofter with things we are most likely to encounter. Things like severe cuts/excessive bleeding, counter reactionary medicines, things to treat poison ivy, etc... etc... stuff along those lines. But I don't really thing tourniquets and compression needles need to be handled by the untrained.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:54 AM

Krayzie is a Private
We fully agree that there will be no items that people could cause more harm than good. This goes for our full kits we sell to LE and Tactical teams. For example: Based off of our research most people do not have the training or scared to use a decompression needle if it is actually needed, so why put that in a kit just to have it. Also a boo boo kit is good to have but when it comes to any serious injuries it will not do crap! This kit will have needed supplies and come in a water proof vacuum seal pouch so reduce the size and protect the contents.

Everyone have provided some good feedback, I would like to keep collecting input if you have anything positive to contribute. Thanks for the feedback so far!

www.highrisktraining.net
Old 04-20-2012, 10:10 AM

Sidd is a Private First ClassSidd is a Private First Class
Hey, I dont think this was asked, but will you offer a version that comes already in the pouch for attaching to a vest? you know, for the purpose of one stop shopping and saving frustration

(14:33:39) Agent_Spencer: You just fly into an uncontrollable punching rage with those mother****ers on.
(14:33:48) Agent_Spencer: It's like High Speed Low Drag Hulk Hands.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:55 AM

P-51Mustang is a Private
Just an inquiry, Krayzie, when do you think these would become available for order?

AWOL: "Delta, WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?!?"
Overlord: "About 3 feet to your left.
AWOL: "Oh."
Old 04-20-2012, 11:02 AM

Krayzie is a Private
"Hey, I dont think this was asked, but will you offer a version that comes already in the pouch for attaching to a vest? you know, for the purpose of one stop shopping and saving frustration"

Sidd, We have thought about that and might offer that as an option. The problem is people are so picky with the gear they want and colors, etc. We are working on that option now.

After I collect all of the results I can have the kits ready in a little as 2 weeks. Our military and LE kits are already avaliable. Are you looking for an airsoft kit?

www.highrisktraining.net
Old 04-20-2012, 11:04 AM

Krayzie is a Private
One nice option that we can do is build custom kits as well for those who do have special needs or conditions.

www.highrisktraining.net
Old 04-20-2012, 11:11 AM

P-51Mustang is a Private
Most likely. I'll purchase one of them- most likely the airsoft kit but I'm gonna shop around. Do you have a site to order from, or do I just talk to you?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:20 AM

P y r o is a Private
Our team made these "required" for a time, after a mishap at a private op... Bronco!

But I don't think we need a full blown IFAK, especially since a lot of people would have no idea what to do with it. Maybe a small first aid kit could be recommended... But not required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
LOLKWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:50 AM

Sidd is a Private First ClassSidd is a Private First Class
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayzie View Post
"Hey, I dont think this was asked, but will you offer a version that comes already in the pouch for attaching to a vest? you know, for the purpose of one stop shopping and saving frustration"

Sidd, We have thought about that and might offer that as an option. The problem is people are so picky with the gear they want and colors, etc. We are working on that option now.

After I collect all of the results I can have the kits ready in a little as 2 weeks. Our military and LE kits are already avaliable. Are you looking for an airsoft kit?
I realize there are a lot of factors involved with offering the pouch as well. I personally is mostly be using it for airsoft, though my gear is OD so as long as the pouch is decent and OD i would be happy

(14:33:39) Agent_Spencer: You just fly into an uncontrollable punching rage with those mother****ers on.
(14:33:48) Agent_Spencer: It's like High Speed Low Drag Hulk Hands.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:51 AM

Krayzie is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51Mustang View Post
Most likely. I'll purchase one of them- most likely the airsoft kit but I'm gonna shop around. Do you have a site to order from, or do I just talk to you?
We will have them listed on the website very soon. As for now you can email me your requirements or wait a few weeks for the airsoft kit to be release.
jeem@highrisktraining.net

www.highrisktraining.net
Old 04-20-2012, 11:53 AM

Big Teddy is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Big Teddy Send a message via Yahoo to Big Teddy Send a message via Skype™ to Big Teddy
I would buy one for my go bag but, as this is airsoft I would say if you have a different versions, maybe with medical supplies geared toward injuries likely to happen in airsoft. Ie compress, bandages, iodine, ect ect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival
All we need now is an animated gif of a dead horse going down hill fast whilst being beaten by a guy saying "You Mad BRO".

And googling now.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:04 PM

P-51Mustang is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayzie View Post
We will have them listed on the website very soon. As for now you can email me your requirements or wait a few weeks for the airsoft kit to be release.
jeem@highrisktraining.net
Thanks! I'll check it out.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:26 PM

MGD is a Private
I think having a med kit is a good idea I always carry one

Ops: Intervention, Dark Horizon, Moonlight 1&2, Crucible, Tomahawk, BlackGate

Im the commander of the men in black pajamas! LONG LIVE IAC!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:55 PM

Sunshine is a Private
A med kit is a great idea, but I do not think it should be under $100 yet over $25. It should have high quality utilities, as well as basic instructions for user friendliness.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM

Krayzie is a Private
We are now taking Pre-Orders on the Kits! Details below:
http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/sh...468#post382468

www.highrisktraining.net
Old 05-10-2012, 02:32 AM

A Man Named Lurch is a Private
I love the idea of having one of these. Player safety is always priority. I could be aggreable with the higher 125 dollar amount on the condition that some training was provided with it. But at 45 bones its a steal!

Now offering: Noob-Tube
"Nepoleon BlownApart"
ver.3.6
Base 2013 Models starting at $179.99!!
Options include Molle hook! 20mm Rails! Folding Grip!
Same great product in a smaller more portable size!

Last edited by A Man Named Lurch; 05-10-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:04 PM

Kung Fu Moses is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Kung Fu Moses
As I think back to all the events I've been to, heat emergencies have been the number one issue I've seen. I would include 3 ice packs, one for each axilla and one for the groin so active cooling of a heat emergency victim can begin before EMS arrives.

"Being a fireman is NOT cooler than being a cop..." "BUT THEY'VE GOT COOLER UNIFORMS, COOLER TRUCKS, COOLER SIRENS, THEY EVEN GET TO CARRY AXES!!!!!!" "AXES!?!?! I get to carry a gun. A real gun, with real bullets, I get to shoot bad guys.. IM LIKE DIRTY HARRY. Can you even name a famous fireman?" "Smokey.. the... Bear?" Firefighters: We've got cooler everything. And a frakkin BEAR.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:44 PM

Ghost-Walls is a Private
Great Idea

But there are many problems with this. Being a Combat Medic in the Army myself I would not evenbe allowed to treat any of these wounds because I follow under an EMT-B. So my SOP's wouldn't allow me to do that, and unless everyone had at least and EMT-I then nothing would really be able to be done because if someone was to get more seriously injured then many things could go wrong. You could be arrested, sewed, or even revoked of your EMT license if you did what was out of your SOP. This is an awesome idea but I could see many things going terribly wrong!
Old 06-16-2012, 10:15 PM

Ghost-Walls is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu Moses View Post
As I think back to all the events I've been to, heat emergencies have been the number one issue I've seen. I would include 3 ice packs, one for each axilla and one for the groin so active cooling of a heat emergency victim can begin before EMS arrives.
You wouldn't want to do active warming because if you warm the PT too quickly you can put them into shock! You'd want to do passive and put them in maybe a car with AC.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:15 PM

Weezer is a Private
Need for IFAKs

I couldnt agree more on the need for IFAKs or a med kit in general even bandaids help. I get cuts occassionally from accidently running into bramble bushes, branches etc. I would recomend one anyways but i see the need to be greater at night ops given you cant always see where your going.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:10 PM

Kung Fu Moses is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Kung Fu Moses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost-Walls View Post
You wouldn't want to do active warming because if you warm the PT too quickly you can put them into shock! You'd want to do passive and put them in maybe a car with AC.
You mean cooling? It's in the GMVEMSC Standing Orders. As straight from my protocol book:

First Responders:
  • Move patient to a cool environment
  • Strip the patient of clothing, cool the patient, and apply water to the skin
  • Apply cold packs to the underarm and groin areas
  • If conscious and neither vomiting nor extremely nauseous, provide oral fluids
Three ice packs will not cause enough cooling to cause a patient to shiver. In a 100+ degree day, the ice packs will be melted before they get to the staging area.

"Being a fireman is NOT cooler than being a cop..." "BUT THEY'VE GOT COOLER UNIFORMS, COOLER TRUCKS, COOLER SIRENS, THEY EVEN GET TO CARRY AXES!!!!!!" "AXES!?!?! I get to carry a gun. A real gun, with real bullets, I get to shoot bad guys.. IM LIKE DIRTY HARRY. Can you even name a famous fireman?" "Smokey.. the... Bear?" Firefighters: We've got cooler everything. And a frakkin BEAR.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:09 PM

bennieramone is a Private
This is a wonderful idea. Speaking as a trained private security officer with first aid, cpr, and various other medical training i think everyone on the airsoft field should carry at least this basic kit if not one that encompasses heat exhaustion as well.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:12 AM

Preacher is a Private
I think people having IFAKS is an great plan but what i worried about is some gose out gets one, someone gets hurt bad and this person trys to use the contents on the person thats hurt with out knowing what there doing and just screw they guy up more.

"YOU CAN PUSH YOURSELF FURTHER THEN ANYONE CAN THINK POSSIBLE"
LPO MARCUS LUTTRELL

Old 09-09-2012, 01:05 PM

9sfg is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I think people having IFAKS is an great plan but what i worried about is some gose out gets one, someone gets hurt bad and this person trys to use the contents on the person thats hurt with out knowing what there doing and just screw they guy up more.
I agree with preacher, because not everybody is trained to even use them. I think every ref should carry them.

ďLead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way.Ē

Callsign:Rook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: