Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Main > Other Retailers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 05:12 PM

ShortyUSA_Rambo is a Private
PolarStar PR-15's Inbound! First Images and Pre-Order Now at Shorty USA!

The wait is finally over! As of 8/12/11, all PolarStar PR-15 rifles are in stock and ready to ship from Shorty USA!

The PolarStar PR-15 EPAR has been one of the most talked about subjects in recent airsoft history since it has been one of the only systems to directly challenge the AEG for battlefield superiority in over two decades. This revolutionary new system was designed specifically with the hardcore skirmisher in mind by offering unmatched performance, reliability and versatility. Those lucky enough to have ever used or seen this system in action have quickly deemed it the ultimate skirmish weapon.

Being a rifle which uses brand new technology, we obviously cannot fit every bit of information into its description. Therefore, if you would like the full briefing on this new system, please read our in-depth FAQ on the PolarStar Fusion Engine and the PR-15 EPAR.

This Electro-Pneumatic Airsoft Rifle (EPAR) is equipped with the PolarStar Fusion Engine which runs off of High Pressure Air (HPA). The Fusion Engine is best described as a solenoid driven, electronically controlled, HPA powered, drop-in replacement for an AEGs gearbox. Never again will you have to deal with the headache of stripped pistons, broken gears, snapped tappet plates or late nights spent retuning and reshimming your rifle before a game. This system gives you the ability to easily adjust literally every aspect your rifles performance allowing the PR-15 to fulfill several different roles in one reliable, easy to use package. And the best part is with this system you will not need to have a degree in airsoft mechanics to customize the performance of your rifle. If you have only the basic understanding of how an airsoft gun functions you will be able to tune your rifle as easily as changing the ring tone on your cell phone.

Key features of the Fusion Engine
  • 100% built in the USA.
  • Rock solid, CNC machined aluminum construction.
  • Capable of operating in sub-freezing temperatures without decreased performance or reliability.
  • Independently adjustable velocity and rate of fire.
  • Easily interchangeable air nozzles to shift the velocity adjustment range up or down.
  • Easy to use Fire Control Unit (FCU) with LED display and five position joystick.
  • User selectable Semi/Full Auto, Semi Auto Only and Variable 2 to 9 Round Burst modes as well as Open Bolt and Closed Bolt firing modes.
  • Adjustable nozzle dwell and return to battery times to optimize feeding from any magazine.
  • Instantaneous trigger response.
  • Uniform shot-to-shot air volume discharge allows for unmatched velocity consistency.
  • Interfaces with stock AEG barrel/hop-chamber allowing for aftermarket barrel upgrades and the use of traditional AEG magazines.

The externals of the PR-15 are equally as impressive since PolarStar has contracted VFC to manufacture their rifles bodies. This company is known for making some of the finest airsoft replicas in the industry and these rifles are no exception. Machined from aluminum, these rifles are extremely durable yet remain lightweight and easy to manage in the field. They feature milled trademarks, sequential serial numbers and are finished in a wear resistant, mil-spec anodized coating.

When it comes to performance these rifles cannot be described as anything less than extraordinary. Firing it feels completely different from an AEG since there is no motor whine, no gear noise and the rifles fires instantly when you squeeze the trigger. Even an AEG with a Lipo and a MOSFET can not achieve this fast of a trigger response. In fact, these rifles can actually fire faster than you can pull the trigger. And, since these rifles sound more like high powered air rifles than airsoft guns, having a few of these opening up during an engagement brings a whole new level of realism to the game.

The Blue air nozzle which comes standard in the PR-15 series caps the muzzle velocity to keep it within the field rifle limits allowed by most events even at the systems maximum operating pressure. By adjusting the pressure on your air tanks regulator you will have a velocity adjustment range of 50 fps within the operating pressure range of 90psi to 120psi. This makes it possible to fine tune your rifle to the exact velocity you want without even needing to pop open the receiver. PolarStar is also offering aftermarket air nozzles which can shift the velocity range up and down. With a set of these color coded, easy to install air nozzles you will always be able to reach your target velocity while staying within the systems optimum pressure range no matter if you need a CQB rifle shooting below 1 Joule or a high powered sniper rifle that can reach out to 100 yards or more.

Bottom line, we have been in business since 1998 and in that time we have never seen an airsoft system built with as much attention to detail, intelligence and quality as PolarStar has done with their Fusion Engine. That combined with the always impressive VFC externals and this is possibly the finest shooting and most dependable airsoft rifle money can buy.

If you have never owned or had previous experience with HPA tanks, please read these important HPA Safety Guidelines.

Key features of the PolarStar PR-15 CQBR
  • Compact, 10.5 inch, one piece barrel.
  • Fixed A frame front sight with removable Match Grade rear sight.
  • Working dust cover and bolt catch.
  • 6 position collapsing stock.
  • Operation: Electro-Pneumatic
  • Fire mode/s: Semi / Variable Burst, Semi / Full Auto, Semi only
  • Muzzle velocity: Adjustable, 330 fps to 380 fps w/ .2g
  • Effective range: 200+ feet
  • Rate of fire: Adjustable, 500 RPM to 1,800 RPM
  • Ammo type: High polished .2g - .43g
  • Hop Up: Adjustable
  • Inner barrel: 275mm
  • Nozzle type: Blue
  • Weight: 4.5 lbs
  • Magazine capacity: 120 rds (M4/M16 AEG series compatible)
  • Length: 27 – 30.25 inches
  • Power source: HPA (High Pressure Air via remote air rig)
  • FCU battery: 8.4v to 9.6v, Mini or Nun-Chuck/Double Nun-Chuck Type
  • PSI operating range: 90psi to 120psi
  • Comes with orange tip: Molded Plastic

Key features of the PolarStar PR-15 Carbine
  • 14.5 inch, one piece barrel.
  • Fixed A frame front sight with removable carry handle and adjustable A2 rear sight.
  • 6 position collapsing stock.
  • Muzzle velocity: Adjustable, 355 fps to 405 fps w/ .2g
  • Inner barrel: 375mm
  • Weight: 4.8 lbs
  • Magazine capacity: 120 rds (M4/M16 AEG series compatible)
  • Length: 31 – 34.25 inches
  • FCU battery: 8.4v to 9.6v, Mini or Nun-Chuck/Double Nun-Chuck Type.

Key features of the PolarStar PR-15 Tactical Carbine
  • 14.5 inch, one piece barrel.
  • Free floating RIS with rail protectors.
  • Flip up front sight and flip up/removable rear peep sight.
  • Ambidextrous buffer tube sling mount.
  • 6 position collapsing crane stock.
  • Muzzle velocity: Adjustable, 355 fps to 405 fps w/ .2g
  • Inner barrel: 375mm
  • Weight: 5 lbs
  • Magazine capacity: 300 rds High Cap (M4/M16 AEG series compatible)
  • Length: 31.5 – 34.75 inches
  • FCU battery: 8.4v or 9.6v, Nun-Chuck Type

There are currently 6 different nozzles available for the PolarStar PR-15 rifle. Each nozzle has a different bore diameter which allow the operator to shift the velocity adjustment range up or down. The air nozzles are color coded in order of increasing velocity. The color coding also allows field and event staff to easily identify and confirm the safe FPS limit of an airsoft rifle using the Fusion Engine system.

Note: The muzzle velocity with a given nozzle and pressure can vary depending on the length of the barrel. Therefore a shorter barreled CQB rifle will always yield a lower muzzle velocity than a long barreled sniper rifle.

Readings were taken shooting a .2g BB through a stock VFC barrel/hop-up assembly at 120psi.

Green
CQB (275mm) = 313fps, Carbine (380mm) = 325fps, Rifle (509mm) = 363fps

Gold
CQB (275mm) = 350fps, Carbine (380mm) = 366fps, Rifle (509mm) = 400fps

Blue
CQB (275mm) = 380fps, Carbine (380mm) = 405fps, Rifle (509mm) = 435fps

Black
CQB (275mm) = 423fps, Carbine (380mm) = 457fps, Rifle (509mm) = 476fps

Silver
CQB (275mm) = 446fps, Carbine (380mm) = 494fps, Rifle (509mm) = 514fps

Red
CQB (275mm) = 500fps, Carbine (380mm) = 550fps, Rifle (509mm) = 590fps

PRE-ORDER for the PolarStar Fusion Engine is also now open. The Fusion Engine will be released shortly following the complete PR-15 rifles. The ETA for the engine is expected to be September, 2011 although the exact release date has not yet been set. This post will be updated once an official date has been released. To reserve your engine, add items to your shopping cart and place your order as normal. You will not be charged until the items reach our warehouse and are ready to ship. If you are going to be picking your order up from our store, please note in the comments box that it will be an in-store pick-up.

(302) 366-8375

Last edited by ShortyUSA_Rambo; 08-12-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:46 PM

dubbs is a Recruit Private
Now with this design do you keep the hpa tank stored somewhere else like U.S army and tippmann a-5 paintball guns do with co2?
I'm not drinking your Koolaid.
INGINE: Just don't think about the game
Me: Its not that easy, Its not something I can focus on winning, if I focus on winning, I lose.
INGINE: Just think of glorious boobage, games are for chumps.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:48 AM

Puma22 is a Private
This looks interesting!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:34 PM

PolarStar PR-15's now IN STOCK at Shorty USA!

Hey everybody! They are finally here! We picked up our order of PR-15's from PolarStar late tonight so they are now in stock and ready to ship out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
Now with this design do you keep the hpa tank stored somewhere else like U.S army and tippmann a-5 paintball guns do with co2?

Sorry Dubbs, I must have forgotten to click the notification button and didn't know you had posted. Yes, for this design you would typically have the HPA tank in your backpack or hydration carrier. We've found the best way to configure it is to have the air line come up along one of the straps for the pack so that it hangs at the center of your chest. This makes it perfect for transitioning sides and you actually have to look at someone pretty closely to even notice it.
(302) 366-8375

Old 08-12-2011, 05:40 AM

sdk1968 is a Private
Shorty,

did you guys get the package deal set up? so that your ready to go right out of the store?

tank/reg/hose/gun.....

"Builders helping Builders"
Old 08-12-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
Shorty,

did you guys get the package deal set up? so that your ready to go right out of the store?

tank/reg/hose/gun.....

Not quite yet but we will shortly. Air rigs are inbound and we're hammering out the details with the tanks right now.
(302) 366-8375

Old 08-12-2011, 11:43 AM

Now I would get this as long as it doesnt cost me over 400 dollars or 500 dollars!
This is a lovely design, but needs to be more ergonomic externally!
Me: Its not that easy, Its not something I can focus on winning, if I focus on winning, I lose.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Now I would get this as long as it doesnt cost me over 400 dollars or 500 dollars!
This is a lovely design, but needs to be more ergonomic externally!

For its initial release I think PolarStar wanted to put their engine into a rifle which had externals that would equal the awesomeness of its internals. They will be releasing the stand-alone Fusion Engine shortly so you would be able to save some money if you already had an M4/M16 series AEG.
(302) 366-8375

Old 08-12-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyUSA_Rambo View Post
For its initial release I think PolarStar wanted to put their engine into a rifle which had externals that would equal the awesomeness of its internals. They will be releasing the stand-alone Fusion Engine shortly so you would be able to save some money if you already had an M4/M16 series AEG.
Wow, this is definantly a new standard of gearbox! Better than the systema rev. in my opinion.
Also, how much will the gearbox by itself cost? I would reccomend keeping under 350 if you can!
But one more question, will the macroline have an asa attachment or just the macroline? We would get more compatibility!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Wow, this is definantly a new standard of gearbox! Better than the systema rev. in my opinion.
Also, how much will the gearbox by itself cost? I would reccomend keeping under 350 if you can!
But one more question, will the macroline have an asa attachment or just the macroline? We would get more compatibility!
The Fusion Engine is currently on Pre-Order for $424.99.

The rifles come with nylon macroline which has a 1/8" NPT fitting installed ready for whatever QD fitting you want to run with.
(302) 366-8375

Old 08-12-2011, 02:17 PM

hummveecop is a Recruit Private
for the drop in engine:
1. what kind of hardware is needed - grip, stock and body? Will it accept say ACM Magpul furniture?
2, what QD fittings are recommended?
3. does it run on both HPA and CO2?
4. recommended pressure of operation>
5. any idea of tank volume to shot ratio?
I'm sure there's more questions - this is all I can think of for now.
Currently planning out a build - this changes everything !
Old 08-12-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummveecop View Post
for the drop in engine:
1. what kind of hardware is needed - grip, stock and body? Will it accept say ACM Magpul furniture?
Well, I read up, and I can answer a couple of those.
Im not sure about your first question, but the whole construction looks like a close replica to your average 7/8mm gearbox, which I believe they made the shell to replicate.
It is only hpa, not only would co2 blow an o-ring, it would also shoot hot! You can most likely run it, but failure is likely!
The operating pressure is 90-120 psi.
And being a paintball player with hpa, if you had a 3000psi 48 cubic inch tank at that operating pressure, you would get around 1250-1750 shots by my estimate.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:15 PM

Cassius is a Private
These look cool,only 1 problem though,THEY COST TOO MUCH!!! What about making it affordable for the average airsofter like me? I know airsoft is not about who has the best gear and guns but when you make a product like this it gives the illusion of elitism to whoever owns one. I would buy if I could.....*Sigh*
Old 08-12-2011, 03:21 PM

slim. is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobdude21 View Post
These look cool,only 1 problem though,THEY COST TOO MUCH!!! What about making it affordable for the average airsofter like me? I know airsoft is not about who has the best gear and guns but when you make a product like this it gives the illusion of elitism to whoever owns one. I would buy if I could.....*Sigh*
The reason it costs so much is r&d time and the quality of the product. Eventually the price should go down, but until then start saving.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:33 PM

Italian is a Recruit Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobdude21 View Post
I know airsoft is not about who has the best gear and guns but when you make a product like this it gives the illusion of elitism to whoever owns one. I would buy if I could.....*Sigh*
Airsoft must be about who has the best stuff to you if something expensive gives the "illusion" of elitism. Elitism is a state of mind, an nothing else. Why AO is stuck on stamping "Elitist" on whoever has something that is 'expensive' is beyond me.

If only PolarStar would make an LRB system...
Old 08-12-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummveecop View Post
for the drop in engine:

1. What kind of hardware is needed?: A TM compatible M4/M16 series AEG less the gearbox, motor and wiring harness. External accessories would only be limited to the type of body you put the system into.

2. What QD fittings are recommended?: We have been running what PolarStar recommends which is a McMaster QD fitting (6534K18 plug and 6536K24 socket). They are a little larger than your average QD fitting but they flow exceptionally fast and are extremely reliable.

3. Does it run on both HPA and CO2?: PolarStar only recommends the use of HPA. Unless you have your air rig set up just right, with CO2 there is a risk of the liquid gas entering the system which can overpressure the solenoids and damage them. HPA is technically better since it has no cool down affect which is good when you are running 30+ rounds a second.

4. Recommended pressure of operation?: Operating pressure is recommended at 90psi to 120psi.

5. Any idea of tank volume to shot ratio?:Shot count is determined by tank volume, tank pressure and operating pressure. A very conservative calculation is (Tank Capacity) x (Tank Pressure/100) = Shots.

For example, in one of the least efficient setups an 88ci/4500psi tank would be 88 x 45 = 3960 shots at 110psi (400fps w/ .2g in a CQBR w/ black nozzle).

The answer to most of these questions are already in our Fusion Engine/PR-15 FAQ which can be found HERE. But, if you can't find the answer, let us know and we'll do our best to answer it for you.
(302) 366-8375

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: