Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 07-23-2014, 12:07 PM

DrenneR is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecodicier View Post
@ Drenner; I apologize about the medic not getting back with you; he was a buddy of mine, and I think he got overwhelmed(and kind of wanted to be in the fight more), so I actually had some one else from squad 2-4 be the medic for the afternoon. I apologize I wasn't on the net more in the afternoon, I kept waiting for new info to come down and it never really did, so I just had everyone patrol to the West of the Fob, which seemed to bring quite a lot of enemy contact. It was madness trying to shuffle the squads around so squads could be relieved and RTB to pick up their guys. I tried to have an RTO stay on channel 4 while I waited for anything to come in on 5, but it isn't the same as actually being on it. Either way, I would gladly play with all of the guys from second platoon again! Everyone fought hard, and pulled their weight.
As would we gladly serve under you again!

DRENNER
OMG05
Ohio Milsim Group
https://www.facebook.com/Ohiomilsimgroup
Old 07-24-2014, 10:31 PM

Link is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Link Send a message via Yahoo to Link
I was a little worried the night before the event having not received any Op Ords, complete roster, or any sort of chain under my Command of Russian Forces, but then I remembered, I'm Commander Linkovich and I've got the Russian GRU. We got this.

While gearing up, Prophet volunteered to be a platoon leader and what's-your-name volunteered to be a platoon doc. This was awesome. Nothing is better than having someone volunteer ahead of time to go easy on trigger time to support the whole force in a completely different, yet crucial way. So thank you guys for that.

The second best thing to having volunteers for positions is having people like Rev and what-his-face not argue with being volun-told to be a platoon leader or finally raise your hand to be platoon doc. You guys came to play but didn't complain about stepping up out of a shooter role and into that command-chain role. So thank you guys for that as well.

As soon as we got on the field I had to form everyone up to see who we had and so everyone could see who their platoon leader, squad leader, CLS, doc, and CO were. I know you guys want to mill around and chat, but it helps me out as much as you guys to just put into perspective who is where, and it is a good time to run down the objective list so you know what to expect. Thank you, all my Russian Forces, for putting up with me lining you up and listening.

To my very favorite Russian squad: you were late. Again. That was when squad 6 started having problems. I don't know why, and it doesn't matter now, but radio channels, chain of command, squad-mate introductions, everything happened before you got on the field. We made do, but it was rough. I love having you guys on my side because you fight well and bring a very fun role player aspect to the Russian team, but as your CO, I just need you to be a little earlier.

After game started and everyone was on the field, each platoon had one objective per squad and each squad busted their backsides fighting for those objectives. Finding the Rouge Rangers in our back yard respawning was too close for me, so I offered Killjoy (mini-Styles) an ultimatum: work with us or go to Russian Prison. They chose wisely. Throughout the morning, we completed 1.5/3 Primary missions and 4/4 secondary. Certainly a good start!

After lunch we formed up once more, then split up for the extra realistic Russian Dressed fighters to go on their march of death, which unfortunately split us up awkwardly and made it difficult for squads to re-unite, and after a few hitches including some well-timed air strikes, we were able to complete 3/3 Primary Objectives and 2/4 Secondary Objectives. I'm happy with that.

The last airstike by the Rangers that took out the village (4 grid squares at ~75% annihilation) I finally saw BB's fly on my way back to the village after spawning on Jonah and witnessed my first real firefight of the day at about 1715 hrs until EndEx: the battle for Captain Styles. No matter what happened before that, that fight felt like the one and only objective for the entire day that mattered, and we were just able to hold the US forces off through EndEx. I believe that had the Rangers had another 15 minutes or so, they would have had the Captain and the entire village. It was a very good fight.

So Glitch, I'm proud of you and all my Russian Forces. For that, you win. Well done, comrades. Cody and Killjoy, it was nice having you sort-of on our side. I was nervous all day about a mutiny, even after being assured it would not be allowed, so thank you guys for honoring that.

And to all the Rangers, wherever you were, whatever your orders were, you were giving my boys (and girls) hell out there, making our job as difficult as it could be. So in that, you were doing a good job and held the spirit of whatever orders you ought to have had, whether or not you knew it.

Jonah, Rygar, Tiimelord/Mermaid/Phil, etc, etc, etc, you guys did a great job yet again, especially how quickly we were able to contact you face-to-face and address any and all issues and you enabled a great game to play out. Thanks!

For the rules, I love semi-auto only. Without it, the ammo drops would have been too little too late and nobody would have had any ammo left to take the crates. The Ranger Rules can be challenging, but I believe as people get used to seeing them and using them they will become easier to follow and understand. I really like the Garrison rule because it almost ensured defenders at HQ 100% of the time (almost) and that also meant I always had company. It keeps me from having to order a full squad to defend HQ except for the first half hour or so. Only problem is when one or two guys keep fighting or wandering around when the rest of the squad is waiting. Again, with more use, this will be easier for everyone to play. Keep up the creative ideas, we'll keep the good ones and fix the bad ones!

Last edited by Link; 07-24-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:51 PM

Glitch is a Private First Class
I'll fight for ya anytime Link. It's always a great milsim experience when you have a CO who is effective and able to command the attention of his men. Two thumbs WAY up for Link! And congrats to all my Russian brothers for pulling out a W.

It's like I have money one day, and the next day it's hey look at this new airsoft thingy take my money.

Be the change you want to see in this community.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:50 PM

iamDeath is a Private
I had great fun, except for squad 5's half hour trek around the bog to take the LZ. The defense of the LZ during the first half against a massive ranger assault was also crazy. The doorway I was standing in provided so little cover I had to press myself as far up against the wall as possible to avoid getting nailed by the whole enemy squad right outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Powered Weaponry Classifieds View Post
If it uses compressed gas as a form of propulsion, this is the place for it. *This does not include your Uncle Bob.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:58 PM

brian/voodoo is a Private
First off i was apart of the 75th and I had a lot of fun at this event I came in with mixed emotions after giving the rules and player pack a good once over. I'm usually pretty sketchy about going to events that have a ton of rules because they never seem to pan out in the end. I do agree with the event feeling more like an open play a little more organization from the event organizers could have gone a long way. Moveable objectives or just more objectives in general,would have been awesome.

There was a def. Lack of comms on the tan side about what our objectives were which was pretty bummer because we spent a lot of time in stagnant positions wondering wtf to do.

I will say I loved the semi auto rule I'm usually not a fan of it but I think it worked really well at this event and would like to see more of it. But try to implement the SAW rules a lil differently not sure how you would do this but guys just walking down the road holding the trigger isn't exactly "milsim" nor what I think the organizers had in mind. That kind of ruined of few engagements for me and I know got a few tempers running due to extremely heavy trigger fingers... Yelling I'm sorry at someone while still shooting them on full auto from about 10 feet away would get a rise out of me. ....

But I'm looking forward to see what comes up next!

Also to the platoon leader on the 75th who is missing the tornado grenade pin I have one for you shoot me a pm I believe your name was RJ!
Old 07-28-2014, 09:35 PM

JMDECC is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiimelord View Post
Video will be edited and posted throughout the week. Stay Tuned.
Any update on the videos? Excited to see those.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:01 PM

The Jaybird is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDECC View Post
Any update on the videos? Excited to see those.
I'll second this. And sorry about being late, Link- it won't happen again.

I've already had my team sign a No Fast-Food Breakfast Before OPs EVER Again contract
Old 07-29-2014, 03:49 PM

JMDECC is a Private
Quote:
I've already had my team sign a No Fast-Food Breakfast Before OPs EVER Again contract
What about a "no italian food the night before an op" contract? Thinking back to sidewinder....
Old 07-29-2014, 08:12 PM

The Jaybird is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDECC View Post
What about a "no italian food the night before an op" contract? Thinking back to sidewinder....
Now THAT was devastating.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:56 PM

Tiimelord is a Private
I am working on videos. I do apologize for the wait. Had to make a trip up to Columbus this week and have not had time to edit. Stay tuned, as I will post as soon as it is ready!
~ Ephesians 6:10-20 ~
OP: Threshold. OP: Crucible. OP: Dark Horizon. OP: Sidewinder (OOBI) OP: Crucible III (OOBI)

Check out my YouTube Channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TiiMELORDHD

Proud transexual... And loves Rowdy.
Rowdy loves you too fil
Old 08-02-2014, 06:14 AM

Killjoy is a Private
Not sure if you guys saw in my previous post, but we have a pretty solid Diamondback video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUfrTfj0KHQ
Warning: The language isn't bleeped.

Task Force Facebook Page (Like it up!): www.facebook.com/TaskForceELITEAirsoftTeam

Task Force Youtube (Subscribe):
www.youtube.com/user/KILLJOYAirsoftOhio
Old 08-02-2014, 07:05 PM

kismet is a Private
That was my first milsim game other than night ops and i had a blast. I was the aforementioned kid shot to tears (not that i would characterize it like that but anyway) my own fault for not having a kill rag. Some lucky BB managed to hit right between the armor and backpack on my shoulder blade (which hurt a lot). It was a nice gesture though. There was a lot of over shooting, shooting at the same spot multiple times after hearing Hit from that spot ten times. I would say the command and control was completely jacked up on the tan side. I think that was because the commander was given command that morning. The Semi-auto rule was a great deal of fun but i do see the problem with the "Juggernaut" SAW gunners. Maybe a rule change along the lines of no more than 20 shot bursts unless the gun is in a "fire Position". The reffing was great i don't think i was ever more than 50 meters from a ref. They were there when needed but otherwise invisible. I was in a good team who new what they were doing and had a lot of fun at a great game with a bunch of great guys
Old 08-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Airsoft Prophet

RotaryProphet is a Private
The saws are already handicapped by being limited to 1500 rounds -- Just 75 seconds of fire for an average saw. Saws are designed to put down sustained fire so as to discourage the guy at the other end from doing his job, it's not designed for killing people. If you're killing people with a saw, something has already gone wrong.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:16 PM

buckeyerev is a Private
Garrison rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post
I really like the Garrison rule because it almost ensured defenders at HQ 100% of the time (almost) and that also meant I always had company. It keeps me from having to order a full squad to defend HQ except for the first half hour or so.
Great perspective Link! I hadn't really thought about that angle.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: