Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 06-28-2014, 06:48 PM

snipe is a Private
Send a message via AIM to snipe
AAR: Operation Knee Deep (Open Play 163)

So i think this is the first time I've ever posted one of these lol. But this one earned it!

This was a freaking TOP NOTCH day! I want to thank everybody who came because that was some of the best sportsmanship I've seen in a long time. Never once did i hear of hit calling issues, and with the insane humidity and goggle fogging i never heard a tamper flare.

Green definitely gave us a run for our money today and put up a pretty dang good gun fight!

To all the guys that rolled with me today, keep up the good work gents.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:14 PM

DrenneR is a Private
tan team master race!

Pretty insane day, first time at Springfield. I don't think i've ever been so exhausted
that I didn't want to play anymore airsoft. I normally come home still ready to play more.
defiantly worth 25 bucks!

Blade is awesome, snipe did a good job taking over after that thunder b incident.
awesome day.

What was the total # of players today?
our picture for day

DRENNER
OMG05
Ohio Milsim Group
https://www.facebook.com/Ohiomilsimgroup
Old 06-29-2014, 11:36 AM

Tiimelord is a Private
Thank you Blade for hosting the event, and to everyone who made it out, a bigger thank you for the awesome day of PewPewz!

The day started off on a bit of a rough patch, but we got everything squared away with our gear and made it out to the field. As this was my first time, I didn't know what to expect other than what people told me. I must say I love this field!

The humidity in the morning sucked, but I'm glad we went to the Airfield and played there for a while. Only quarrel with the Airfield game in the morning was the long walk of shame back to spawn on the tan side. That building needs to be closer LOL.

Lunch time came around and let me tell ya, for anyone viewing this thread, the pulled pork sandwiches alone should be reason enough to come to these games; they are sooooooo good.

Afternoon scenarios were nothing short of awesome either. Attack and Defend at Brown Town started off a little slow, but once the defenders started dropping like flies, we quickly came under a barrage of BBz at the tower. When it was finally down to just two of us, the Attackers stormed the two story, as we made our last defense. One thunder b came in from the stairs and I let out a sigh of relief as it fizzed to a dud. A second one (which I was totally not prepared for) came it quickly after that, and as I was laying prone next to the staircase, I had little time to react. I attempted to cover my face to no avail, as the Thunder B proceeded to blow up closely to my head (I'll post the video when I can, and link it in this post). I've never experienced something so loud or -literally- mind boggling. Thank you to Snipe, Blade, and Joker for assisting me throughout the entire incident.

After resting for a couple of hours, I went once again back into the fray. We wrapped up the day with some small Team vs Team games (single mag Lone Survivor type stuff) and that was a lot of fun. I definitely enjoy the dynamics of the Airfield (want moar buildings!).

When it comes to the PolarStar System, for (MOST of) the field a 350 FPS limit is quite fine. I don't think we had engagements at any point in the day farther than 250 feet. I ran my setup at 300 FPS (with .2s) and used .3s all day. I got ranges of up to 250 feet consistently, and had quite a good amount of accuracy. I would have liked to raise my pressure up to test today, but did not get the chance (nor did I see a need) to. Blade, let me know if you are going to continue to experiment, as I would love to test and get better results out of my system. Big Caveat here: For those of you who have little to no experience/knowledge of the system, don't hesitate to educate yourself. I don't need to go in to details, but I feel that if many other players became educated enough to encourage and attempt to cease the abuse of the system, then the community could become more accepting of this system (as well as any others which have not been introduced yet). I am glad that Blade is working with PolarStar users in order to find out what works well for everyone.

Super awesome day of Airsoft, even with my head injury (ice and Ibuprofen work wonders). Sportsmanship was top notch, and it seemed to me like everyone had a good time. Hoot, Snipe, thanks for letting us rock a squad, we'll definitely have to do that again. Videos to come!
~ Ephesians 6:10-20 ~
OP: Threshold. OP: Crucible. OP: Dark Horizon. OP: Sidewinder (OOBI) OP: Crucible III (OOBI)

Check out my YouTube Channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TiiMELORDHD

Proud transexual... And loves Rowdy.
Rowdy loves you too fil
Old 06-29-2014, 02:06 PM
Pro Communitus

Red is a CorporalRed is a CorporalRed is a Corporal
event was horrible. never going back.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:52 PM

DrenneR is a Private
ps: if anyone found a glock mag that would be mine

DRENNER
OMG05
Ohio Milsim Group
https://www.facebook.com/Ohiomilsimgroup
Old 06-29-2014, 05:13 PM
The Blacksmith

Yawger20 is a Private
Great time had. Mosquito bites on my face and all. Wonderful sportsmanship by all teams involved and Blade did a wonderful job organizing everything due to 80 % of the players showing up in MC. Teams everyone did a good job recognizing which team you were on as well. I'm wearing a citranella candle around my neck

-----------------------
Last Name: Yawger
Call Sign: Frostbite
Old 06-30-2014, 03:20 PM

Tiimelord is a Private
Here's some video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWO4ZgM8EVE
~ Ephesians 6:10-20 ~
OP: Threshold. OP: Crucible. OP: Dark Horizon. OP: Sidewinder (OOBI) OP: Crucible III (OOBI)

Check out my YouTube Channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TiiMELORDHD

Proud transexual... And loves Rowdy.
Rowdy loves you too fil

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: