Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 05-26-2014, 07:53 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
Okay, after some much needed down time and recharging with the family (X-Men Days of Future Past, Bob Evans and a good rousing game of LoTR monopoly) I am ready to put up my AAR.

Crucible for me is one of the most fun events to write, organize and run and seeing that so many of you had a great time makes all the hard work that goes into it completely worth it.

First I would like to thank the 118 players from 7 different states who spent 24 (and in some cases 48 hours for the recon guys) on the mountain and stuck it out to the end. You guys are why we do this and the players assembled were some tough determined individuals.

Second and equally important are the staff that make events like this possible. Without Jordan, Jay, Cody, Sky, Nelson, Morgan, Rygar, Katie and Wrath stepping in when needed this event could not have happened. Every one of these individuals is responsible for making this event what it was and more. I am as always in your debt for being aces especially when things get tough.

I would also like to extend a hearty thanks to Cody and his grandparents whose amazing field served as the backdrop of the most intense 24 hour airsoft experience I believe I've seen to date.

We had a few minor injuries, ankles and knees but all were able to be resolved quickly and I hope all of you recover speedily! I would also like to thank the players who showed flexibility and adaptability when we had to stop play for 40 minutes to locate a missing player. I know it caused some confusion but player safety comes first and all of you showed willingness to stand down for one of your own to make sure he was located and all players were accounted for.

This was the largest Crucible to date and without a doubt the most challenging and again, just a shout out to the individuals who stuck it out and embraced the suck. Before the final point breakdown I want to say that while the points serve as guiding us to a "victor", everyone did an amazing job and nobody should feel like they didn't kick *** all weekend.

IAC - Bupanda you led your multicam laden hordes to constant fire fights and brutal defenses of what was yours. Even though your admin had to leave half way through due to a player he brought having a family emergency Wrath stepped it up and you guys gritted it out. Final points - 3400

UCA - Prophet you and the rest of your crew as always were a pleasure to be the admin for. Your building skills and dedication to playing with tenacity and honor are a testament to this sport. No enemy stepped foot in your HQ and needless to say the house was protected. Final points - 3600

ESA - Jay your faction was the youngest and the fewest in numbers but from all I am told you guys were a constant thorn in the side of anyone you ran across. From smart tactics to rugged determination you showed that just because the ESA had no presence last year they will be a force to be feared for years to come. Final points - 3850

UET - Nagly while there was some confusion about your base location your guys were willing to correct the issue quickly and without complaint. Your forces from what I am told were all over the place and while you didn't win every engagement your strategy of distraction payed off with the UET claiming well over 1/4 of the resources on the field, most of which being in the final phase when they were worth double points. Final points - 5675

Every dynasty must come to an end and this year a new Crucible Champion has been crowned. God save the King, and glory and victory to the United European Territories.

I do have to address one negative event that saddens me greatly. In the morning of the second day a player was forced to leave play for the remainder of the event due to his actions and physically contacting another player as well as kicking other players property in anger. The event has been handled and that player will not be welcome at other Out of the Box Events. There is no room for abusive language let alone physical contact and potential destruction of property at our events.

I hope you all had as much fun running in this event as we did running it for you. I hope to see you all as well as those of you who missed it at Crucible 4 next year.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:13 PM

buckeyerev is a Private
Jonah I hope that you will consider hosting the event at the same AO next year. It would be awesome to be able to build upon successes each year at the same locations. This venue by nature defines the very heart of Crucible. Thanks again for hosting such a great event!
Old 05-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Bandwidth waste

Icepick is a Private
Twas an honor to fight with the IAC and all of those men. CIII was my first milsim and it was INTENSE to say the least. I was one of the unlucky fellows to fall in s*** ( come on guys, bury it better), but I ended up coming back up the mountain the next morning at noon, only to find that endex was moved to 1300...

Anyways, REMEMBER CAMP SHATTERED HOPES AND DREAMS!
Icepick
IAC Recon and TF-871
Old 05-27-2014, 12:08 AM

Red7_A-T is a Private
I would like to thank Jonah and all the admins, as well as the dedicated players for making my first experience airsofting a whole lot of fun. The terrain was tough but added something to the event. (I say that now that it's done; I'm pretty sure at the time I was saying "This mountain sucks!")

I had a great time and am looking forward to my next outing, and even moreso to my next OOBI event.

...enemy armor scares me.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:41 AM

JMDECC is a Private
First and foremost, thank you Jonah and all of OOBI for making this an amazing event. I could not ask to attend a better game.

Secondly, thank you deuce for being such a great CO. You were awesome, and I really look forward to playing under you at Diamondback in July.

Thirdly, thank you to all the guys who played on ESA alongside me. By joining ESA, you essentially joined a broken, rejected faction that no one else had any love for. If I understand correctly, this was the first year that ESA was any kind of formidable force. There was a little over 20 on our entire team, making us the smallest team overall, but we still fought incredibly hard and were able to snag 2nd place, something I'm sure no one expected us of doing.

I feel like this picture symbolizes our faction perfectly, we are raising our flag at the beginning of a new era: the rise of ESA

I'll post a slightly more detailed AAR in the next couple of days, but until then I'd like to congratulate UET on there win and I look forward to seeing you all out there next year.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:17 PM

Forge is a Private
As always with OOBI, the event was amazing. I had so much fun with my cohorts in the UCA, although at some point I was forced to don my BDUs, and even pick up an M60 to rain death...
It says a lot about the roleplay quality of an airsoft event if what sticks in your head has nothing to do with actual trigger time, and par for the course, Jonah and OOBI delivered just that. I'd be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to the excellent men on the UCA build team... Tiimelord and Joe, you kept me laughing for a solid 48 hours; Tank, your dedication and hard work kept me constantly pushing through the headaches of trying to construct that giant monstrosity of a base; Ceasar and Buckle, I couldn't imagine doing any of that without you... To everyone else that pitched in with the last minute finishing of the building's roof, thank you so much.
Atlas was of course a pleasure to serve with, pushing far beyond the limits of our squishy out of shape bodies right to the (thankfully moved forward) endex... but I must give a special thanks to Jewie, who pushed himself harder than I thought possible. I am truly proud to call him my brother.
All of my brothers in arms did an amazing job, and although we didn't win (honestly if we had for the third time in a row the other factions may have just taken their toys and gone home) we fought with honor and integrity, and in the end that's what really matters.
To the other factions... Thank you for making this an amazing weekend, but beware... UCA will have our title back at Crucible 4...

- AFO ATLAS -
Old 05-27-2014, 01:27 PM

P y r o is a Private
Wow. This was my third time to the mountain, and by far the most rigorous. The back half of the field is freaking massive. I got half way through it during the recon portion and decided there was nothing over there worth seeing, and headed back. I have no doubt that OOBI could comfortably fit a thousand people onto the field and not have overcrowding issues in the slightest.

My experience started with a warm welcome from the OOBI crew; as always, it was a pleasure to see you all and everything ran smoothly. Jonah, thank you for your countless hours putting this together, and for the BB diploma. Sky, Nelson, Cody, Ruffy, Jay, Rygar - you are all wonderful humans, keep it up. Even if you want to murder me for moving your sandbags.

After hiking up the mountain, I set my stuff down and embarked on a hike with the goal of mapping every trail on the field. After some walking, I found UET's base and noticed it was out of bounds. I told them; they made fun of my map reading skills. Oh, the irony. Two hours and a sunburn later, I made it back and crashed at HQ, only to learn that the game started in half an hour.

Game start was pretty uneventful. My squad [PKM SKWAD] was tasked with guard duty, since we were laden with beautiful cosmoline powered machine guns. After some waiting, I decided it was time to "go on a mission," and we moved out to link up with SOKOL and IAC and rape some Europeans. After some stealthy hiking and treachery, we made it to UET's sector and basically walked past their FOB and into their HQ. At this point, my PKM barrel decided to jam, rendering me combat ineffective. I retreated with Jordan, who almost died of asphyxiation after inhaling most of a smoke grenade.

Then came the best part: dinner. Jordan procured our glorious Savior, the almighty Ghetto Cooker, glory to His Name. After a swift and decisive battle, Ghetto Cooker roared like a jet engine and instantaneously boiled delicious Chicken Gumbo. Immediately after said Gumbo was removed, the Spirit of the Cooker left and we were unable to restart it. Jordan ate dehydrated Banana Surprise raw in a ritualistic attempt to bring Ghetto Cooker back, but was unsuccessful. He also was unsuccessful at keeping the camp fire going (dammit jordan) and decided sleeping on a cold mat was better than sleeping by a warm fire. Steel Pot Steve had stolen his sleeping bag earlier, and apparently pissed in it over night.

In the morning, UCA illegally attacked from the woods (not a main path) and Cody broke his own rules. Bronco and I gave chase in an attempt to regain our flag, but were too late.

This was my third Crucible and probably the best to date. ESA guys, you should be proud of your heroic BB accomplishments, trumping both the puny Americans with their plywood structures and the Asians with their prettyboy Multicam. You outgunned, out ran, and basically out did them at everything possible. Congratulations to UET on your victory, but be prepared for a swift kick in the nads next year, courtesy of PKM SKWAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
LOLKWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
I love stalking someone through the creek and taking people out who didn't know a fat man could get so skinny unless it was to get some pie that was just out of reach.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:55 PM

X4N43X is a Private
I had a blast, made some great new friends, and will never forget my first Crucible! Be prepared to see "Tank" at every Crucible being indestructible!

Forge, Buckle, Ceasar, Timelord(Jimmy), Specter(Leverage) and all the UCA Recon team I'm proud to have taken to the field next to such hard workers!

Last edited by X4N43X; 05-27-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:13 PM

Osprey is a Private
That was by far the most intense and rigorous airsoft event I have ever attended. This was my first Crucible and definitely will not be the last. Had an awesome time. Jonah you and your team did an excellent job with the event, thank you. And thank you to Bupanda for serving as our CO. I am proud to have served with the IAC.
Icepick, my dung brother, I feel your pain. Unfortunately I didn’t have a change of clothes so I had to take off early. Still this was by far the best experiance in arisoft to date. Favorit part was hiking all over the field for six hours to find our HQ. Icpick, Odin, Girim, couldn't have asked for a better recon team.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:05 PM

Jewbacca is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by P y r o View Post
In the morning, UCA illegally attacked from the woods (not a main path) and Cody broke his own rules. Bronco and I gave chase in an attempt to regain our flag, but were too late.
Wasn't the rule to stay within a certain distance of a main path only during nighttime? If they attacked in the morning... or is there some other rule I wasn't aware of?

I was an engineer. Attacking bases was outside of my radar.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Problem is, when night time ended? 5am was dark enough so no one knew where other players were.

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 05-27-2014, 04:43 PM

ExSoul is a Private
There is a path that wraps around the lower part of ESA base that is driven quite often but any ways all in all it was a fun weekend and I wish we had sum thing like that more than once a year.

"Damn few"

"That of which we allow to defeat us defines us, That which we over come against all odds, fear and expectations empowers us and designs us"
Old 05-27-2014, 05:46 PM

Grim-Deadpool is a Private
I didn't start actually feeling the burn afterwards until I went to work this morning and started lifting heavy things lol. This was my second crucible with the IAC and my favorite. I appreciate all the efforts made by everyone. Even though we came last, everyone pushed hard as hell and gave it your all. And even though just the climb out of our camp was enough to get most of you guys winded you still kept going up for more. I hope to see you guys there next year pushing just as hard.

Grim- TF-871
IAC Recon
Hoorah
Old 05-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Stephen Hawking

Swimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant Major
I cannot complain, it is always a great time!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:04 PM

The Jaybird is a Private
Crucible absolutely punished me, and I loved every second of it.

I, alongside another SOKOL, hiked it up the mountain for Recon operations. Special thanks to the guy whose name eludes me who gave us a ride over the river. The first thing we did when we hit the mountain was accidentally walk past our own base- but we were quickly rescued by our Comrades.

Before the sun came up, I saw nothing but sweat in my eyes, the glorious campfire, and five-star quality SOKOL Steak. When the sun came up, I saw that the other Recon guys had done a fantastic job of digging entrenchments, and we fell in and dug another two.

The main portion of the first day was spent mapping out the field, enemy bases, and guiding our Comrades into the base- before we deployed.

Aside from collecting resources, my first rotation was spent going to and defending the IAC base from the UCA's attacks (despite the fact that we were just there to trade some resources for a bomb that was purportedly to be detonated in our base). I met up with a lot of my buddies there, and we kicked *** and took names! Learned: Flanking down a mountain and then back up it is a lot harder than one would expect.

With no lull to speak of, we completed the trade after fending off three UCA pushes. We devised a plan to send our Comrade with the bomb to our base (where it would be relatively safe) while we, with some reinforcement from JMDECC and his group, attacked the UET alongside the IAC.

The fight on the UET base has become my new favorite Airsoft firefight. The smoke grenades and low fog provided the perfect concealment for Zdimorak (the SOKOL machinegunner) and I to cross through to the east-side bushes, where we popped in and out of view through the smoke and cleared out a surprising amount of opposition without being so much as fired at. As the battle raged on and we got more bold, I was tagged out, but quickly remedied by a "You Ain't Got No Legs, Lieutenant Dan!" card, and then by a medic. The battle was called off by a ref, so the ESA and IAC made a daring retreat back up the hill.

By this time, night had fallen. I had become so exhausted that I removed my shirt and wore my body armor raw, and laughed as UCA DMRs lobbed shots at us on our way to base.

Having gone the entire game without a break at this point, I got into a fresh shirt and took up a defense post in one of our beautiful trenches along with the rest of SOKOL. My body and mind (thanks, Steel-Pot) had been ravaged, and I slowly drifted into unconsciousness...

Until I was awoken by a twig-snap no more than ten feet away. Noting the "I give a f*ck about being quiet" tone of the "giving a f*ck" steps that no exhausted ESA member could produce, I spun around in my sleeping bag with my AK to eliminate a UET intruder. From there, all hell broke loose. I circumnavigated the base, eliminating UET members from behind until they retreated with our flag.

From that point on, I ran recon on a few spots until I was assigned to a splinter group aimed at taking out the UCA's FOB. A risky mid-forest meet-up with an IAC squad ensured that we could push up F*ck Mountain to the very doorstep of the UCA's base. We did capture the UCA FOB flag, but our runner was captured by UET on his way back to base.

After a quick respite at HQ, we were sent to Hill 2 to secure it for an hour. We lost comms on the too-quiet mountain (and actually ended up staying there for an hour and a half) until we heard a frantic Comrade urging us to return to base- we were under attack.

The Hill 2 SKWAD came in and cleared the opposition right out, most likely due to my "You've Got To Be F*cking Kidding Me, Are You Seeing This Guy?" charge (I had drawn a "Weakened" card and could not raise my weapon, so I charged like an actor in a hyper dramatic B-Movie version of Stalingrad) xD

From that point on, I maintained the security of our Glorious Headquarters Complex alongside my Comrades until Endex, where I stumbled down the mountain and across the stream to the car and then Bob Evans and home.

I still ache, and this morning I woke up Kalashni-Cuddling my pillow.

Cheers,
~Jay
Old 05-27-2014, 08:56 PM

bupanda is a Private
Guys, I had a blast! I enjoyed all of the action, even though I wasn't directly involved in some of our larger fights. We had a couple of issues but we were able to settle things like gentlemen. If OOTBI will allow, I would be honored to Command the IAC to victory in 2015!

Thanks for a great time everyone!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Airsoft Prophet

RotaryProphet is a Private
It's been a couple of days, and I've had time to process Operation Crucible 3.

I can honestly say I've never had a team work harder for me than this one -- When people slept or ate, they did it next to a rifle, and more often than not at our FOB instead of the base.

The runners on our recon team, who made the 1.4 mile uphill run to secure our base amaze me. I'd have made it 50 feet and had a heart attack.

The rest of the recon team carried 8 people's gear on 5 people, walked up the hill, constructed three buildings, dug foxholes, and strung deer netting, and then played 24 hours of Airsoft. Mind boggling. They were even good sports about building things while the rest of us endured the hardships of Operation Bob Evans.

The big change for this game as compared with the previous two years was the lack of assault on the base. Maybe it's just because last year the enemy seemed to be able to walk into our base like it was a freaking convenience store, but this year we decided enough was enough. A well placed HQ, a well placed FOB, and a dedicated guard team kept the enemy out of our base. In fact, despite many encounters at the FOB, only one dedicated push by two teams together managed to get past the FOB, but this was stopped short at least 500 feet from our HQ. I'll admit things looked shaky for a minute, but once Tiimelord got pissed off, no enemy stood before him. Also, if anyone has video of Caesar's underwear charge, I would very much like to have a copy.

Honestly, I was going to call out individual names for thanks, but it would have been the entire roster. Every single person on the team kicked ***, and even though we didn't win, I don't think there was any more anyone could have done; We got beaten fair, and I salute the industrious mother****s on the other teams. I hope to see the entire UCA team back next year for Crucible 4, where we get our title back.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:34 PM

Mothman is a Private
Part 1 of my AAR:

Things that burn:
Paper
Cardboard
Plastics

Things that don't burn:
Aluminum cans
Glass
Steel
Food cans
Propane tanks

Know the difference.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:50 PM

Tiimelord is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
We sent 6 total guys to link up with IAC and rip UCA a new one. Imm not sure what happened to all of the iac because only about 4-5 were present when we took the UCA FOB. Some more showed up for the UCA base assault, but I don't know what happened there either bcause it didn't seem like they were all there. Either way, we showed them the true power of the ESA. We proceeded to walk back to base, only to realize that the UCA FOB flag was stolen by UET. Saddened, Bronco and I went to go hold wellhead 2.
Lol Panda that was a good attempt to push on our base. But no one made it near the UCA base through the entire event (and no, Glitch, the probing doesn't count lol). The push from the ESA/IAC was halted by the incredible defense from the UCA and the terrain working to our advantage. That ravine was rough, and made it prime real estate to set up our command center. The defeat of the Allied ESA/IAC forces was the best firefight of the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDECC View Post

I feel like this picture symbolizes our faction perfectly, we are raising our flag at the beginning of a new era: the rise of ESA
As cool of a picture as this was, I must say that this flag was incredibly easily to steal. Noticed it flapping in the wind on our raid to the ESA base around 0430 on Sunday morning. The Claymore trap was clever, but it was quickly discovered and detonated a good 25 feet from the squad. Oh! Did I mention how cool the picture was?
~ Ephesians 6:10-20 ~
OP: Threshold. OP: Crucible. OP: Dark Horizon. OP: Sidewinder (OOBI) OP: Crucible III (OOBI)

Check out my YouTube Channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TiiMELORDHD

Proud transexual... And loves Rowdy.
Rowdy loves you too fil

Last edited by Tiimelord; 05-28-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:10 AM

Mothman is a Private
That claymore was a bit farther than that. it sounded like it was on the east side of the road, and it didn't blow until I had made it about 5 feet past the valve.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:20 AM
Baron VonYolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiimelord View Post

As cool of a picture as this was, I must say that this flag was incredibly easily to steal. Noticed it flapping in the wind on our raid to the ESA base around 0430 on Sunday morning.
It is easy to steal when you are not using legal paths (you were supposed to stay no further than 25ft from the road)

Awesome videos;
Old 05-29-2014, 08:14 AM

Tiimelord is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
It is easy to steal when you are not using legal paths (you were supposed to stay no further than 25ft from the road)
There was nothing illegal about it. The rule was 25 METERS (which is 75 feet) from the road during the night. Your FOB flag was next to a log, and hung on the the branch, as pictured, and leaned up against a fence post. The flag was barely 25 feet from the main road. And as for the assault on your HQ, I wasn't there, but the path lead almost directly to your base, no farther than 75 feet.
OP: Threshold. OP: Crucible. OP: Dark Horizon. OP: Sidewinder (OOBI) OP: Crucible III (OOBI)

Rowdy loves you too fil
Old 05-29-2014, 08:17 AM
Baron VonYolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiimelord View Post
There was nothing illegal about it. The rule was 25 METERS (which is 75 feet) from the road during the night. Your FOB flag was next to a log, and hung on the the branch, as pictured, and leaned up against a fence post. The flag was barely 25 feet from the main road. And as for the assault on your HQ, I wasn't there, but the path lead almost directly to your base, no farther than 75 feet.
25 Meters? My bad, I thought it was 25 Ft.....who the hell use Meters in the US?!?!

Awesome videos;
Old 05-29-2014, 10:17 AM
Airsoft Prophet

RotaryProphet is a Private
The mothman is metric
Old 05-29-2014, 10:56 AM

Tiimelord is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
25 Meters? My bad, I thought it was 25 Ft.....who the hell use Meters in the US?!?!

THAT'S WHAT I WAS JUST ABOUT TO EDIT IN MY POST!!! BLADE YOU READ MY MIND, IT'S A MURICAL! But seriously, it's because Americans don't like metric I guess.

And with that, I shall kick-start my AAR. Where, oh where, shall I begin? Well, with the beginning of course!

Started up bright and early on Friday morning to head to beautiful Sandyville, West Virginia. After a quick stop at McDonald's for breakfast (gotta love those Sausage McGriddles, and those hash browns, mmm), we made it to the field. At first, I didn't actually grasp how big the field was just by eyeing it from the staging area. I was only told how big it was, and I thought to myself, "man, that doesn't seem very big..." But then I was voluntold to be a runner for our Scout team, along with Yost93 (aka Joe, aka Septic), to run to our intended sector of operation. What sector, you ask? Sector 2, all the way back to the very end of the property on top of F*ck Mountain. Needless to say, I was not prepared in the slightest for this run; worn out gym shoes and jeans made the trek rather interesting. But Joe and I prevailed, and we pushed each other up that mountain, and radioed in the call to the admins that UCA had claimed Sector 2. It was then, at that moment, I realized just how big this AO was. Easily a few square miles, and easily the biggest field I've played on (I feel bad for the IAC as their HQ was set up in a ravine, having to trek up hill to get to any other base).

After the run was completed, we secured our location for our FOB (which had one of the best views in the entire state of West Virginia). The build team arrived on site shortly after we had secured a good spot for our HQ. Prophet and the rest of the build crew had arrived with the building materials and we quickly went to work. Throughout the day on Friday, and working hard into the night, managed to erect a 12'x16' building complete with flooring before lights out. (HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED WITH THE BUILD CREW, WE COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU). Along with our Atlas building, we were able to construct 2 guard shacks to place at different points in our AO. These defenses proved incredibly valuable throughout the event.

Saturday morning rolled around, and we were up at the crack of dawn. Ready to get the day started, we were treated to an outstanding, freshly cooked bacon and egg breakfast (Thank you Forge, for providing me with such a delectable meal). Full of motivation, we quickly went to work, putting the trusses on to the building to build the roof. During this time, Scouting had occurred throughout the day on Friday, and in the morning on Saturday. To Barkeep, Czyznik, and anyone else who scouted for our Faction, thank you, as you provided loads of critical information regarding locations of enemy factions and resources. The event would not have gone so smoothly without your information. The rest of the factions had deployed and headed up to their bases in the early afternoon, and we were still making headway on the roof. Everyone had arrived at the base, and by the look on everyone's faces, it seemed like they enjoyed the walk up the mountain! The time for Game On had arrived, and the build team was still working on the roof, but we finished shortly afterwards. The building looked absolutely fantastic, will someone please post pictures to the thread? k thanks. After basking in the wonder of what was our HQ, we took a much needed break and prepared our gear, while the remainder of the faction was out completing objectives, and gaining resources.

The remainder of Saturday was quite slow, the phases seemed to drag on. Only action we saw were engineers returning to base with resources, and scouts carrying information from engagements throughout the field. I loaded up to scout and was picked up by a squad that was working on assaulting the IAC FOB. As we came under fire, I saw the alliance between the ESA and the IAC. After Raining down fire upon the IAC from atop the ridge next to their FOB, I came into a discrepancy with the IAC. Long story short, and after a quick discussion with Rygar (who was very understanding during the incident), we had come to a solid agreement. For the record, Jonah, if we play there again, I vote that entire ridgeline to be out of play (numerous safety hazards along with geological confusion make it very risky in some places). I was then captured and taken back to the IAC base, to be greeted with Oreos (THANK YOU RYGAR!) and friendly faces. To the IAC, your hospitality was phenomenal, and for that I thank you.

After returning to base, the remainder of the evening went quickly, and for the most part, quietly. I was able to get some shuteye for a couple of hours in preparation for an early morning night mission. I was awoken throughout my rest from bursts of fire that came from our rear Guard Shack, as they thought they had engaged contact on our rear. 0330 Sunday morning came quickly, and I was awoken and quickly geared up for the night mission. I waited by the FOB and watched as the fog rolled in, creepy and eerie in all it's wonder. It felt like I was in a horror movie, visibility cut by 60 percent, only thing visible was the lights shining through the fog down the mountain. MothMan rallied us up and lead us in a small squad of about ten down the mountain towards the ESA base, as to cripple them for allying with the IAC and stabbing us in the back. It took nearly a hour to walk silently down the mountain, and as we approached the ESA FOB, I noticed something fluttering in the wind; the FOB flag (had the wind not been blowing that morning, I almost definitely would not have noticed it). The squad actually walked past it, and as I would look on a swivel, I noticed the flag waving in front of the trees. The ESA Flag, which has been pictured in the thread, was secured to a ~15' tree branch, and had been booby trapped, however, not very securely. No one from our squad was in radius of the claymore. As we removed the flag, MothMan sent myself and one other from our squad as runners back to base. I was not able to witness the remainder of the squad infiltrate and then successfully capture the ESA Base flag. lolumad Pyro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P y r o View Post

... ESA guys, you should be proud of your heroic BB accomplishments, trumping both the puny Americans with their plywood structures and the Asians with their prettyboy Multicam. You outgunned, out ran, and basically out did them at everything possible...
It was definitely not illegal. 25 Meters is quite different than 25 feet. Also, ESA seemed to get smacked around all weekend, including your unsuccessful attempt to reach the UCA base. Without the help of your allies, the IAC, you would have had a much harder time taking our FOB.

As morning continued, I stopped at our FOB to watch the sun rise light up the valley, and take in the entire scene (should have gotten a time lapse). MothMan approached the base shortly after, returning with the ESA flag. Shortly after, we received word from scouts that a huge offensive was going to be mounted against our Faction, in retaliation for securing the ESA's valuable property. The FOB came under fire, and we mounted our defenses valiantly. The IAC came from our right, the ESA from our left; at least 45 troops had began to overrun our FOB as we fell back to the base. After our wounded were tended, we were able to rally up and hold both the IAC and ESA after a wonderful defensive push from the UCA throughout the ravine. Nothing came close to our base (and to the guy who said he was putting rounds in to our base from 600' with a SAW... LOL). The UCA counteroffensive was the best firefight of the entire event. Sure, the ESA might have managed to steal our FOB flag, but I find it funny that a small squad of UET soldiers intercepted and gladly returned our flag.We secured prisoners from both factions; medics, rifleman, and support gunners alike, and escorted them to our base. The ESA and IAC ran back to their bases, scared, and with their tails between their legs after their defeat.

Caesar, you single handedly embarrassed the opposing faction by dominating them with your superior firepower, all whilst wearing your undies. Fantastic job to you sir. Forge, way to terrify. I was scared for the enemy. To my Comrades of the UCA, way to push them back and annihilate their offensive.

After realizing the true nature of the UCA, they never returned. That firefight had to be the highlight of my weekend. After that engagement, I was so low on energy that I could barely move, and I was pretty much done for the remainder of the day. Likewise, so were some from the other factions. Endex was moved hours in advance, and the remainder of our engineers continued to fetch resources and complete objectives. As the game came to a close, I thought that our Faction had done an outstanding job.

Cleanup started, and from what I saw, everyone at the base policed their areas well. One thing to remember guys, this place is not our home. Don't trash it like one, and take care of it. The ride home was both relieving, and saddening. I didn't want to go, I didn't want to stop playing, but I was exhausted. We stopped at Ponderosa Steakhouse to eat. It makes me wonder how this chain went out of business in our area.

I would like to thank Jonah, and the Staff of OOBI for organizing this fantastic event! There were some issues throughout the day, but that didn't stop anyone from having fun. We couldn't have asked for better weather, either. No rain, beautiful sunlight, a little warm but it was perfect! To my brothers on Atlas, as always, thanks for having me. I love running with you guys. Forge and Valk, thanks for the ride, and providing hours of entertainment while we endured that long drive home. Hey Caesar, Hey, Hey, Hey Caesar. Lol, way to put in work. Prophet, your guidance and command throughout the event was outstanding, except for the part where you went to Bob Evans. But I don't care, my bacon was better. Barkeep, thanks for the early scouting, and to Biscuit and Jewbacca, way to bring in those resources, along with all of our other engineers. To Borris, Bain and Buckle, way to keep us moving. Teamwork was crucial for this event, and you all performed well, pushing yourselves and continuing to fight. To all of the UCA, out-f*cking-standing job this weekend. 100% Attrition rate (meaning no dropped players due to injury, illness, etc.), everyone stayed in it. Way to stay motivated throughout the entirety of the weekend. Your motivation is what pushed me to continue through it all. Well done, UCA. Two outta Three ain't bad. We will reclaim our title at Crucible IV!

Rowdy loves you too fil

Last edited by Tiimelord; 05-29-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: