Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 10-20-2011, 11:58 AM

Travis is a Private
ECHO 1 AUG full firing problem

hey guys,

I just bought an Echo 1 AUG used for 35 bucks with the intentions of fixing it and I'm new at this so ya, please help. the problem is that when i pull the trigger i can hear the motor try to cycle (8.4v battery and good wiring and fuse) and sometimes it will shoot on semi, no matter how hard or soft i pull the trigger. So i took the gear box out of the body to see if my trigger contacts were all screwy but nothing seemed wrong, so i plugged in the battery with the gearbox still out and pulled the trigger and it worked like a charm, full auto semi auto everything was perfect. I put it back into the body and same problem, the motor would try to cycle and i would get a shot off every other time i pull the trigger.this leads me to believe it is something with the plastic trigger mechanism that you actually pull that pushes on the real trigger mechanism on the gearbox, if anyone has had this problem and knows a solution i would be very happy to hear it thank you!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:05 PM

Rygar is a Private
if the motor seemed to do fine outside of the body, and has problems when put back in, not so sure it's a trigger problem. when it doesn't fire, does it sound like it's trying to fire? It could be the spring is too much, the motor doesn't have enough torque to compress the spring, or it could be the gears binding up inside. lots of things it could be. I'm more of a hands on kind of person, so knowing exactly what it is from reading is difficult for me. Those are the things I would rule out though when looking at it.
-------------------------
" Just to quell the rumors..I did NOT bury my wife under the house so I could come back out and play...........She's under the shed. J/k" --also Me.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:14 PM

Travis is a Private
No, the whole gearbox fires perfectly when out of the body not just the motor, the gears all run quiet and smoothly and the thing shoots on full and semi, just not when I put it back into the gun
Old 10-20-2011, 01:10 PM

79stang is a Private
Have you tried adjusting your motor height to make sure that it is correct? It sounds like your motor is so far up that it is not allowing the gears to spin.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 10-20-2011, 01:20 PM

Travis is a Private
I'll try that, but why would the gear box fire perfect when out of its body?
Old 10-20-2011, 02:05 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
My UMG was doing that same thing. I figured out one of the wires got pinched and when it was out, the wires were contacting each other and firing fine. But when it was in the wires were not in contact, thus no firing.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:29 PM

dubbs is a Recruit Private
Having working on an aug numerous times, I would try and find a way to remove the trigger assembly, once then, check for cracked plastic and stuff. Since it is only a trigger, if you find a crack, dont try and find a new assembly, they arent there. Just snip plastic off something else and use some sort of superglue to replace it.

I doubt of any wiring issue.
I'm not drinking your Koolaid.
INGINE: Just don't think about the game
Me: Its not that easy, Its not something I can focus on winning, if I focus on winning, I lose.
INGINE: Just think of glorious boobage, games are for chumps.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:09 PM

Travis is a Private
Do you know the best way to take it out? I tried last night but it felt like the only way to take it out of the stock was to break it or the stock, which is undesirable.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:51 PM

Take a flashlight to it and look closely for a screw, inspect the very end of the place where the trigger touches the assembly carefully.
I sold my old aug to a friend so I wish I had something to inspect and diagnose.

But if there is no way you can get into it, unsrew the pins that keep the two halves of the butt-stock tight (not the motor plate behind the rubber butt-plate). You may be able to pry it open a little farther and get a better look.

Also, try putting a little scotch tape or something where the trigger touches the assembly, it may be a millimeter to short from wear and tear. Or put it on the gearbox trigger.
Me: Its not that easy, Its not something I can focus on winning, if I focus on winning, I lose.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:07 PM

dankal is a Private
Most likely a wire pinch, Or bad motor height. Had same problem. Unscrew the motor all the way, and then slowly work it in.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:50 PM

Koala is a Recruit Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankal View Post
Most likely a wire pinch, Or bad motor height. Had same problem. Unscrew the motor all the way, and then slowly work it in.
^ This..............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Expectations...slowly...dwindling...

Hopes and dreams...crushing....
Old 10-21-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankal View Post
If its bad motor height, you should find a small, cheap plastic disk. Inside the cage, and under the motor. If it is cracked or anything, you could probably glue it back together with some glue. If worn down, you could experiment with heights with small cuts of paper.

Tags
aug, echo 1, full auto, problem, semi

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: