Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 12-19-2013, 10:27 PM

MiaoMeow is a Private
So if we're playing as on the American team, can we use an AK and say we "picked it off some guy named Charlie" or vice versa? Or can we only use the weapons issued by the respective factions?
Old 12-19-2013, 11:05 PM

Ruffy is a Private
You can only use your respective factions weapons of that era

"It is a proven fact that you cannot idiot proof anything due to Mother Nature's ability to constantly upgrade the common idiot
Old 12-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Blood View Post
What are the specs for squad formation now that you mention it? Like when are we forming up or will we be designated at the event itself?
Mothman is the US commander, Ruffy the VC commander. We encourage all players to get in contact with their respective commander before the event so you know your assignment. The Out of the Box website is currently undergoing a makeover so we'll soon have a better place for event-specific team planning discussions that satisfy everyone's concern for accessibility and opsec.

"taste [as opposed to reason] has a productive faculty, and gilding and staining all natural objects with the colours, borrowed from internal sentiment, raises in a manner a new creation” (Hume [1751] 1983: 88)

http://www.outoftheboxindustries.com
Old 12-26-2013, 10:33 AM

Teddy Bear is a Recruit Private
Hell Yeah!
Loo like this huge chubby scotsman needs to get his NVA loadout out of the closet!
can't wait!

When I grow old and tired, I want to move to Scotland to see the Penguins and live where the Palm Trees grow.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:31 AM

slowridn73 is a Private
Looking forward to taking leave for this game, I have been waiting for something like this for a long time!

I have permission to start up a SEAL/LRRP squad(the decision to go as SEALS or LRRP will most likely depend on the uniforms everyone can get a hold of) for this game and am looking for some extra bodies to fill up some spots.

This is not going to be a rambo squad, I want to make that very clear. Although I dont know what the missions will be I am going to build this squad as a recon and special mission support team. What this means is I am looking for people who have no interest in their kill count and every interest in ensuring the team as a whole has everything they need to win.

I am looking for 4 more members, military training is preferred, physically fit and with good instincts in regards to evasion/stalking/reconnaissance. To give you an idea of what Im looking for I have 2 marines coming from Virginia who are presidential security with infantry training as well as special weapons and tactics, land nav, and escape and evasion.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:08 AM

55555 is a Private
Looks like a cool event, will try to make it. I could go VC, SOG or regular U.S. infantry but will know for sure when it is sooner
Old 01-16-2014, 12:04 PM

WhiteRook is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruntmike54 View Post
Any G.I.'s want to put together a Infantry Squad for this event. Maybe do one training day before going? Basic Infantry skills.Share rides?
I'm with you! As of today, I'm a go ... work & life might get in they way ... but for now ... I'm a go!
Old 01-16-2014, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Carbon is Currently being Court Martialled
Only if I had Vietnam equipment. This would be really cool to play.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
I've received quite a lot of questions about "Would my gun _____ be allowed at the event."

If you take a picture and show me what you're using, that would make my job much easier.
However, the rule of thumb here is whether your airsoft gun passes an "eye test" at, say, 20 yards. With that rule in place, your wood-stock AK-74, though technically incorrect, would still be allowed since it's very difficult to distinguish between the "correct" AKM/AK47.

Your vanilla M4A1 will pass the eye test compared to the "correct" CAR-15 or XM177.

"taste [as opposed to reason] has a productive faculty, and gilding and staining all natural objects with the colours, borrowed from internal sentiment, raises in a manner a new creation” (Hume [1751] 1983: 88)

Old 04-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
Thanks to 55555 for showing off his VC loadout at Operation Artic Fox this weekend. For those looking for an example, this is a more than acceptable set of gear for Black Mountain.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/grk35wgxr5...405_124846.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nltgv0j8dl...405_124852.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy8kuqxbev...405_124906.jpg

Last edited by Sky; 04-07-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:44 PM

55555 is a Private
Looks like I may be able to go and one person on my team has an AK74u, would that be acceptable for the VC team?
Old 04-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Enlightened Despot

Sky is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55555 View Post
Looks like I may be able to go and one person on my team has an AK74u, would that be acceptable for the VC team?
Yes - that passes the eye test. This event isn't a strict "reenactment" so if the 74u is the difference between a player being able to go and not being to go - don't sweat it. Just avoid using the "tactical" AK's

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: