Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 07-10-2011, 07:54 AM

runner3 is a Private
Hi Cap

Hey guys, I know and obviously everyone on here knows that a lot of tournaments held are mid caps only for increased realism. Nothing wrong with that at all, I love it. But I was wondering, I have the CYMA .030 AEP Glock and I know they make "hi caps" for them. The are more like extended mags and I am just wondering if they would be allowed in mid cap only tourneys. Let me know and thanks for the help.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:23 AM

maglips is a Private
As long as it is a non-winding mag it will be fine.

Airsoft events aren't really tournaments though, there are no prizes, and alot of the time, not even a declared winner. They are just games and are for fun and freindly competition.

Stay in school and you'll do great! And don't forget your vegetables either! - Scorpion
Old 07-10-2011, 10:15 AM

Spetsnaz is a Private
Also, for you down the road before there is any confusion. Like maglips said, Hi-Cap in our sense means any mag with a winding function (Manual or electronic.) However. If sometime down the road (I do not recommend right away!) If you decide to pick up a SAW of some sort (M249, M240, M60, RPK, etc) Those are the only guns on the field allowed to have 'hicaps'.

Let me warn you that have a large capacity mag on a Glock is not only awkward but easy to lose. Make sure you mark that mag with something like with a strange or orange tape or something. Trust me. The second it hits the forest floor it will disappear. They also have a tendency to catch on a lot more stuff. If you're going to do it, mark the mag incase you lose it and try to prevent it's loss by keeping an eye on it! Better yet, you might want to keep the mag out of the gun and in a pouch until you are ready to use it. That's what I do with my MP7 mags.

Progressive Airsofter, for the good of the people. Since 2003.
KILL TAN.
Load outs: Russia | IDF. Molle and Multicam go home!
Have a Russian, Soviet, or Eastern Bloc kit? Interested in making one?
O-RUS
Old 07-10-2011, 04:18 PM

runner3 is a Private
hey thanks guys, ill keep that in mind. Spetsnaz you made a good point. I didn't really think of it catching on stuff. Would you recommend just getting a couple regular clips instead then?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:35 PM

INGINE is a Private
What I would recommend is having a regular magazine in the gun and having the long one(s) in a pouch.

"When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him." -Anton LaVey

Tags
cyma, glock, high cap, mid cap

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: