Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 09-06-2009, 04:08 PM

Smurpo is a Private
Broken m4 carbine

Ok I have a m4 from echo 1. It gets around 330 fps but it only cost me $150 at an offical airsoft arms retail store. The gun had broken before and it was a probelm with the motor in the hand trigger part. A wire had came loose so my friend and I fixed that. We tried shooting it but we only got a mechanical*wher*ing noise. We then simply pushed the motor back in and kept it pressed with some news paper. It worked and held for about 3 weeks when the paper either had came loose or somthing because I'm back to square 1. I tried to paper thing again but the same wire keeps coming loose (it's black and there is also a red one exactly lime it but diagonal from it) and even if I just press down the motor the noise it makes hrs what it should sound like is much drier and it sounds like something is being grinder. Please help me as I had just purchased an upgrade kit for this gun but never go to install it.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:26 PM

Tassidarxb is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Tassidarxb
Open up your gearbox and make sure the gears and other pieces aren't broken. Try soldering the wire on the motor so it stays in place.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:30 PM

Smurpo is a Private
Where's my gearbox and I don't have a sodering set
Old 09-06-2009, 04:34 PM

Tassidarxb is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Tassidarxb
Your gearbox is what holds all your internals. Your motor goes into the gearbox. Look up m4 disassembly on YouTube along with Version 2 gearbox disassembly. It should help you out a bit.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:46 PM

ECHOES is a Private
If you don't know what the gearbox is, don't open it up. Take it back to AirsoftArms or AirsoftSmith and pay them to fix it. Many inexperianced AEG owners break their gun even further when trying to open them and fix something.

Why feel the need to justify anything to others? You made the decision, nobody except for you can judge that.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:40 PM

Location: A land of superior apathy, also known as Cincinnati
Spectre is a Private First Class
Remove the paper from the pistol grip as soon as you read this. Make sure your battery is dis-connected. You can easily start an electrical fire that way. Don't put anything flammable near the wiring of an AEG. These things overheat/spark when the gun work isn't done correctly.

The wiring leading to the motor can fall off if it is not placed on the contact plug all the way. Sometimes it takes some force to get them to stay on. Since you probably don't know what motor engagement is and just shoved your motor into the pistol grip, you probably destroyed your bevel and pinion gear, and that is where the spinning/whizzing noise is coming from.

Long story short, you should take it to a shop and have them repair it. More than likely, depending on who you take it to, you will be paying 30-45 for the bench fee, and around 30-45 for the parts.

Another note, soldering the wires to a standard AEG motor is not a smart move. Why? Because standard AEG's break, as noted. Soldering and re-soldering the same part over and over again results in weakened metal and burns. Which means increased resistance and overheating. It also makes removing the motor a real pain in the ***.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:12 PM

Rhyno is a Private
If you are so compelled to learn or do this yourself, i recommend that you go to mechbox.com and work along with the video. Do not just watch the video and then think you can do it yourself.

ProTip: Use a couple of ice cube trays and place screws and small parts in the cube slots in exact order the video has you pull them out. This will keep you from losing anything.

Tags
broken, motor

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: