Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:09 PM

Wolf902 is a Private
Possibly in the market..

So my JG m4 i realize after a year, may not be all that professional. With out a RIS Im pretty limited. If i do sell it I will of course need a new one.
Being out of the market for so long I'm not sure what to exactly buy or what is good. Im not wanting to spend more then $250 (due to needing accessories). But if anyone could give me some idea as to what I should look into. It needs to be an assault rifle, of some sort. Thank you!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:46 PM

Private Snowball is a Private
G&G combat raiders/ machines perform well above their price range given they're only about $150. King Arms cybergun licensed M4's are around $200 they're excellent for the price range. A&K M4's are also around the $200 range, I haven't had much experience with them but they seem okay. However you do not necessarily have to flat out sell your gun just because it doesn't have RIS/RAS rails. There are plenty of aftermarket/third party RIS/RAS systems available on the market for a reasonable price that you can put on your JG in place of that dingy old smooth handguard. This option is much much cheaper than purchasing a new gun and starting over again thus saving you more money to be able to purchase more accessories. However, when making such a purchase be wary as not all RIS/RAS rail systems will be compatible with your gun or your delta ring. I have a KWA and they are very picky about a lot of aftermarket accessories, especially magazines. So when deciding on which RIS system you want to put on your gun, make sure it is compatible with your JG. If you decide to just purchase an RIS system aftermarket and attach it to your gun. If your gun is wired to the front of the gun because the battery is stored in the handguard, you will also need to purchase a PEQ box in order to house the battery as there will be little room inside the RIS system. There are lots and lots of options to choose from which means you don't have to sell your gun just because there aren't any RIS rails on it. Hope this helps.

Past events, Red Dragon open (STACC, SPEAR, SWORD), Op. Braaaaaains, Op. Gecko, Op. Iron Harvest, Op. Mud balls, Op. Dark Horizons, Op. Centaur Strike, Op. Spider Web, Dark Horizons prequel (05/05/12), Op. Crucible, OLCMSS Northern Light III, OP. Quick and Dirty, Calamityville inaugural open, OP. Frozen Sepulcher.
Future events:
Op. Nomad, Op. Blackgate, OLCMSS Northern Light IV

Last edited by Private Snowball; 12-04-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 AM

kaydub is a Private
You could always buy a RIS kit and install it on your current rifle. What are you looking to do that absolutely requires a RIS? It's sometimes nice to have a modular platform to mount certain accessories, but having a plain-jane M4 is by no means "unprofessional" and does not make you any better or worse of an airsofter. In fact, you can quite easily fall into the money trap of thinking you need a bunch of tacticool stuff on your rifle, and next thing you know you're broke with a front-heavy rifle that weighs 15 pounds.

IDK, that's my rant, but IMO if your current M4 performs to your satisfaction otherwise, don't ditch the whole thing just to get one with rails. If anything, get something like a Magpul MOE handguard instead. It's cheaper than a metal RIS (or a new gun), ergonomic and lightweight (more so than a clunky metal RIS), looks sexy (my humble opinion, I love the look of Magpul's stuff), and you can attach rail sections (which aren't very expensive) as needed for your accessories.

Also, I do believe this would be considered an opinion thread. Ultimately it's your decision. Do the research, weigh out the pros and cons, and visit your local airsoft shop to handle a few rifles in your price range to figure out what you really want.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:13 AM

Vinvyin is a Private
This threads don't tend to last long because it is a "What gun should I buy thread." Sorry to say this, but you are going to have to do some research on your own. There are many websites out there and there are also stores in very convenient locations. Google is a great tool.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 12-05-2011, 01:15 PM

Wolf902 is a Private
The RIS i dont know of one that will fit..
Old 12-05-2011, 02:09 PM

mac50 is a Private
Wat am teh bestest gun for 250 dollarz?
Old 12-05-2011, 02:15 PM

Big Teddy is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Big Teddy Send a message via Yahoo to Big Teddy Send a message via Skype™ to Big Teddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac50 View Post
Wat am teh bestest gun for 250 dollarz?
What is the best gun for the price of $250?

try again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival
All we need now is an animated gif of a dead horse going down hill fast whilst being beaten by a guy saying "You Mad BRO".

And googling now.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:21 PM

Bells is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Bells Send a message via Yahoo to Bells
for the price range of 250 or so I would look into the airsoftgi g4 series.. Here are some links bro.. they are NASTY!!!

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=139_24_302

Some of my favorites that I can speak for Cause I have used

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=6404
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=6559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Airsoft: 30 dollar non blowback 1911 that doubles as a boomerang.
Losers always whine about their best! Winners go home and F*** the prom Queen!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:26 PM

mac50 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Teddy View Post
What is the best gun for the price of $250?

try again?
That was sarcasm Teddy. The OP is basically asking what gun he should get for $250.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:41 PM

Flenner is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Flenner Send a message via Skype™ to Flenner
I think he knows. I'm sure the OP can figure out he can also get a set of rails for his JG. Should have been helpful instead of trollin'.

A few of my buddies run JG and do well with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Thus marketh the only time anyone hath used the search feature on AO
in 2Tall's basement doing things
Old 12-05-2011, 03:39 PM

Fickert is a Private
Alright these people obiously dont know guns. If your price range is 250, look for a g&p, or an ics. Two reasonably priced brands that also pump out some serious guns.

ICS Olympic Arms M4 Casv 390fps
Old 12-05-2011, 04:09 PM

Flenner is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to Flenner Send a message via Skype™ to Flenner
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fickert View Post
Alright these people obiously dont know guns. If your price range is 250, look for a g&p, or an ics. Two reasonably priced brands that also pump out some serious guns.
Try to remember that some of us can make a Well R6 convert plastic to solid gold. I would rather talk him into getting a rail system and taking his gun into a tech that can work on it for much less..

Now if the JG is one of the plastic/newbie guns we are in for a different story.

+1 for G&P and another for G&G.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Thus marketh the only time anyone hath used the search feature on AO
in 2Tall's basement doing things
Old 12-06-2011, 11:50 AM

Wolf902 is a Private
No it is a metal one. I just can not find compatible parts for it.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:06 PM

storm401 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to storm401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flenner View Post
I think he knows. I'm sure the OP can figure out he can also get a set of rails for his JG. Should have been helpful instead of trollin'.

A few of my buddies run JG and do well with them.

@ wolf G&G's are great, i picked up a new mp5 for a backup and cqb gun + 5 mags for under 200. my friend has used a G&G raider for over 2 years and has only had a problem with the hopup bucking. i cant personally speak on g&p but iv heard good things. on the compatibility question can you post which version of the JG m4 you have?
Jack O'Neill: Never run with... scissors?
SG1
Old 12-06-2011, 01:23 PM

Maniac is a Private
ECHO-1 ER 16 Full Metal
http://www.airsoftarms.com/ECHO-1-ER...t-Electric-Gun

GR15 Raider L
http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/pr...oducts_id=3700

Those are my 2 suggestions as of now. Unless your willing to give up a few "Accessories", the quality of the gun is gonna be moderate. If you raise your budget up 50 to 100 dollars by waiting about a month to get that money, youll be going a step up quality wise from where your asking now.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:42 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
I'm surprised this thread is still up. They gave you plenty of suggestions. I vote for close thread.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:44 PM

Wolf902 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm401 View Post

@ wolf G&G's are great, i picked up a new mp5 for a backup and cqb gun + 5 mags for under 200. my friend has used a G&G raider for over 2 years and has only had a problem with the hopup bucking. i cant personally speak on g&p but iv heard good things. on the compatibility question can you post which version of the JG m4 you have?
JG m4 Enhanced Edition.
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3432
Old 12-06-2011, 03:57 PM

storm401 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to storm401
i dont think you will have any issues if you choose to simply put a ris on it. the easy solution is to get a 2 piece unit that simply replaces your front hand guard. heads up though putting a ris on will mean you need to re locate your battery to either a mock peq box or the stock (full or crane)

e.x. http://www.evike.com/product_info.ph...ducts_id=26621

hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvyin View Post
I'm surprised this thread is still up. They gave you plenty of suggestions. I vote for close thread.
if you dont have anything useful to say why say anything at all?
Jack O'Neill: Never run with... scissors?
SG1
Old 12-06-2011, 04:13 PM
What plants crave

Evil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a SergeantEvil Head is a Sergeant
Wolf, I suggest you contact a retailer, they'll give you your best options. Threads like this will give you a worthless spectrum of everything and nothing.

Closed.
Evil Head is not repsonsible for sarcasm. If sarcasm lasts more than four hours, consult a doctor. Evil Head's comment may cause prolonged bleeding and sexual inactivity. Do not read these comments if you are pregnant. Some mild bruising of the ego may occur. If so, stop using sarcasm immediately.

Closed Thread

Tags
aeg, buy, gas, gun, sell

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: