Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 08-21-2012, 10:16 AM

Sithis is a Private
I for one had a great time out there. The first game went well when me, Jacknife, and Stonewall broke off the main force and followed the creekbed right into some Tan stragglers. I had spent the previous day sighting in my sniper, so we made short work of the few Tans we ran into. After that we set up an ambush and waited for their return. About 10 minutes late we decided to go help out some green that were close, but the second we turn our backs they came back multiplied and got us. Thankfully Spear was near by and helped out of that one. Thanks guys.

The second game for me was spent up in the tower protecting the town. At one point about half way through the game Tan rushed the small building down by the speed ball area, but were repelled. Also got one of the longest kills I've ever made from the tower down to that building.

After the senarios we did some CQB 1 flag(really a box) CTF which was some crazy fun! To bad the Go Pro died before. That would have been some epic footage.

Anyways, thanks to Sword for putting on the event, I'm looking forward to running in your squad at BFIX this week. Thanks to Stonewall for running with us for the first game, you're a God**** super human running around with us like that with a fractured ankle! And thanks to everyone else for some great sportsmanship minus the army of noobs that repeatly friendly fired me and didn't have the common courtesy to atleast heal me.

"Who is Sithis? Imagine a perfect, cloudless midnight, cold as winter ice and shrouded in shadow. That is Sithis" - Lucien Lachance

Op: Threshhold
Op: Toasty Balls
Op: Blind Fury IX

Last edited by Sithis; 08-21-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:32 PM

Mallets is a Private
Yup, that's me. I was *****ing and not giving constructive criticism because I had a bad time. You know what? I'm just never going to waste my time and money going to this field and I will never recommend it to anyone. Since you don't like what I have to say.

"Dude, too much! Too big! Size it down! " ~Red
http://hertbonfaroff.carbonmade.com/
Old 08-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Carbon is Currently being Court Martialled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallets View Post
Yup, that's me. I was *****ing and not giving constructive criticism because I had a bad time. You know what? I'm just never going to waste my time and money going to this field and I will never recommend it to anyone. Since you don't like what I have to say.
Mallets, it's kind of one game, not the field. I actually love Red Dragon. I understand why your mad, but it's no reason you should just stop going there, my .02 brother. If you don't like what S.W.O.R.D games are like, wait until S.P.E.A.R or STACC hosts..

Last edited by Carbon; 08-21-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:10 PM

gone_devil is a Private
Mallets guess what .. games will go on without you no worries.
Constructive criticism is allways welcome but it is a 2 way street. The people that are rsvping should show up in what they are rsvping . and the ones that showed up without rsvping need to start. You had a bad time due to the FACT YOU DECIDED TO NOT COMPLETE THE OBJECTIVES. Everyone knew what they were and if not then they should have said something. The only people that would have any real reason to complain would be tan for being out numbered all day. But then again they stayed on tasked and completed their objectives by preventing green from their objectives. I am so sorry you did not get to just run around and shoot people. If that is what you like PLAY PAINTBALL. And if your going to be a cry baby and not go to this field overONEevent then your just a (you can figure this part out).
Old 08-21-2012, 04:57 PM

Mallets is a Private
I looked all over the field for the objectives and I know others did too I i also heard people saying it was boring but it doesn't matter. I had a bad time and in not coming to another sword open. I don't think the organizers did a good job organizing it. And I hope you understand this. If you think it went well... Then think that and we will move on.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
I hate to jump in on an AAR but guys you need to keep it civil. Name calling is not acceptable at all. There are lessons to be learned by all in this one so how about we all move on before we get more heated.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:14 PM

Panda is a Private
Devil, lay off. Mallets didn't have a good time, you can't force him to change his mind, it's his outlook on the game and that's that. Calling him a crybaby is unneeded.

On guy who came in as green did switch to tan, but it was frustrating that some people on tan switched to green, further enhancing the numbers disadvantage. Can't get too mad, what's done is done, but let's try to avoid that in the future.

Also, tan did complete all of their objectives, but we more or less just hid the boxes and ran away from them so we didn't draw green towards them and then were steamrolled over and over as green searched the field. I guess it's a victory, but not the kind I prefer. All in all, the vast number difference just was too much, I mean it was literally green surrounding and pushing in on all sides onto tan. Say how much you like target rich environments, but when it's 4v10, there's not much you can do. PLEASE, next time, IF YOU RSVP TAN, FULFILL YOUR COMMITMENT!!
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 08-21-2012, 05:20 PM

Warcat is a Private
Send a message via MSN to Warcat
Mallet, I'm sorry about your attitude and feelings. I have found leading in open plays to be like herding CATS, people generally don't listen, they are mostly there to just shoot people and if there are objectives that is nice, but usually just an excuse. Mostly people want to do their own thing (otherwise they go to MILSIM's!). As one of the organizers the goal was relatively simple. Provide scenarios for firefights and keep both teams from being constantly slaughtered.

I appreciate your comments, I think different people have different experiences and approaches to different situations.

I would love to see STACC or SPEAR run games. Nobody else has. This year things have been kind of bleak. SWORD runs open plays mostly so people can get out and use a flimsy excuse to shoot each other without a lot of pressure. Our MILSIM's are an entirely different story.

To be honest I find the complaints about teams to be kind of interesting. I've seen teams composed of noobs that outnumbered veterans and still get butchered and lose their objectives, then the noobs whined about not having enough leadership or experience, etc. You should have stood up and taken the mantle of leadership if you thought you were qualified. What's the worst that could happen?

I do NOT think it is up to the event organizers to provide leadership, especially not Open Plays. (MilSIMs are an ENTIRELY different story and more carefully crafted). In my opinion Open Plays are for players to experiment with weapons, leadership, tactics and friends. Open plays are about the individuals, not the 'team' although squads can easily use Open Plays as practices and training.

The goal was to keep it all light and give people a chance to have fun. NOBODY made you stand around at any time. I personally was always active and working hard to give green a rough time.

We did do different scenarios to give people different experiences. Can't please everyone and I won't even try. I had fun and I think most people did. SOMEBODY shot my watch to pieces and that is fine, bad things happen sometimes and I didn't let one bad things ruin my day or sour my experience. (never realized how much I rely on my time piece).

I'm just going to live my life to the best of my abilities, have as much fun as I can (legally) and do what I can to make this a better world. No reason to stress out or freak over the petty stuff and trust me dude, Airsoft is a game and it isn't worth the stress, anger and hate so many people pour into it.

Thanks again to everyone that came out. There were a lot of good people out there.

-SARCASM - one of many services I provide, free of charge!

See my latest books:
The Airsoft Bible: Book of Comm
The Airsoft Bible: Book of Tactics
Old 08-21-2012, 05:39 PM

Mallets is a Private
I wasn't stressing. I just didn't appreciate the rude and seeming to be directed to me comments saying it was my fault. Next time , if it happens I will step up and tell people what to do and maybe it will work out.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:54 PM

Warcat is a Private
That's all I would ask Mallets. You can only do your best. I wouldn't blame anyone, not even the guy who shot my watch or fed me bb dust through my mask, next time I won't assume there was only one guy in the building. It is all for fun.

One incident I remembered was playing whack-a-mole in the creek, where I was one of the moles, third game I think. Group of young men I don't recall their names managed to hold up some green aggressors for a short while, good healing and teamwork.

I do like being outnumbered, makes things so much more challenging and real. Good stuff. I have absolutely NO sympathy when it comes to friendly fire though. Friendly fire - isn't!

See my latest books:
Old 08-21-2012, 05:55 PM

Mallets is a Private
Also, I don't like how its my responsibility to step. up when it was the first time at red dragon and didn't know the field. Its like you want me to step up or shut up.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:15 PM

Warcat is a Private
Mallet, dude, that's the fun and the challenge! As a US Marine we were going into unfamiliar territory ALL the time! Consider the challenge and the challenge as a leader too. It is all what you make of it.

It is NOT your responsibility to 'step up'. It is an open play, mob rule, that's why we tried to keep it simple. If you could have stepped up that would have been great, but trust me when I say I know how fun it is to just be a rifleman and do your own thing for the greater good. Consider very carefully the fact that we did not ASK for anyone to be team commander. . . .

I've seen more than a few open plays where the 'team leader' was a complete waste of genetic material and spawning effort that accomplished nothing more than reinforcing my already impressive disrespect for authority. Then there have been some great team leaders. Here is the really interesting thing, I've learned lots from BOTH the good and the bad and even though I generally despise the clowns I do appreciate their enthusiasm (or foolishness) in trying to herd the cats.

It is all fun and games until someone takes off their goggles ya know (or something like that).

Everyone needs to lighten up, crack some jokes and figure out what they can do better next time. Don't take life or Airsoft too seriously because NOBODY escapes alive!

See my latest books:
Old 08-21-2012, 10:18 PM

Panda is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcat View Post
One incident I remembered was playing whack-a-mole in the creek, where I was one of the moles, third game I think. Group of young men I don't recall their names managed to hold up some green aggressors for a short while, good healing and teamwork.
That might have been dubbs, Preacher, and I. We held off SPEAR and some others for a good while at the creek by the road leading to the main town till I started running out of ammo and Preacher left because he was tired of getting healed and dying, leaving dubbs and I to hold off 10 or so green. Green overwhelmed us with suppressive fire, smoke grenades, and leapfrogging. I can't get mad at them, that's what they're supposed to do.
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 08-21-2012, 11:07 PM

whoever is a Private
As a noob who brought a whole group of noobs, I just want to say thanks to the organizers. We had a very fun and exhausting time, and despite any confusion about colors, can't wait to do it again. who knew all we had to do was look up for the bomb. Sorry for any friendly fire, but I just couldn't tell some greens from tans.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:24 AM

Mallets is a Private
I will give you guys another chance at a later event and I hope I enjoy it more. I hope there are no hard feeling and we can be friend or at least good enemies. I would like to play on the field again, and maybe I'll bring the team out and we can kick some a**.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:09 PM

colossus is a Private
Send a message via AIM to colossus
Okay! Sorry for the late response first of all, semester started Monday so I've been hella busy.

I had a great time at the game despite what anyone has been saying. It was great to get out and play Airsoft with friends and my team mates. Laughs were had and plastic was slung, that for me, makes the day.

Friendly fire was kinda bad, my first three deaths can be attributed to others not properly identifying their target. As well younger/newer players running around flashing their guns and yelling "Tan or Green?". Guys it's simple... identify the clothes pattern(not the gear color) and always keep in mind what is what. If the people who showed up in jeans where put onto the other team during briefing, you SHOULD know that.

The same goes for when you are attempting to heal someone, I came upon someone who was trying to heal the person I just shot and engaged me, I put a round into him and kept pushing forward. Once he saw me he exclaimed "You're green? I'm green!" to which I asked why he was healing a Tan player and shooting at me. IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET dead or alive. You heal a enemy player, you have just put yourself and your team in danger of being shot.

There was some confusion as to what was going on during certain missions I will say that, but you're there to have fun and play airsoft. If you don't know what's going on, ask! If you just want to shoot people, go with a squad doing a run to get an objective. Clear communication is key in anything we do on the field.

All in all I had a blast at the game, Thank you SWORD for putting on a game for the community! Thank you to Gary the owner of Red Dragon for his continued support of our hobby and letting us back every time! Was great seeing old faces and meeting new ones. I did shoot video for the first part of the day, I however do not know when I'll be able to edit it. I don't have any days off this semester, I'll get it up when I can guys.

-Albert Einstein

WARNING! Sarcasm in use.

Tags
aar, august, dragon, open, play, red, sword

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: