Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 01-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
AAR: Operation Chimera

Well, I would like to extend a hearty thank you that braved the elements to participate in this one. When I left the house it was a nice 53 degrees and I was in a T-Shirt. When I got to Springfield it only got colder. There was a LOT of water on the field which created some issues not just with movement but also with player attrition and speeding up the process by which players became frozen .

By lunch, the attrition rate of players and conditions of the field caused us to change the format for the afternoon which we greatly appreciate the players rolling with the changes. While we value the integrity of the game, player safety has to come first. Those that stayed are a testament to the high character we expect to draw for handling the changes like champs.

I'd like to hear your feedback about the game, specifically thoughts on the ammo, firing restrictions and medic rules. We will look at getting a witch doctor on staff to control the weather better . See you all at Sidewinder!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:04 PM

viper is a Private
So started off at home today for this AAR, nice and warm outside. A solid 50ish degrees. Well, by the time we got the Springfield and started games and such temp dropped, rain came, and wind picked up. Rain wasn't a huge deal as it was just some small sprinkles.

So we got deployed to our Objective which was protect out Hostage and get him to the airfield tower after we went to Brown Town. (I am speaking from being a MACE objective being on Globex, I am not speaking for the whole Globex team.) We got to BT and lost all contact with admins so we waited around and decided that game was probably on and moved to the airfield to find it had been taken. From here we tried to push in but our force was extremely outnumber and we just got pushed back. The rest of the morning consisted of being pushed back and bullied by a large force.

Watched Bronco walk on water and take a mega fall into the ground. That was worth the whole event cost alone. His blaster also looks pretty good now too.

We spent plenty of time walking through water. People got very wet and extremely muddy. Lost a good number of players to this.

Afternoon consisted of small high action games at the airfield which were very fun! Did much enjoy that.

On to address the questions asked, I can't really speak to medic rules as our whole squad got whipped out rather quickly to medic anyone... Sadly, wish I would have had the chance to put these rules to good use. Did carry one guy, well two of us held his arms, I do like this way of trans porting, more realistic than having a single guy sprint out there and run him back.

As for the ammo, I thought it was enough, maybe make it five midcaps rather than four, but at the same time it depends how action packed these missions are. I did not have problems with the four mags myself but I did conserve a lot more than I could have.

Firing on semi. Every event. No more full out, forget it. I loved this. Made LMGs and MMGs a lot more useful and worth getting.

All in all, I had a great day, learned some stuff I really need to work on.

Thanks for a fantastic day Jonah, Sky, and all other staff! Job well done as always.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:25 PM

Bronco is a Private
Liam is a beast and a trooper, it was fun having him with us. I actually enjoyed the ammo limits more than I thought I would, I definitely would like to see them used again in a more milsim setting. Overall the event didn't go as planned but we all adapted, overcame and had a blast anyway!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Space Wizard

Viper I can tell you that the no full auto rule is here to stay. As you said it greatly adds to the value and role of the support weapons and when you add in ammo restrictions it forces players to work together more. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 01-12-2014, 02:50 PM

ExSoul is a Private
Not much to say other than my self and my team had a blast man.

P.S. Good god that water was ice cold.

"Damn few"

"That of which we allow to defeat us defines us, That which we over come against all odds, fear and expectations empowers us and designs us"
Old 01-12-2014, 07:18 PM

Naga is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Naga
Had a good time, except for having to find a way to carry the stereo system into and out of the field (thanks Dan!)

I do believe the semi-auto rule changed the game in an interesting way. However, as a support gunner at the event, I believe that we were allowed far too much ammunition. I believe that limiting them to something more like the equivalent of 12 mid caps would be more acceptable; something more like 2000 rounds. As it stood, I really didn't really play any differently than I did at a normal event.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Space Wizard

Naga I was thinking that myself actually. Some weapons like the PKM can carry like 5000 rounds while Cody's 240B can only carry 700 rounds. Good food for thought.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:20 PM

Ruffy is a Private
Still had well over 2k rounds left in the PKM after got home. Not counting the 5k I dumped in the mud outside of brown town lol

"It is a proven fact that you cannot idiot proof anything due to Mother Nature's ability to constantly upgrade the common idiot
Old 01-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy View Post
Still had well over 2k rounds left in the PKM after got home. Not counting the 5k I dumped in the mud outside of brown town lol
Lets not forget though, we did not encounter anyone before Browntown, which was pretty much at the end of the scenario.

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 01-12-2014, 08:56 PM

Ruffy is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Lets not forget though, we did not encounter anyone before Browntown, which was pretty much at the end of the scenario.
It was used pretty heavily in the afternoon secnario's by a few different people

"It is a proven fact that you cannot idiot proof anything due to Mother Nature's ability to constantly upgrade the common idiot
Old 01-14-2014, 12:47 PM

P-51Mustang is a Private
Liam is awesome, for one. Two, semi-only and mag rules were fantastic. It'd be interesting to see it at an event where there were a lot more people and you'd really have to be picky about your trigger finger. Good idea, with great times to come.

I'm with Christian/ viper. Never got medic'd, and never got dragged, so I can't really offer any insight as to that.

Thanks to Jonah and the crew for salvaging the day after lunch. All of it- from Bronco's Jesus-run to shenanigans in the airfield to Liam 'wielding' the PKM- was definitely worth coming out.

AWOL: "Delta, WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?!?"
Overlord: "About 3 feet to your left.
AWOL: "Oh."
Old 01-14-2014, 01:07 PM

Glitch is a Private First Class
Had a heck of alot of fun that day besides losing my pistol mag! Only took a whopping 3 minutes in the gun to lose it... If anyone found it let me know! Thanks to Jonah and sky for an awesome time. Thanks to globex for being a worthy opponent and entertaining us with music. And finally thank you to the coalition forces for bringin home to good! Strikers, blade, ruffy, great running with y'all today.

Second half was quite a bit of fun. Had fun acting like I was looking for a mag and sneaking around behind the enemy twice! Haha it was that everyone was a good sport about it. The mag restrictions were very interesting and made our little squad that much more effective because of our ability to pressure and flank even without a support weapon and the trauma doc hanging back.

P.s. Francois I like you better with head trauma

It's like I have money one day, and the next day it's hey look at this new airsoft thingy take my money.

Be the change you want to see in this community.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:11 PM

danoconnell is a Private
The event was a blast! I loved the ammo restrictions. Sitting in the tower in brown town blasting music out the boom box and dancing under fire was a great experience. The heavy mud and the fact that brown town was technically an Island during the game (surrounded on all sides by flooded streams) made anyone foolish enough to attack easy targets.

Glitch,
I remember you lighting me up from behind. Then I caught you in the middle of a field with no cover but decided to spare you against my better judgement as you were "just looking for your mag." Mistake. haha As far as your pistol mag, I do remember somebody finding a pistol mag and bringing it to brown town during the first half. I'm not sure who, but I remember somebody taking it back to the staging area. Naga or Nelson might remember who has it.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:31 AM

Glitch is a Private First Class
If it was a 1911 mag that would be awesome!!

It's like I have money one day, and the next day it's hey look at this new airsoft thingy take my money.

Be the change you want to see in this community.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: