Airsoft Ohio Forums  
  #1  
Old 08-02-2013, 05:03 PM
rootbeerking202's Avatar
rootbeerking202 rootbeerking202 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 296
rootbeerking202 is a Private
Send a message via Skype™ to rootbeerking202
iTrader: (5)
Help with FSK Loadout (Norwegian Special Forces)

I was talking to my Norwegian-born Grandpa, and being a military fanatic, and always having an interest in military, I decided to look up some of Norway's special forces.

I am now taking interest in making a FSK-centered loadout.

I'm trying to use as much of my current gear as possible, but still keep it accurate.

So is it possible to do a FSK loadout, and use Multicam?

Suggestions on gear? Answers? Anything? Tips? Feedback would be great.

Thanks!

(ref pictures)


Not sure if MoH Warfighter is totally accurate, but for the sake of the thread:



Thanks for reading!
__________________
Printer
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-02-2013, 11:29 PM
WhiteOut's Avatar
WhiteOut WhiteOut is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 423
Blog Entries: 1
WhiteOut is a Private
iTrader: (1)
Short answer? No; FSK does not use Multicam right now, I'm sure ther are subsidiaries of FSK that do use it (like MARSOC uses M81 Woodland) but if you want to keep it accurate, get the Norwegian camoflauge. I believe they also use the Swiss Kevlar helmet.
__________________
WhiteOut-
Belgian Special Forces Group
Russian MVD
MARSOC (WIP)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Mallets's Avatar
Mallets Mallets is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Beavercreek
Posts: 520
Blog Entries: 1
Mallets is a Private
iTrader: (6)
have fun finding camo, ive been looking for some forever
__________________
Mallets - "Imma take yo picture!!"

"Dude, too much! Too big! Size it down! " ~Red
http://hertbonfaroff.carbonmade.com/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-03-2013, 01:15 AM
IRONMAN's Avatar
IRONMAN IRONMAN is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 673
Blog Entries: 2
IRONMAN is a Private
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Short answer? No; FSK does not use Multicam right now, I'm sure ther are subsidiaries of FSK that do use it (like MARSOC uses M81 Woodland) but if you want to keep it accurate, get the Norwegian camoflauge. I believe they also use the Swiss Kevlar helmet.
Actually, they do use MC (its pretty much mainstream for many western militaries) but m/98 is cooler anyways. You'd just look like another guy in MC but with a Norwegian flag on your shoulder.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ry-pics/page61
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-03-2013, 09:41 AM
rootbeerking202's Avatar
rootbeerking202 rootbeerking202 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 296
rootbeerking202 is a Private
Send a message via Skype™ to rootbeerking202
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Short answer? No, FSK does not use Multicam right now, I'm sure ther are subsidiaries of FSK that do use it (like MARSOC uses M81 Woodland) but if you want to keep it accurate, get the Norwegian camoflauge. I believe they also use the Swiss Kevlar helmet.
I'm pretty sure they do use Crye kits, but I'm not exactly sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallets View Post
have fun finding camo, ive been looking for some forever
Yeah, I'm gonna try, but it's going to take a while...
(pulls out eBay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONMAN View Post
Actually, they do use MC (its pretty much mainstream for many western militaries) but m/98 is cooler anyways. You'd just look like another guy in MC but with a Norwegian flag on your shoulder.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ry-pics/page61
That's what I thought. Thanks for the responses!
__________________
Printer
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-03-2013, 11:18 PM
WhiteOut's Avatar
WhiteOut WhiteOut is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 423
Blog Entries: 1
WhiteOut is a Private
iTrader: (1)
They may use it like the Uzbek/Ukrainian Special Forces, but not as much as the m/98.
__________________
WhiteOut-
Belgian Special Forces Group
Russian MVD
MARSOC (WIP)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-04-2013, 12:57 AM
JMDECC JMDECC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest OH
Posts: 147
JMDECC is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Yes, FSK use multicam, although it is used in limited quantities from what I understand. Here is a useful link to some pictures and a gear list someone made on mil photos... http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...in-Afghanistan

Like most other people are stating though, I would look into getting M98. You'll stand out much more. With multicam as popular as it is right now, I have to imagine the majority of the people playing wouldn't have any idea that you're trying to represent Norwegian SF.

M98 isn't terrible to find as long as you don't mind buying from overseas + navigating through websites that aren't written in English (most browsers over free translations though, so not too bad). Here is a site for example: http://www.miltrad.no/webshop/product.jsp?id=428

The only thing that truly sucks about buying foreign camo aside from the cost of buying the actual camo is that shipping kills you. I ordered German Tropentarn several weeks ago and the shipping price was outrageous.

Try http://flecktarn.co.uk/index.php ...they don't carry any M98 at the moment, but I'm sure if you contacted them they would either attempt to acquire some for you or at least point you in the right direction.

The Berget forum might be helpful as well. While their game is held in Sweden, they're still apart of the Nordic region so you may get helpful advice. Here is a link: http://www.berget-events.com/forum/

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-04-2013, 09:12 AM
rootbeerking202's Avatar
rootbeerking202 rootbeerking202 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 296
rootbeerking202 is a Private
Send a message via Skype™ to rootbeerking202
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDECC View Post
Yes, FSK use multicam, although it is used in limited quantities from what I understand. Here is a useful link to some pictures and a gear list someone made on mil photos... http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...in-Afghanistan

Like most other people are stating though, I would look into getting M98. You'll stand out much more. With multicam as popular as it is right now, I have to imagine the majority of the people playing wouldn't have any idea that you're trying to represent Norwegian SF.

M98 isn't terrible to find as long as you don't mind buying from overseas + navigating through websites that aren't written in English (most browsers over free translations though, so not too bad). Here is a site for example: http://www.miltrad.no/webshop/product.jsp?id=428

The only thing that truly sucks about buying foreign camo aside from the cost of buying the actual camo is that shipping kills you. I ordered German Tropentarn several weeks ago and the shipping price was outrageous.

Try http://flecktarn.co.uk/index.php ...they don't carry any M98 at the moment, but I'm sure if you contacted them they would either attempt to acquire some for you or at least point you in the right direction.

The Berget forum might be helpful as well. While their game is held in Sweden, they're still apart of the Nordic region so you may get helpful advice. Here is a link: http://www.berget-events.com/forum/

Hope that helps.
Wow, that's a lot of great information, thanks! I'm going to have fun with all those links...
__________________
Printer
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTS/WTT: AK 47 with G&P special forces full metal body installed Lutz Electric-Powered Weaponry 0 06-17-2013 08:12 PM
Women in Infantry or Special Forces? An Interview of a Woman Soldier Attached to SF PMO Gordo Off Topic Forums 14 04-28-2013 06:52 PM
Operation Medellin - Red Dragon Spec-Ops Upcoming Airsoft Events 13 10-21-2009 10:44 PM
The Southern Sun Bones Airsoft Advancement and Scenario Discussion 0 01-01-2007 12:32 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Airsoft Guns, Tactical Gear, Military Gear, Ohio Airsoft Retailer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2005 - 2009 Airsoft Ohio