Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 11-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Certified Elitist

Lu is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Lu
I agree with Blade, it's an idea that pops up every 6 months and never really materializes. I am all for a SIMPLE fps system. If you start taking grainage and barrel length into consideration your shooting yourself in the foot (no pun intended.) I say keep it simple, or don't do it at all.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Belt-fed doom

Hillslam is a Private First Class
Agreed - simple is ideal.

Bring the SAWs down to 400fps, and leave the rest alone. But for gawd's sake - no sniper rifles at 600fps! Or 550fps. They're just too damn cheap and ALWAYS end up in idiot kid's hands. Snipers firing much fewer rounds can invest in better hopups than in spring energy and get better gains anyway - hop matter so much more to range.

Ask Decoy if he agrees with me....

Sooner or later, karma catches them all.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:22 PM

Ultra is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Ultra
I might as well throw in my 2 cents,
1.If someone wants to organize a game with these rules and shoulder all the work it entails, let them. If you don't like it don't attend the event, it's their show after all.

2. Why not organize a test game for sometime in the future, and make it clear to all that attend what your purpose is. You can see if it's worth investing the time in developing or just scrap it.

Just my humble opinion.

edit- oh wait, I will second Hillslams thoughts about the 600 fps snipers, this could be very bad.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:18 AM

Wraith is a Private First Class
Send a message via ICQ to Wraith
I also agree with Hillslam. Drop the LSWs to 400 fps and leave everything else as it is. There really isn't any other drastic changes purposed anyway. And it seems everyone is in agreement on the SAWs fps limits.

Man will occasionally stumble across the truth, but most of the time he will get back up and continue.
-Winston Churchill-
Old 11-27-2007, 05:43 PM

FerretFace is a Private
Send a message via AIM to FerretFace
I say make a rule that you have to over a certain age to use a +500 fps rifle. And someone to vouch for their ability to use it.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:57 PM

Titan is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan
Right now it is 18+ for 400fps
(00:51:16) TDG: I did not like when one went off too soon and dumped its load into the back of my head from inches away
Quote:
(16:52:35) AWOL: Titan, you looking for a Casual Encounter again?
(16:52:46) CaineHazen: that's excately what I want tits....
Old 11-27-2007, 06:06 PM

FerretFace is a Private
Send a message via AIM to FerretFace
I am aware of that. Otherwise I might have a TSD L96 currently.

It seems like 18 is a good restriction. Why not put 400 fps to 16 years old and 500 fps to 18 years old?

Another good system would to have a respected member observe another player using a sniper rifle during an event (as if he/she were a sniper's spotter). If the "sniper" follows his MED's and is overall responsible, he can use it whenever he wants. Kind of like a sniping license. This would prevent an idiot getting his hand on a high powered rifle and put it in the hands of a responsible player. The only issue would be choosing someone to watch this person use his rifle and how elaborate it is.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:01 PM

hkrazy is a Private
Who would want to watch you? Older people like to play too. Its just too complicated. Most people let you use your over 400 guns anyway, unless the host is a real stickler or it is a large event.

Lulz and Rolls
Old 11-27-2007, 09:25 PM

Disposable Soldier is a CorporalDisposable Soldier is a CorporalDisposable Soldier is a Corporal
Wait, I think we are missing the point. I have friends over 18, and friends under 18, and I KNOW, that some under 18 are actually more responsible than some over 18. Age is just the easiest way to classify it. Does it mean that the day that I turn 18 that I'm super mature then? No. I am under 18 and I am disappointed with the rule that I can't shoot over 400 FPS. I've already had to ditch one rifle because of this, and right now I have a TSD L96 I have to get rid of because it's shooting around 470 fps. While I wont object to the age rule, I do suggest that it's more along the line of vouching more than age, but I agree that some sort of age limit should be enforced. I just find it hard to believe that there is a 13 year old kid out there somewhere responsible enough to use a rifle shooting over 400 FPS, even 500, but I'm sure that there are several responsible.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Belt-fed doom

Hillslam is a Private First Class
If you're going to use age you gotta pick an age. Otherwise pick another measure.

Myself I'd rather not see ANY guns 550fps or over at any event. Bolt action or no. But thats just me.

And, for what its worth, at both events where I was in attendance and a player lost a tooth, it was due to a minor with a (cheaper than an aeg) sniper rifle that got spooked and didn't know what a MED rule was. Anecdotal evidence, yeah I agree, but there it is.

Of course, part of the safety of being a big fat loud lumbering saw gunner is I'm not going to spook any noob close range with a 600fps springer sniper rifle and catch a bb in the canine.

Sooner or later, karma catches them all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: