Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 04-21-2007, 03:49 PM

Mustang is a Private
Echo 1 Ak 47 Question and answer review

I searched through a lot of the forums and found these to be the most asked questions about reviewed airsoft guns. So I compiled a question and answer review of the Echo 1 AK 47.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/echo1_ak47_jpg.jpg

Q: where did you purchase the gun and how much did it cost?

A: I purchased the Echo 1 AK 47 from airsoft atlanta for 139.99 with free shipping.
The guns arrived in 2 days packaged quite well in foam cubes.

Q:what was your first impression of the echo 1 AK 47?

A: Upon opening the box and pulling the gun from the foam packaging it felt quite heavy around six pounds.. The upper receiver is metal along with the trigger guard fire selector switch and barrel. The front Ris system is plastic with rails on both sides top and bottom. The stock seams to be of a less quality plastic than say a classic army and may not hold up to a rigorous beating. The fire selector switch has a positive lock on safe, full auto and single fire and is quite easy to move. The balance of the gun is quite good with the battery installed it feels as if you could carry it all day and not be worn out. The grip has an ergo design that fits your hand very well and would be easy to hold in all weather situations.

Q: what accessories were included with the package?

A: The package included the gun, 2- 600 round hi-cap mags a cheap sling and a 8.4 1200 mah battery & charger. A cleaning rod and a small pack of bbís that I would not use. The battery seems to be a mid size as itís bigger than my 8.4 mini and smaller than my 8.4 3500 mah large for my classic army.

Q:what type of sights does it have and are they adjustable?

A: The front sight is a standard AK sight that is adjustable with an included wrench. The rear sight is adjustable up and down and is easy to do while in the field. The notch in the rear sight could be a little bigger as itís hard to pick up when raising the weapon quickly.

Q: Is there a hop up unit and where is it located?

A: Yes there is a hop up, itís located behind what would be the bolt slide on a real AK. It has a slide lever that moves from front to back and is easy to move even if you had gloves on. I liked this design over the hop up on my classic army m15 as itís easy to tell how much hop up your using.

Q: Is this weapon compatible with mauri or classic army parts and accessories?

A: From what Iíve read yes, But I have no AK accessories to try such as mags and I have not opened the mech box so Iím only going from what I have read .

Q: How does the Echo 1 AK 47 shoot and what is the Fps?

A: I sent over 1000 rounds down range with this weapon and I must say that I was impressed with itís accuracy. There is a slight pull to the left maybe 2 inches in 100 feet which I found to be not bad when on full auto. The weapon is very quit, I was totally surprised that the motor sound was not as noisy as my classic army. The trigger pull is smooth and on semi auto itís quick to follow every pull of the trigger. Full auto is probably around 850 RPMs which is about 8 to 10 rounds per second. I do not own a chrono machine so Iím going to have to guess on the FPS. Using my classic army as a comparison (itís 300 fps chronoed at last game) itís probably shooting right around 340 to 350 fps.

Q: So do you think at the price of 139.00$ the weapon is worth it?

A: Yes, I believe that This weapon for the price is well worth it. You must remember that itís not a classic army or mauri so donít expect it to be. Echo 1 is a mid priced weapon that appeals to the budget minded participants and can get you into the sport at a low cost and still be competitive.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/echo1_ak47_jpg.jpg

If guns cause crime---Mine are defective
Old 01-27-2008, 08:16 PM

Seabass_9000 is a Private
Since you took the time to review this, I just wanted to say I appreciate this review. I was thinking about buying the new Vector Arms Echo 1 AK and after reading this I decided to order one.
Cant wait until it gets here this week. It also is recieving an M203 launcher that needs a home. = )
-G&G AK47
Old 02-02-2008, 08:17 PM

Kalash 47 is a Recruit Private
I also appreciate this review thanks.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:21 PM

Also wanted to add my thoughts of the AK since I recieved it:

Cons about the gun:
-The stock is pretty small so a Large type battery that is above an 8.4v probably wont fit, however I did find that my PEQ style 9.6v/1800mah battery did fit rather nicely.
-The motor, like I expected, wasnt very good for a high ROF... I solved this by swapping in a spare CA motor that I had left over from my CA36c. Much, much better. Especially with a full charged 9.6v on it.

Pro's:
-RIS unit is great, looks really intimidating with my ICS M203 on the bottom and my red dot on top.
-Shoots pretty good out of the box, probably around 350-360fps and seems as though the hop up unit is pretty good as well. I have added a guarder hop up rubber and a tightbore barrel, so that also increased accuracy a good bit, but before it really wasnt bad either.
-Feels really solid, and quite heavy.
-Easy to disassemble.
-LOVE THE LOOKS!!!!
-G&G AK47
Old 02-24-2008, 10:21 PM

Cqle is a Recruit Private
I wanted to know if you guys knew about this

Hi, this is a little of topic but i just wanted too see if you guys knew anyhting about this (you seem very knowlegable ) heres a link. http://airsoftarms.com/view_product....t+Electric+Gun

is the ECHO 1, Vector Arms AK CPM Compact any good i think from where i could get it (airsoft arms)it doesent come with a battery or charger but still is this a good gun? also the hand grip dosent look to comfortable.

Sorry for it being off topic LOL

Thanks!

Last edited by Cqle; 02-24-2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-25-2008, 11:59 AM

Actually thats not that far off topic since it is a Vector Arms AK... just a compact one. = )

It is basically the same as the RIS Vector Arms AK as mentioned above, except it has a shorter barrel and a folding stock. This particular model you will have to put a stick battery in the upper part of the reciever. There are some decent stick batteries out there that will work though, such as this:
http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1622
If it were me, I would get 2 of them due to the fact that they are only about 1100 mah.

I actually thought about buying the compact version before I got my RIS. It does look like a very solid replica and the externals look great. The folding stock is a nice touch especially for closer engagements. Honestly, I think its a heck of a good buy.
-G&G AK47
Old 02-25-2008, 12:03 PM

Oh yeah, thought I would let you guys know that I put a Deep Fire titanium toothed piston and a Systema Magnum motor in my AK... WOW!!! On a 9.6 volt it is amazing. I empty my 150rd midcaps about 2-3 times faster than the stock setup.
Maybe I can get some video's of it on youtube and post it on here for anybody that wants to see it in action.
-G&G AK47

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: