Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 02-25-2015, 11:09 PM

Spear99 is a Private
Petition.

Guys, I don't know if you're aware, but California is at it again, trying to attack the airsoft industry. If this goes through, then Evike and AirsoftGI will be affected, and it will pave the road for similar bills in other states. Would you mind signing this petition to see if we can get a response on the matter? I'm sick of watching uneducated politicians treat our sport like its this crime that must be eradicated:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rsoft/dkGRjlPZ
Old 02-25-2015, 11:45 PM

Hoss is a Private
I don't want to be "that guy" but this same thing happens every year... Nothing ever comes out of it... I have been hearing this same thing for the past four or more years...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2015, 01:58 PM

Blowtorch is a Private
That isn't just Commifornia; it's a federal bill. This affects every single airsofter in America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
I don't want to be "that guy" but this same thing happens every year... Nothing ever comes out of it... I have been hearing this same thing for the past four or more years...

It actually did affect California, they passed a statewide bright colors sort of law recently. It goes into effect on January 1st, 2016 IIRC.
I call my gun the "Sex Panther".

60% of the time, it works every time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
You all made it. You're alive. Breathe deeply. AO is back up.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:24 PM

kismet is a Private
The California one is nonsense you just have to have colored tape on your gun.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:30 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
If for some reason this does pass, there is nothing they can do about using them on private property. You obviously can still buy parts and change the appearance to look the way it should and then use your gun on any field. It's just like the "Orange-Tip Policy" where they must be sold with the bright orange tip or now in this care, bright covered parts.

Will it be a pain? Of course.
Will it destroy the sport? Never.

*edit* Most likely manufactures' will just cover the gun in bright tape and then you could remove it later, just like an orange tip or orange tape.

And for those of you who want to read the bill. https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s213/text
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 02-26-2015, 04:34 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
Also saw this posted on some other forums. Educate yourselves as well.

Hey airsoft customers. Here you go. Copy and post this whenever anyone posts about the white house petition regarding that senate bill forcing you to paint your bb blasters:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_th...ning_system%29
Hope this helps educate everyone on what a white house petition is.
You are alerting the white house, a rabid anti gun establishment, to a new cause.
All white house petitions do is force the administration to review the bill and issue a statement on it, in this case in line with their existing anti gun views.
Your opinions in the petition don't matter.
You are alerting the enemy.
Follow the NRA playbook. It is successful. Contact your local pro gun and pro business representatives. You are shooting yourself and the hobby in the foot with this feel good gen Y, Generation Hash tag approach.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Old 02-26-2015, 04:48 PM

Regan is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvyin View Post
Also saw this posted on some other forums. Educate yourselves as well.

Hey airsoft customers. Here you go. Copy and post this whenever anyone posts about the white house petition regarding that senate bill forcing you to paint your bb blasters:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_th...ning_system%29
Hope this helps educate everyone on what a white house petition is.
You are alerting the white house, a rabid anti gun establishment, to a new cause.
All white house petitions do is force the administration to review the bill and issue a statement on it, in this case in line with their existing anti gun views.
Your opinions in the petition don't matter.
You are alerting the enemy.
Follow the NRA playbook. It is successful. Contact your local pro gun and pro business representatives. You are shooting yourself and the hobby in the foot with this feel good gen Y, Generation Hash tag approach.
This guy. 100% correct. Gotta pay the rules of the game, not just hash tag something and think the world will change. Thank you for the enlightenment Vin.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:25 PM
Interprets things far too literally....

ReverseFlank is a Private
And the grammar. Wow.

Petitions are not worth the paper they are written on.
But why do we bother doing anything that's pointless. What would Leonardo Da Vinci have done if a management consultant forced him to run a P&L on the Mona Lisa? He'd stab the son of a ***** in the eye with a charcoal pencil. Then he'd go invent the helicopter.

[Texx] 11:14 pm: giving Loki Neg Rep is like pissing on a forest fire...sure its fun and toasty but come on
Old 02-27-2015, 12:02 PM

Spear99 is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvyin View Post
If for some reason this does pass, there is nothing they can do about using them on private property. You obviously can still buy parts and change the appearance to look the way it should and then use your gun on any field. It's just like the "Orange-Tip Policy" where they must be sold with the bright orange tip or now in this care, bright covered parts.

Will it be a pain? Of course.
Will it destroy the sport? Never.

*edit* Most likely manufactures' will just cover the gun in bright tape and then you could remove it later, just like an orange tip or orange tape.

And for those of you who want to read the bill. https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s213/text
If you have read the bill you will realize the stipulations that the coloration be permanent, and manufactured into the gun, not applied after manufacturing by the middle man.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:45 AM

epicfacethe3rd is a Private
what entertains me is the absurdity of the law. anyone can go out and buy a pink glock, M1911, or AR15, but that's not covered. what seems like a good idea to one guy does a huge amount of bullsh*t for everyone else. this just makes it harder for the cops.
if they are going to do this, at least make it legal to buy ones without the coloring if you have a special license, a la UK law.

"if it doesn't work, kick it. hard."
Callsign: "Zero"

Last edited by epicfacethe3rd; 02-28-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:16 PM

Vinvyin is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear99 View Post
If you have read the bill you will realize the stipulations that the coloration be permanent, and manufactured into the gun, not applied after manufacturing by the middle man.
Permanent or not, it won't stop people from swapping the parts to their preferred color.

Or better yet, build your own.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:55 PM

Hoss is a Private
No matter what happens it won't be illegal to change all the parts out. Just like its not illegal to remove the orange tip from our guns now. Just will be more expensive. I agree with Vinvyin though, just build your own from the ground up lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: