Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 10-18-2009, 12:31 PM

wahugg is a Private
Send a message via AIM to wahugg
Question Eletrical problem for M4.

Hey. My M4 (Jg M4- S-system) has been having eletrical problems. First off it has been giving me some problems by not being able to pull back the spring. I took it apart and made sure all the wieres were in place and that everything was were it should be. I then put it all back together and i blew the fuse beause of an error i had made when putting back the motor and wires that went to it. I then fixed that and put in a new fuse but i noticed that my battery was getting warmer that usual. I doubles checked everything and even hooked up an eletrical short detecting computer and it said all was ok. Then today i was shooting it on full auto and after about 15 shots the motor started to slow down incrediabley till it couldn't pull back the spring at all. I then touched the battery and it was buring hot, the hottest i had ever known it to be. So now i come to the AO community for help.
We wish we could've lived our lives without making any wrong turns. But that's impossible. A path like that doesn't exist. We fall. We trip. We get lost. We make mistakes. And little by little, one step at a time, we push forward. It's all we can do on our own two feet. Even if we get a little banged up. Someday, we'll reach something. We'll reach someone. - A true Friend
Old 10-18-2009, 12:36 PM

Loose is a Private
Have you made any recent upgrades or changes to the gun.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:56 PM

wahugg is a Private
No i havent it is still all the same parts that were working awsome until the problem with the motor not being able to pull back the pistion.
We wish we could've lived our lives without making any wrong turns. But that's impossible. A path like that doesn't exist. We fall. We trip. We get lost. We make mistakes. And little by little, one step at a time, we push forward. It's all we can do on our own two feet. Even if we get a little banged up. Someday, we'll reach something. We'll reach someone. - A true Friend
Old 10-18-2009, 01:07 PM

Loose is a Private
Have you checked the motor adjustment. That could be throwing it off, and is an easy fix if it is the problem. So I would check that first before moving on to other solutions.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:20 PM

wahugg is a Private
I know. i have made sure the motor is aligned and its not to far out or in. I will try again just to make sure.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:37 PM

wahugg is a Private
Well it is the motor in a way. The motor would just click so i took it out and i tryed to turn it on all it did was click and the motor head would not move at all. This a huge wtf to me because just at 1:30 today it was working 100% before i took it out and shot it and it ceased up. any idea that could cause this?
Old 10-18-2009, 02:28 PM

shorty is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahugg View Post
I then put it all back together and i blew the fuse beause of an error i had made when putting back the motor and wires that went to it.
Can you give more detail by what you mean when you put the motor wires on wrong. If the two wires were switched and on the wrong "terminal" (i guess thats what it would be called), then you could have shorted your motor.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:58 PM

Tassidarxb is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Tassidarxb
Have you tried using someone else's battery?
Old 10-18-2009, 04:55 PM

Warlock is a Private
If the motor ceased up mid shoot then your battery may not be able to provide enough torque to complete a cycle. Since its half engaged it will take substaintally more torque to start moving again. As I understand your gun will not fire at all correct? If not what voltage battery do you have? You may need a larger voltage to complete that half cycle. If this is the case and you cannot get the gun to fire with another battery then you will most likely have to open the gearbox with a compressed spring and reset it back to its normal position.

This is all assuming however that the issue is not the motor. Make sure your battery is fully charged that could have caused the problem with it not being able to complete a cycle in the first place.
________
Og Kush

Last edited by Warlock; 05-15-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:51 PM

wahugg is a Private
I have a 8.4 volt battery. I know that shouldn't be the battery because it has worked with everyting for the past couple months. When i say the motor stops i dont think i said it clear enough. It is like a light bulb that is nice and bright but after just a few seconds it dims down and dies. It acts as if the voltage is cut off. I know this is not true because of my battery meter. The meter shows a constant suply of electricity.
When i mean i wired it up wrong i had it so there wasnt enough contact on the motor. I now have fixed that problem.

Tags
battery, broken, electrical, jg m4, problem

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: