Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Events > Upcoming Airsoft Events

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 PM

Dougrich is a Recruit Private
I might have missed this, but will payment be done on pay pal?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
Doug it will indeed. We will be opening pre-registration either late Feb. early March. There will be NO pay at the gate as there is a significant cost associated with props .
Old 01-13-2011, 10:34 PM

Panda is a Private
Would we get our "barter items" back? I want to use some old books, but I will need them back at the end of the day if i were to bring them. How much would a few "classic novels"(The Odessey, A Christmas Story, Flowers for Algernon) be worth ?
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 01-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Space Wizard

For those who would like to get their "barter" back in the case of books I would suggest marking them and getting the name of the player you bartered with . When we thought of the concept of barter we thought of things that most people wouldn't mind if they never got back and was inexpensive. Books are a great item and would be invaluable as both entertainment and education.

Something like a label with your name on it or writing your name and address in the front cover would be good ways to ensure it's return I would imagine. As far as value goes? Each book would probably constitute 1 barter item although part of the fun of barter is haggling the value to either the RP'ers or another faction .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOA_X-Ray View Post
Would we get our "barter items" back? I want to use some old books, but I will need them back at the end of the day if i were to bring them. How much would a few "classic novels"(The Odessey, A Christmas Story, Flowers for Algernon) be worth ?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
Flowers for Algernon will be worth nothing. That was the saddest, most worthless book I was ever forced to read.

Now The Odyssey, we might be able to talk, just as long as its in Braille.

But seriously, if you bring an approved barter item, just have a way to clearly mark it so that everyone knows its yours. I think that the Raiders are going to provide a bulk of the barter. This is why we are doing no pay at the gate.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 01-13-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
Doug it will indeed. We will be opening pre-registration either late Feb. early March. There will be NO pay at the gate as there is a significant cost associated with props .
Ok, that's cool. I guess I'll finally get to use my pay pal account, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOA_X-Ray View Post
I'd suggest just picking up some books from goodwill. That's where I'm getting my costume as it is. It beats taking a risk of the books getting damaged or destroyed.

Also, Stang...The Great Gatsby is the most worthless book ever produced.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:46 PM

BLACK SE7EN is a Private First Class
Would it be possible to pay at a radiers game before june, like the one in march? Who from spear si attending? If i go i'll want to run with them.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Space Wizard

Se7en that would be fine if you want to pay at Midnight Rising. Spear is running the White faction.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:02 PM

War clown is a Private
Send a message via AIM to War clown
This is like a dream come true airsoft event, I only wish this was a week sooner, I leave for boot camp june 6th~!
Old 01-14-2011, 10:30 PM

Ogdru is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Ogdru
[IMG][/IMG] I decided I would dig out/scrape together all of the survival stuff I had to see what I would probably be carrying. Shotgun is UTG and the pistol is a Firepower Springer. I want to replace the backpack with something less... reflective before Nightfall rolls around.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:22 AM

Torque is a Private
Nice loadout Ogdru! That's definitely the right track, items you would have around when the SHTF. Survival items are always handy, hopefully you keep some of those in your car as well (like in a BOB).

At BioShock 1, as Col. Torque of a large platoon, I ran through the whole event with an M9 GBB and several mags. That was it in terms of firepower. Had an absolute blast, and surprisingly didn't feel outgunned. Thinking of doing the same for this event.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:08 AM

Panda is a Private
Honestly, those books were gonna go in my End-Of-The-Year bonfire, along with my notebooks and old papers, but if they would be "worth" anything to bring, I will spare them .
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 01-15-2011, 01:18 PM

Ogdru is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Ogdru
Thanks, I keep the first aid supplies on me pretty much everywhere. I've got alot more field manuals and survival books, but I didn't feel like dragging them all off my bookcase. I figure that the basic survival needs items would make great barter items in times of distress. Anything to start/maintain a heat source, anything to boil/purify water (Iodine tablets as well), and any kind of non-perishable food source or MRE.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:32 PM

Panda is a Private
Odgru, THAT is a good survivor loadout. I have one very similar to it. I will try to post pictures if possible.

EDIT: It actually just hit me that this event will be in the middle of June. My current loadout is geared towards spring, so I will have to make some minor adjustments...
Quote:

Last edited by Panda; 01-15-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Space Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
Nice loadout Ogdru! That's definitely the right track, items you would have around when the SHTF. Survival items are always handy, hopefully you keep some of those in your car as well (like in a BOB).

At BioShock 1, as Col. Torque of a large platoon, I ran through the whole event with an M9 GBB and several mags. That was it in terms of firepower. Had an absolute blast, and surprisingly didn't feel outgunned. Thinking of doing the same for this event.
This is a great example of the mentality we are hoping to foster at the event. I hope that there are more who follow your example Torque.

@Ogdru - That is a truly fantastic example of what players should be thinking about for their kit. Items that have a utilitarian focus and have value to those in world we are setting. Great job man and thanks for the post with pictures, I think that will help some players figure out how to load up for this one.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:08 PM

Panda is a Private
My current scavenged stuff. Is there a limit to the barter items, such as how many you can bring or what is worth anything or not?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNP0018.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	3887   Click image for larger version

Name:	SUNP0014.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	3888  
Quote:
Old 01-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Space Wizard

X-Ray we are asking that each player bring no more than 5 personal barter items and 2 cans of food. These can be anything that would have value as a trade commodity. While in reality there are probably things that are worth more than others (i.e. a book on medicine versus a pez dispenser) but for simplicity we are saying all barter is created equal.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:24 PM

Panda is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahm740 View Post
X-Ray we are asking that each player bring no more than 5 personal barter items and 2 cans of food. These can be anything that would have value as a trade commodity. While in reality there are probably things that are worth more than others (i.e. a book on medicine versus a pez dispenser) but for simplicity we are saying all barter is created equal.
Ok. I'm so mad this event won't happen until June. I'm ready for it now!!
Quote:
Old 01-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Space Wizard

All good things with time. Would rather plan this one out well then rush it. That being said I am having a hard time waiting myself .
Old 01-16-2011, 07:36 PM

You know two cans of food per person is alot. Where you planning on collecting it all at the end of the game and donating it?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Space Wizard

Yes Doug we are. If you read the event description ALL food collected at the event both by players and factions will be donated to the Athens County food bank. Any clothing used for barter (i.e. old boots, shoes etc.) that people want to donate will be donated to the Athens branch of the goodwill.

The personal food is used for several things that food your faction has won't be. 1. Admission into barter town costs 1 can of food for 15 minutes of time inside the town. 2. Several role-players can be hired and/or bribed for food. Nothing says attitude adjustment like 20 year old peaches in heavy syrup .
Old 01-17-2011, 05:52 PM

*Rooster* is a Private
Two questions:
1. Can we see what faction represents and what it fights for? (ie: Brotherhood of Steel, Talon Company, NCR, Legion) or is this like decide as you go?
2. Can you bring more than one weapon? Like a sidearm?

Formerly "M4 Rules"
Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 PM

*Rooster* is a Private
Oh and I forgot one,
How much would a real poker chip be worth? Can it be like the platinum chip in New Vegas? (:
REALLY want to come to this with a few friends.

Formerly "M4 Rules"
Old 01-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Administrator

79stang is a Private
Well considering money, in all forums, would be useless in this world, hence the barter.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Old 01-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Space Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Rooster* View Post
Oh and I forgot one,
How much would a real poker chip be worth? Can it be like the platinum chip in New Vegas? (:
REALLY want to come to this with a few friends.
As previously stated all barter is created equal and no, no platinum chips guys sorry . Who knows what people would consider valuable 20 years after the fall.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see your above post either, this is not a fallout event so there will be no brotherhood or NCR. The factions and their personalities are up to those who are running them. As organizers we are not limiting agenda, personality or goals that is up to the faction leaders to decide. As of right now it is just Red, White and Blue.

Last edited by jonahm740; 01-17-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Adding info

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: