Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 12-08-2010, 05:00 PM

Mav is a Private
Like you said, the likelihood of me actually getting close enough to touch someone is slim to none. I was just asking if knife kills were in effect so in the incredibly small chance the opportunity would arise or if I was touched by one, I could either be backed up by the event planner or act accordingly. But the point you brought up was a good one and one I had not thought of. So my knife will be staying in its sheath for the entirety of the event. Thanks for the heads up before it became an issue.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Miyagi is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Miyagi
Thanks for asking the question. It's better to ask now then to get into a bad situation on the field.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:32 PM

BIRDSTRIKE is a Recruit Private
Smile "Knife Kills" part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Like you said, the likelihood of me actually getting close enough to touch someone is slim to none. I was just asking if knife kills were in effect so in the incredibly small chance the opportunity would arise or if I was touched by one, I could either be backed up by the event planner or act accordingly. But the point you brought up was a good one and one I had not thought of. So my knife will be staying in its sheath for the entirety of the event. Thanks for the heads up before it became an issue.
No problem Mav, I am glad you asked. Simulated hand to hand fighting is very different than simulated projectile fighting. We can chrono a gun. You can't chrono a fake knife.

As far as being knife killed by someone else. It has never happened to me. I have only seen it once in three years. The player who did it tapped the two guys he killed on the shoulder. Sure we all said "they got their throats slit" but I don't even think the player who did it had a fake knife on him (save that vest space for ammo). He was close enough to "knife" the guy so we called it that. We could have said he "bludgeoned the other player to death with a rock" or "removed the enemies brains through of his eye sockets with a melon baller" but those takes to long to say.

In reality most players will use the bang bang rule even when they cane knife someone. It helps makes sure you have your gun up and you don't get caught with your pants down. Often times the battle buddy of the bloke you just took out will notice you. That is exactly what happened to the guy from the story above, the rest of the dead guys' squad lit him up when they finally saw him.

If someone does get violent with a "knife kill", starts trying to do some hand to hand crap they saw on TV, or is in general being dangerous get the hell away from them. Do not argue with them, do not fight with them, just put your rag on and walk away. If you can get your squad to do the same do it. "I am out of here, this is getting unsafe," is a good line to use. When you are away from the offending player tell an event staffer (ref, host, certain role players if the event has them, or your team CO) . Give them a description of the player or callsign (if you know it) along with a description of what the player was doing. The event staff will handle it, its their job.

I hope that helps and remember its just a game. I look forward to playing with you next sat!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:53 PM

wyattcravatas is a Private
i have a combo of olivedrab and acu , would i be on green or tan?
Old 12-09-2010, 07:15 PM

Karma is a Private
Neither since you can't mix uniforms.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:48 PM

Ogdru is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Ogdru
My team just switched to Multicam and my gear is OD. Is that going to count as mixing uniforms? I want to clear this up before I show up there and get told it's unacceptable.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:51 PM

Miyagi is a Private
Gear color does not matter
Old 12-09-2010, 07:51 PM

Saber_0341 is a Private
That is correct. You need to have a complete set of cammies. Complete, meaning matching. Being a milsim event the rules have been stated and should be followed.

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but will defend with my life your right to say it." E.B. Hall

Semper Fidelis
Old 12-09-2010, 07:52 PM

Ogdru is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Ogdru
Thank you. I was pretty sure but wanted to be 100%.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:58 PM

SpecialOp7 is Currently being Court Martialled
Send a message via AIM to SpecialOp7
If anyone absolutely needs an extra pair of bdu's I have the following that they can borrow: woodland set, xl, woodland bottoms l, and multicam medium.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:20 PM

Saber_0341 is a Private
Thank you SpecOps. If anyone is in need of of tan or green cammies; I too will bring a few sets. Please pm if in need to keep thread on track and uncluttered.

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but will defend with my life your right to say it." E.B. Hall

Semper Fidelis
Old 12-10-2010, 08:43 AM

ilvfly is a Private
Send a message via AIM to ilvfly Send a message via Yahoo to ilvfly
The old man will take you down like rabid dogs? No I mean that's brilliant. If anyone gets in any kind of arguement make sure you put the other person down and send them to the hospital before asking questions....... Future of airsoft right there. Christ. Might have just turned me off to northeast ohio games.
"when I get home people'll ask me,'hey Hoot, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some war junkie?' Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand it's about the man next to you, and that's it. That's all it is."

---1st Sargeant Norman Hooten

Rangers lead the way. All the way!!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:12 AM

Fanglor is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Fanglor Send a message via MSN to Fanglor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvfly View Post
The old man will take you down like rabid dogs? No I mean that's brilliant. If anyone gets in any kind of arguement make sure you put the other person down and send them to the hospital before asking questions....... Future of airsoft right there. Christ. Might have just turned me off to northeast ohio games.

What...? Idle chatter or attempting to make a joke?
Old 12-10-2010, 09:21 AM

Miyagi is a Private
Quote:
Do you really think I am going to put someone in the ER over airsoft? WOW

Back on track.....FINAL DROPOUT IS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT
Old 12-10-2010, 09:25 AM

Saber_0341 is a Private
The "old man" referred to is Miyagi and given that he is the event's organizer it is his job to address situations that may arise. In regards to the particular issue you refer to; if a physical altercation (to include knives which is the subject of the issue) were to happen, there is no doubt that it would be handled properly and with the assistance of the authorities. Your displeasure towards the state of play has already been posted via blog for all to see. Please do not litter an events thread with more of the same. Rest assured that not only is your mind set legitimate but empathized with. We as the event's staff will be working hard to ensure that the days events will not only be fun, but more importantly safe. If you have any other concerns, feel free to pm me and we can discuss at length.

Semper Fidelis
Old 12-10-2010, 08:47 PM

Fanglor is a Private
Remember people, thermals do wonders...it's gonna be bloody cold for you skinny folk. Let's try not to have anyone catch pneumonia
Old 12-11-2010, 04:39 AM

Miyagi is a Private
****Registration and payments are closed. Pay at the gate is only option. ****

ROSTER SOON TO FOLLOW AND WILL BE GIVEN TO THE CO's
Stay warm!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 02:05 PM

BIRDSTRIKE is a Recruit Private
Quote:
Read my whole post and the post after it. I am not talking about an "argument" or heated word, or what ever. I was talking about an actual fist fight or a violent confrontation. In fact I was discussing ways to make sure you don't accidentally cause one of them. The "will put you down" comment was an attempt at showing consequences of actually starting a fight with another player in a light joking almost sarcastic manner. A "dad will get mad" kind of thing.

Myagi is the host of this game. It is his job to deal with physical altercations. There is no doubt in my mind he would break up a "real" fight and hand both of the offending players off to the proper authorities. Do I think he would really purposely hurt someone to do it? No, he is to well trained and to smart for that.

The man is a retired Senior NCO from the Navy. He was an instructor at one of the more difficult schools in the Navy. The guy was EOD among other things. He knows how to handle hot headed young people, arguments, and fights. He did it for over 20 years in environments way more difficult than a weekend airsoft game.

Think of my post like this: If you start a fist fight by being stupid with a fake knife or putting your hands on people you should not, then some body will break it up. You will at a minimum be sent home and banned but the staff might call the cops to deal with you and your partner in crime. Therefore don't get that fake knife out or put your hands on people.

If I made it seem like we are going to be "put in the ER" for an argument "before anyone asks questions" I am sorry. I was trying to send the exact opposite message. My entire first and follow up posts were about safety. If I have turned you off of airsoft in the north east I am sorry you will miss out.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:41 PM

Spetsnaz is a Private
It's not Miyagi you have to worry about if you start a fist fight, it's me.

I'll sing you beautiful love songs while the police are on the way.

I am a fantastic singer.

Progressive Airsofter, for the good of the people. Since 2003.
KILL TAN.
Load outs: Russia | IDF. Molle and Multicam go home!
Have a Russian, Soviet, or Eastern Bloc kit? Interested in making one?
O-RUS
Old 12-12-2010, 06:20 PM

Sacrifice is a Recruit Private
I live 45 minutes from the field but will have to talk to the wife before I can say OK, I wouldnt hold your breathe, but it cant hurt to ask. 6 guyes times $10 sounds like a hotel though. Although I know you college types dont have alot of money.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:00 PM

theone is a Private
Sleep in your car? Thats what I would do.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:13 PM

ArmCav is a Private
As I look at the forcast for the event, with snow showers and below freezing weather, I was wondering what effect this has on AEG's. As this is my first cold weather event, I looked up cold weather effects on AEG's. An not sure what to believe or trust. aside from the effect on batteries, what else should I know and or worry about. I am wondering about the guns, not how I can keep warm, I know about that. Thanks
Old 12-12-2010, 08:17 PM

Miyagi is a Private
**NEW NEWS FROM SYNERGY**
CHICK-FI-A is providing items for purchase during the lunch break

If you want hot food, Please sound off so chick-fi-a can get a approximate headcount.

Last edited by Miyagi; 12-12-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:17 PM

Fanglor is a Private
I've played in the snow before but not in awhile. As far as I can tell, have two batteries and attempt to keep your batteries warm at all times. As far as I know it's all about the batteries being effected, so as it was said before...wrap them in socks, or maybe in an insulated box with a hand warmer. Don't put them in the guns until you are absolutely ready to either. That's just what I do though.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:44 PM

Norseman is a Private
Send a message via MSN to Norseman Send a message via Yahoo to Norseman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
**NEW NEWS FROM SYNERGY**
CHICK-FI-A is providing items for purchase during the lunch break

If you want hot food, Please sound off so chick-fi-a can get a approximate headcount.
YES! Count me in, I love me some chicken.

Fanglor, you bringing the SAW?

Til Valhall Nordiske Soldater

"All I hear is "BOOM", I look behind me, and Norseman is covered in flour from the mine he just set off, shouting "To Valhalla!" SAW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: