Airsoft Ohio Forums  
  #1  
Old 12-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Wolf902's Avatar
Wolf902 Wolf902 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Parma
Posts: 94
Wolf902 is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Just bought a KWA M9 PTP Tactical

So my KWA M9 PTP Tactical pistol arrived yesterday. ll admit the thing is awesome. Heavy,very realistic feeling over all. I have never owned a gas gun before so which should i use, green gas or propane? Is there anything else i need to worry about when I go to use it?

Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Grease Man's Avatar
Grease Man Grease Man is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 2,265
Blog Entries: 1
Grease Man is a Private First Class
Send a message via AIM to Grease Man
iTrader: (7)
Use either gas, both will work fine.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-03-2011, 06:05 PM
79stang's Avatar
79stang 79stang is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,220
79stang is a Private
iTrader: (3)
Yep, just be sure to keep the thing clean and oiled. I personally suggest using propane because its AO much cheaper.
__________________
You can't make a milsim without breaking a few noobs.

OP Bioshock II, OP Broadsword I,II,& III, OP Paydirt, OP Hot Steel, OP Gambit Package, OP Flashover, OP Hope, OP Intervention, OP Dark Horizon, OP BF9 & X

Team Blizzard

CA M4 CQBR-350FPS
King Arms GBBR-370FPS
Bravo PDW-380FPS
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Italian's Avatar
Italian Italian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oakly/East Walnut Hills
Posts: 1,775
Italian is a Recruit Private
iTrader: (26)
Use Green Gas till the warrantee is up, then you'll be fine using propane.


---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.123758,-84.477374
Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Vinvyin's Avatar
Vinvyin Vinvyin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newark
Posts: 1,027
Blog Entries: 2
Vinvyin is a Private
iTrader: (35)
Just make sure, when using propane, you add 3 drops of silicone oil to the canister every 5 - 10 mag fills.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-03-2011, 07:56 PM
MoA MoA is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 25
MoA is a Private
iTrader: (1)
Use .4's and turn the Hop-up all the way up. But be careful you don't turn it so hard that it blocks the feeding channel. By far the best purchase I've made so far.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Wolf902's Avatar
Wolf902 Wolf902 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Parma
Posts: 94
Wolf902 is a Private
iTrader: (0)
40 grams bbs?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Italian's Avatar
Italian Italian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oakly/East Walnut Hills
Posts: 1,775
Italian is a Recruit Private
iTrader: (26)
.4g. As in BBs that weigh four tenths of a gram.


Why would you use .4g BBs and turn the hop all the way up? It may be accurate and consistant at range, but the BB will be so slow that people could sit and have a cup of tea before the BB hits them.*




* Slight exaggeration
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Vinvyin's Avatar
Vinvyin Vinvyin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newark
Posts: 1,027
Blog Entries: 2
Vinvyin is a Private
iTrader: (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoA View Post
Use .4's and turn the Hop-up all the way up. But be careful you don't turn it so hard that it blocks the feeding channel. By far the best purchase I've made so far.
Its his first post ever lol. I wouldn't suggest that. Use .2 or .25 and adjust your hop up based on its curve.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Koyote's Avatar
Koyote Koyote is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 298
Koyote is a Private
Send a message via Yahoo to Koyote
iTrader: (1)
Don't be cheap use green gas that way you don't have to worry about adding to little or too much silicone oil...using propane will void the kwa warranty.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Vinvyin's Avatar
Vinvyin Vinvyin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newark
Posts: 1,027
Blog Entries: 2
Vinvyin is a Private
iTrader: (35)
Propane works just as well as green gas. The KWA M9 I have is 7 years old and has run on only propane. As long as you remember to add a few drops every 5 - 10 mag fills then you should have no problems. Just do as Italian said, use green gas till your warranty is up, then switch to propane. If you notice that you like green gas more than propane, go back to green gas.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Wolf902's Avatar
Wolf902 Wolf902 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Parma
Posts: 94
Wolf902 is a Private
iTrader: (0)
lol i know .4 idk why i said 40.. my bad. Yeah what i have now is 20g's and iv havnt messed with the hop up yet. It goes right through a box at 2 yards or so away, i got to make some more target papers and adjust it soon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-03-2011, 09:48 PM
doc_murray's Avatar
doc_murray doc_murray is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 127
doc_murray is a Private
iTrader: (2)
I own one and here is my advice.

1. heavy bbs, I like .3 boivals personally, hops well and still has zip.

2. clean it like a real weapon, just as often (after every use) go from a toothe brush to q tips to just paper towels till ther is not black left.

3. polish friction points with 400 grit and then 800 grit sandpaper. it will add to the efficiency of the operation. and use super lube on the slide and frame and silicon on the seals/valves/gaskets

4. keep the spring stretched. once if compresses you will find it may not return home all the way.
__________________
"give me a fast ship, for I intend to go in harms way" John Paul Jones
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Wolf902's Avatar
Wolf902 Wolf902 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Parma
Posts: 94
Wolf902 is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_murray View Post
I own one and here is my advice.

1. heavy bbs, I like .3 boivals personally, hops well and still has zip.

2. clean it like a real weapon, just as often (after every use) go from a toothe brush to q tips to just paper towels till ther is not black left.

3. polish friction points with 400 grit and then 800 grit sandpaper. it will add to the efficiency of the operation. and use super lube on the slide and frame and silicon on the seals/valves/gaskets

4. keep the spring stretched. once if compresses you will find it may not return home all the way.

Could you explain that to me in a noob way...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Italian's Avatar
Italian Italian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oakly/East Walnut Hills
Posts: 1,775
Italian is a Recruit Private
iTrader: (26)
There really isn't a noob way of explaining that. I'm not trying to be offensive, but other than "it may not return home all the way," Which means the slide is all the way forward, look up words in the dictionary if they're confusing you. There isn't a special gun or airsoft related meaning to those words (minus "hop." I'm sure you know what he means by that).
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Warpig07's Avatar
Warpig07 Warpig07 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 503
Blog Entries: 5
Warpig07 is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Warpig07
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf902 View Post
Could you explain that to me in a noob way...
what honestly helped me a lot with keeping my GBB running is watch youtube videos of either the real steel or airsoft versions being taken down. Once you see it a few times youll be able to do it no problem. Thats the beauty of these guns, takedown is simple and close to the real thing
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallets
everyone keeps repeating what everyone else says. everyone needs to "post less and read more..."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Jonezy's Avatar
Jonezy Jonezy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Perrysburg, OH
Posts: 760
Blog Entries: 3
Jonezy is a Private
iTrader: (41)
Good luck with yours. I ended up selling mine because it didn't take too kindly to lubricated propane. Be sure to use green gas with it and it wouldn't hurt to shake up the can before filling the mags.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Wolf902's Avatar
Wolf902 Wolf902 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Parma
Posts: 94
Wolf902 is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpig07 View Post
what honestly helped me a lot with keeping my GBB running is watch youtube videos of either the real steel or airsoft versions being taken down. Once you see it a few times youll be able to do it no problem. Thats the beauty of these guns, takedown is simple and close to the real thing
I understand the terms, but i do not know how to clean a gun. What is "black"?
Where are friction points?
And how do i keep the spring stretched? Take it out and stretch it or no..?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Italian's Avatar
Italian Italian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oakly/East Walnut Hills
Posts: 1,775
Italian is a Recruit Private
iTrader: (26)
Black is a color.

Friction points are points where the slide and frame touch and cause friction.

I think you're over thinking stuff, man.

Instead of keeping the gun assembled when you store it, take it apart and let the recoil spring just sit. Its compressed slightly when the gun is completely assembled.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Wolf902's Avatar
Wolf902 Wolf902 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Parma
Posts: 94
Wolf902 is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Sorry, It was just expensive i am afraid i will mess it up.

Btw should i be cleaning my m4 also..?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Italian's Avatar
Italian Italian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oakly/East Walnut Hills
Posts: 1,775
Italian is a Recruit Private
iTrader: (26)
Totally understandable, man. Take care of it, and the pistol will last you a good, long time.

Assuming your M4 is an AEG, all you should really do is clean the barrel every so often.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-04-2011, 03:24 PM
The Blind Sniper's Avatar
The Blind Sniper The Blind Sniper is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rootstown, OH
Posts: 46
Blog Entries: 4
The Blind Sniper is a Private
iTrader: (0)
nice, i plan on buying one, always wanted an airsoft M9, always thought they looked sexy
__________________
"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"-Lelouch Lamperouge
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-04-2011, 04:08 PM
doc_murray's Avatar
doc_murray doc_murray is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 127
doc_murray is a Private
iTrader: (2)
sorry to confuse

cleaning : disassemble the gun (only down to it's major components) and place the parts on a paper towel. brush off all of the parts of the slide with a tooth brush (not the one plan to use that night though) pay speasial attantion to the parts of the slide and frame that make contact (it friction point, where they link together) This will loosen most of the dirt and grim. wipe all the parts down with a paper towel. then proceed to use qtips to get into the channels, grooves and other small spaces. keep doing in until the q tips are free, or mostly free of black (dirt grime gunk . . . . . .)

super lube can be bought at a local hardware store, apply it in a thin layer to the channels of the slide and the frame (again, friction points) with a small paint brush (like water colors size). you may want to re do this every cleaning but it will make a huge difference in the consistancy of your m9s action.

oh and will be testing madbull 4s in my M9 and MP9 tonight at steel city airsoft, we will see how they do.

hope this cleared my post up
__________________
"give me a fast ship, for I intend to go in harms way" John Paul Jones
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Wolf902's Avatar
Wolf902 Wolf902 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Parma
Posts: 94
Wolf902 is a Private
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_murray View Post
sorry to confuse

cleaning : disassemble the gun (only down to it's major components) and place the parts on a paper towel. brush off all of the parts of the slide with a tooth brush (not the one plan to use that night though) pay speasial attantion to the parts of the slide and frame that make contact (it friction point, where they link together) This will loosen most of the dirt and grim. wipe all the parts down with a paper towel. then proceed to use qtips to get into the channels, grooves and other small spaces. keep doing in until the q tips are free, or mostly free of black (dirt grime gunk . . . . . .)

super lube can be bought at a local hardware store, apply it in a thin layer to the channels of the slide and the frame (again, friction points) with a small paint brush (like water colors size). you may want to re do this every cleaning but it will make a huge difference in the consistancy of your m9s action.

oh and will be testing madbull 4s in my M9 and MP9 tonight at steel city airsoft, we will see how they do.

hope this cleared my post up
thank you sir!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-07-2011, 11:36 AM
doc_murray's Avatar
doc_murray doc_murray is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 127
doc_murray is a Private
iTrader: (2)
the 4s work great in all of my kwa gbbs, and not issue with hit calling other than blatant cheating. worth considering
__________________
"give me a fast ship, for I intend to go in harms way" John Paul Jones
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gas, gun, kwa, pistol

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTS: Kwa m9 ptp w4r10ck Gas-Powered Weaponry 1 11-27-2011 11:06 AM
TTW: KWA M9 PTP Package w4r10ck Gas-Powered Weaponry 4 11-08-2011 06:50 PM
WTS/WTT: KWA M93R NS2 2x mags, KWA M9 PTP NS2(issues) 1 mag malik Gas-Powered Weaponry 2 08-03-2011 04:59 PM
WTS/WTT: KWA M9 PTP Tactical The Poser Gas-Powered Weaponry 3 01-02-2011 07:19 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Airsoft Guns, Tactical Gear, Military Gear, Ohio Airsoft Retailer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2005 - 2009 Airsoft Ohio