Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 02-05-2015, 03:36 PM

Jables is a Private
The Ideal Field

No, this is not some "I want to start my own field, how do I do it?" threads. Nor is this something that can be looked back into using the search function.

The field already exists. It's been running strong for almost 4 years now, but a great opportunity has risen.

War Den Airsoft was handed over from the single owner to a committee of people, with a fully loaded board ready to oversee new ideas and a large sum of people to put those ideas into action.

Funds are no longer profits to a business, but a budget for a non-profit organization, therefore all funds earned are put back into the field.

That being said, this greatly expands the field's horizons. There are about 23 acres of land that include 2 hills, 2 fields, and a lot of wooded area. There are buildings already placed, and paths already carved. But the committee has decided that the field is in need of an overhaul.

So my question to AO is: What do YOU want to see in a field such as this? Suggest only realistic ideas - as in, no 3 story building complete with elevators and helipad.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:22 PM

DrenneR is a Private
a decently built up city.

DRENNER
OMG05
Ohio Milsim Group
https://www.facebook.com/Ohiomilsimgroup
Old 02-05-2015, 09:30 PM

Steppes is a Private
Take the fort in the back, and build a village around it. That would make for some sweet firefights. Maybe a decent FOB in the back of the field for larger events, but that back wooded area is great for mini recon ops, I'd keep it relatively the same.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:20 PM

kismet is a Private
What ive always wanted to see is a almost colonial fort with buildings on the edges and closing gates(no heavy artillery in airsoft means no need for bunkers). You could do some cool game modes of defend the fort for hours not minutes.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:44 PM

Steppes is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by kismet View Post
What ive always wanted to see is a almost colonial fort with buildings on the edges and closing gates(no heavy artillery in airsoft means no need for bunkers). You could do some cool game modes of defend the fort for hours not minutes.
they kind of have that. It's always hilarious to try and breach the front gate when half the kids don't know any breaching tactics. I'm not trying to bash on anyones skills, just the experience of yelling "get in, get in, get in!" while no one moves is stupid funny after the fact.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:02 AM

Jables is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrenneR View Post
a decently built up city.
We are in the workings of this right now. The higher-up guys in the committee have been designing a better layout for the city. They're getting rid of the air strip and just making it part of the main city, as we never simulate aircraft anyway. I'll try to post up what they're planning later today - I can't access the plans at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismet View Post
We actually have something very close to this. The gate is very...Sketchy, to say the least. It's awkward to kick open because of it's general weight and building material, and literally the dude who is kicking it open is pretty much just sacrificial as he inevitably dies as soon as the gate is open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppes View Post
they kind of have that. It's always hilarious to try and breach the front gate when half the kids don't know any breaching tactics. I'm not trying to bash on anyones skills, just the experience of yelling "get in, get in, get in!" while no one moves is stupid funny after the fact.
I'm very guilty of this

I normally pep talk some little kids to go in first.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:41 AM

epicfacethe3rd is a Private
tunnels, a la Vietnam/maginot line

"if it doesn't work, kick it. hard."
Callsign: "Zero"

Tags
2015 airsoft season, neo, stone creek, war den airsoft

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: