Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 07-07-2011, 02:50 PM

Jables is a Private
Airsoft Team of The Tuscarawas Area

Dear fellow airsofters,

About a year ago, I formed a team known as Bad Company. Since then, we've had many different names...For about 2 weeks, we were the Angels of Damnation (not my intentions, a team mate went through with it without my concent), but we had to change that name do to legal purposes with a band called Angel of Damnation. They claimed they owned both Angels of Damnation and Angel of Damntion..So then we became the Imperial Fist. We had gotten permision from Games Workshop to use the name. And now, we have finally chosen a good name and are keeping it permenently: The 71st

As of right now, we only have 9 people. I want to have at least 10 before we head out for any tournements. So, for the first time, we're extending our area of recruitment to the Akron area and Coshocton County. Head over to our site to check us out!

http://the71st.webstarts.com

Last edited by Jables; 08-17-2011 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Fixing the URL and Team name also needed to edit the number of members
Old 07-24-2011, 12:06 PM

Jables is a Private
Someone posted on the site with the name of John Smith. They have not filled out the needed information and has not checked back since the 7th of July. If it is someone from AO, let me know and please fix your mistakes.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:06 PM

Jables is a Private
Before everyone gets butthurt over necro-posting, I'm pretty sure the OP has the right to update his own post.

Anyway, we're known as 'The 71st Soviet Shock Division'. No, we have not gone full Russian yet..We adopted the old 'Eastern Bloc Airsoft' patch about a week ago though.

Also, we've made a joint alliance with the legendary Devil's Brigade and possibly Black Watch. We've lost two members since I last updated. So we're at about 5 regulars and about 3 other people who rarely show up for events.

We also now have requirements for the team:

MUST have the maturity of a 13 year old, AT LEAST. Or at least have the mental capacity so we may mature you up.

You MUST have something other than a spring/gas pistol. We are accepting applications for those with LPEGs since our teams is based around getting new people into Airsoft.

You MUST have full woodland BDU. Old 80's US Airforce woodland is acceptable. However, a woodland jumpsuit will not be accepted.

You MUST have a full face mask that is ANSI .Z871 rated if you're under the age of 18. Anyone over 18 is allowed to use full seal goggles. Mouth protection is highly recomended.

You MUST be able to attend a War Den event AT LEAST ONCE EVERY MONTH!!

You MUST be able to travel to Newcomerstown for practice.

A decent Russian accent will would help. Possibly with the knowledge of a few Russian words.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:44 PM

Jables is a Private
I would like to officially announce (by officially I mean finally getting around to posting on AO again) the return of the glorious team once known as the '71st Soviet Shock Division'.

We've changed our name to 'The 71st Shock Division' to get rid of our former commie bloc theme.

As of right now, we have no theme and we have no intentions of making a theme. Our goal is simply to bring new players into sport and show them the ropes like we have done the day we created the team. Here's our current requirements to join:

Must be at least 12 years of age and under the age of 21. As the team ages, the max age limit will go up. Our oldest member is 17 (as of February 6, 2013), when he hits 21 the age limit will go up to 25.

Must have common sense. We will not take anyone who thinks they're a "1337 SnIpOrZ pRoZ".

Must have at least a LPEG (Low Powered Electric Gun. This is your average $20-$50 Airsoft gun) No springers will be permitted as primarys. However, springers will be permitted as secondaries. We will allow the exception of a springer that shoots over 350 FPS. This springers can be used as a DMR (Yes, we know DMRs are supposed to be semi-auto, but you know what we mean). Bolt-Action rifles are not classified as springers in our book. They can be used as primarys, but it is recommended that you have a semi-auto pistol for a secondary to make up for the lack of firepower.

Must have some sort of camouflage. Hunting camo is fine so long as it has no orange on it and that you're willing to buy a military-type of camouflage. M81 Woodland can be purchased for as low as $10-$30 from surplus stores.

Must have a paintball mask that meets or exceeds ANSI.Z87 ratings (We'll make an exception for anyone who is 16 or over, but you still need something that is going to cover your mouth).

Must live within one (1) hour of War Den Airsoft or Newcomerstown.

Must attend one (1) War Den event (whether it be a Military Simulation or a simple open-play).

Requirements for members:

Have M81 Woodland at 5 months of membership. M81 Woodland is the 71st's official camouflage. However, if you have a different camouflage that you wish to use, speak to our quartermaster, Kage. As of 2/25/13, we're giving the okay for anyone wanting to use Multi-Cam, however you need some way of being identified by other members.

NO payments need to be made for membership. The team will always remain free. We're a low-budget group of friends who are simply in this for the sport. We're not charging anyone anything to join our little militia.

Have a decent competition grade AEG one (1) year into membership.

Rules

READ THE CODE OF CONDUCT BEFORE MAKING A REQUEST TO JOIN!!!

Obey ALL field rules.

Use common sense.

Do NOT break any real world laws while participating in a game.

Show respect to teamates and others both on and off the field.

Meetings will be held when needed - if you do not participate in the meeting, you may not complain about something that was decided during that meeting. In order to change something, you must participate in the next meeting.

For more information, go to www.the71st.webstarts.com or simply PM me.

Last edited by Jables; 04-08-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:46 PM

Jables is a Private
As of right now, the 71st is no longer recruiting.

We've gained quite a few members and we're switching to invite only.

~Jables
Old 05-30-2013, 11:09 AM

john is a Private
come out to the neo game this saturday. Id like to meet you guys.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:58 PM

Jables is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
come out to the neo game this saturday. Id like to meet you guys.
As much as we'd like to, the majority of us can't. One of our main issues right now is transportation. The NEO event is being held somewhere north of Akron, and Akron is a ways for us. If I would have gotten on AO sooner (I haven't been on here in while), I may have been able to make plans ahead of time to get us up there. The majority of my team will be going to War Den Airsoft this Saturday, which is about 15 miles down the road from us. I won't be attending this one, however.

Now, if there is another NEO event coming up, we might be able to make it to that one. I'd love to get the team somewhere other than War Den. War Den is a great field, but we've been going there for almost 2 years now and the competition is stale. It's usually just regulars and people who newer teams dragged out of their neighborhood or the local paintball field. I think once we start getting more transportation options, we'll start making it to much larger fields around Ohio. We have no problem with staying in a motel for an open-play.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:30 PM

john is a Private
the neo day is actually in trumbull county warren area. We'll be having another in the end of june or start of july
Old 05-30-2013, 04:54 PM

Jables is a Private
We might be able to make to the next one. I'll talk it over with the team. Warren is a 2 hour drive from where we are. ;o
Old 09-26-2013, 02:08 AM

Jables is a Private
Once again, the 71st is need of recruits. Unlike last time though, we're adding a few restrictions:

1. Must be an active member
2. We actually have to meet you in person
3. Actually talk to us on and off the field
4. Actually run with us on the field

We recruited about 5 new guys in one day and not one of them gave us any contact information and not one of them actually ran with us on the field. We're only looking for serious members at this time. Anyone who is able to attend War Den Airsoft, at least 13 years of age, and willing to actually run with us on the field is welcome to join.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:42 PM

Jables is a Private
The 71st still has slots that need filled! Remember: We welcome those who are new to the sport!

New to the sport? Need a team to help show you the ropes? Join the 71st! We provide a list of minimum essentials to help you get started and we also provide endurance training.

Check us out at www.the71st.webstarts.com or visit our forums (which are practically useless) at www.the71st.forumfree.it. If you wish to contact us through other means, e-mail as: the71stAT@gmail.com.

See you on the battlefield!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:37 PM

bnagley is a Private
Send a message via AIM to bnagley
I like this. This thread tell the people who you are, where you come from, what your looking for in new members. Super Highspeed-LD.

I would like to play with you guys sometime. Sunday we'll be at elite action sports.

Lake Erie Airsoft Division Squad Leader
Does this make me awesome
Old 10-23-2013, 08:51 PM

Jables is a Private
Although we're very leniant on a lot of our member's behaviour, one of the things that we do require in our new members is that they be mature when they need to be. We didn't stress this enough back in the day, and that eventually lead to our team's demise. Now that we're reformed, we value maturity. It makes us look good in the airsoft community and makes running with everyone on the field a whole lot better.

As for making to Elite Action Sports, that's a bit impossible. Our rides won't take us farther than Canton, and even that's pushing it. As of right now, the only sanctioned field we've played at has been War Den Airsoft. However, coming next year, we'll be able to go MUCH farther.

As for ever playing with us, just ask around the War Den community - I can't say we make a large impact on the general community, but the people who do notice us as a team enjoy running with us. We're hysterical
Old 01-19-2014, 08:03 PM

Jables is a Private
The 71st Shock Division has been around AO and the airsoft community for a while now, and we've decided to start stepping up in the world.

Through years of hard work, independently crawling our way towards renown; we have decided to start looking for third-party help - namely, War Den Airsoft. While War Den Airsoft has always been our homefield and has always helped in the background (whether it be giving us extra play time, getting our guns running for cheap, or simply helping us out financially), they have never directly aided us openly. Yes, the actions have been repaid back with PLENTY of advertisement for the field, company, and the very sport of airsoft - but we believe it is time for a more official relationship with War Den Airsoft LLC.

As some of you may or may not know, War Den Airsoft has a sponsorship program, something that many airsoft related businesses do not offer. My team and I have been discussing, for about a week now, whether or not we should go through with this. The agreement on our part means we have to be more devoted to the sport and specifically, War Den Airsoft. The sponsorship requires that we:

Have at least (6) players
Attend (6) War Den Airsoft Open Plays (which is 3 months worth of open plays) per year
Attend (2) War Den Airsoft Special Events (we're assuming this means Milsims) per year
And (1) National Airsoft Event (such as Lion Claw) per year

On our end, we get a whole load of bonuses such as discounts, training time, and advertisement.

So from now on, we only want SERIOUS members/recruitment request.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:11 PM

Jables is a Private
We are once again shutting down our recruitment.

If we want you to join, we'll let you know.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:48 PM

Jables is a Private
Just a quick reminder that we are still up and running!

We haven't got out to as many new fields (or games in general) was we would have liked this season, but we're still attending open plays at War Den Airsoft every first and third Saturday of every month, so if you would like to play with us, come to Stone Creek and get signed in.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:48 PM

Jables is a Private
We're still alive, and we're looking to expand a bit more.

If interested, definitely check out our site @ www.the71st.webstarts.com.

Tags
great thread, i care, neo teams, tenacious d, terrible thread, war den airsoft, who cares

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: