Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 02-19-2016, 09:03 AM

GergLeft is a Private
What's up from Toledo

Okay - technically I'm not from Toledo...or Ohio for that matter, but I'm just north of the border into Temperance, MI and used to play with the guys from Toledo Airsoft at Homecoming park. Used to (and will again) go by the call sign "GergLeft". It's been a long time since I played (2006...2007?) when we had issues with people calling hits, etc - from what I've heard it's gotten better - hopefully that's true.

These days I'm running an L96 with a cheap electric MP5 and cheap gas pistol for backup/sidearms.

Anyhow - like I said I'm in the Toledo area still and looking to play on occasion.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:22 AM

Warlock79 is a Private
Welcome back. I am also just getting back into it after a 2.5 years hiatus. Started around 2009/2010.

Original Member Operational Scenarios (Connecticut)

Events Run:

Op. Falling Star I & II
Op Grab and Go
Op. Hammer Down I & II
Op Occupy Wolcott
World at War III-VII
OP. Nuclear Proliferation

Op Square Dance ( Charity Event)
Op Cold Front
OpS Shoot-out ( CQB event)
Last Action Hero ( CQB Event)
D&D Hartford Shoot-out ( CQB Event)
Old 02-19-2016, 10:57 AM

Warfox is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Warfox
Welcome back GergLeft!
www.wardenairsoft.com
Old 02-19-2016, 01:24 PM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
Welcome back. There are no more calling issues anymore since most airsoft field got great cellphone reception

Otherwise, I will be honest, I don't think there is anything left from the 06-07 era. The brands, the community, the fields, the stores are got changed one way or another so no need to say, you now need to re-learn everything again....for the better or worse

So once again, welcome back in the AO.

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft
Old 02-19-2016, 01:51 PM

Octane is a Private
Welcome back . we (CST) are located in nw Ohio 1 hour south of Toledo . Also KOw (knights of war) are also located in northern Ohio.Hey now blade we were just kids a few from 06-07 like d.s. and myself came back and still remember the glory of hidden valley under your command. I would definitely agree with a learning experience all over again,yet just as fun a second time around . Nevertheless welcome back and hope to see you on the field

Last edited by Octane; 02-19-2016 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:13 PM

2tall is a Private
Welcome back Greg! Oh the homecoming days..lots of no hit calling went on there.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:18 PM

charlieRobinson is a Private
I too played at homecoming park like 2 times. Sportsmanship was so poor I never went back. lol toledo airsoft struggles to keep honor and integrity alive, i reckon
Old 02-21-2016, 01:28 PM

2tall is a Private
There are still a whole lot of us around the Toledo area that play just not every weekend at Homecoming like on the past. NWOA fell apart so things got quiet, but there are still players around. For me I bought a house moved 30 minutes away so Homecoming has not been in my radar. I have been back twice but it was not the same as when I played there weekly. Hit calling became such an issue I gave up trying. I guess there as still some play going on there on occasion but I have not been there in about 2 years.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:15 PM

GergLeft is a Private
Thanks all!

Like its been said a couple times...lots of new stuff nowadays with some things surviving from the past. Sounds like, as with most things, the bad things have been scrubbed away while only those who truly enjoy the sport have persisted so here's to hoping to be on the field in the near future.

I'm probably a month out from being able to play. I'm adding onto a house and I am a leader for 2 Scout groups (that'd be cub scouts and girl scouts - not recon/scouting) so my days are pretty packed lately.

I also need to do some work on my guns. I have a WELL L96 that has seen better days (no cheek rest, no bipod, barrel wiggles and poor man chrono'd around 350 FPS I was using .25s because that's all I have beside .12s and it hit the 385 mark, so adjusting for the heavier BB (before anyone accuses me of otherwise NO I do not chrono for reals w/ .25s just what I had sitting at the house last night when I wanted to see where the rifle was sitting and what I need to do). Going to take it apart and inspect the parts to see what I need to replace, but I think I'm going to have to do a full upgrade/replacement of parts at this point.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: