Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 06-29-2015, 08:06 AM

Yelir is a Private
Cool Excellence Enters

Howdy everybody. My real name is Riley, callsign Yelir (Riley backwards, imagine that!) even though my callsign sucks (new one hopefully soon) I am a decent airsofting player.

First, a little background on how I got into the airsoft sport.

Wayyyy back in my kiddie days, me and my brother got one of those cheap ****'s springer M4 and pistol combo. We loved it. First day we got it we were already out playing and making the neighbors mad. Time rolled on, and the M4 broke, so we got our first real AEG, an HK licensed MP5, which never worked out of the box. So, then, that Christmas, we asked for halfway decent AEGs. I got a Cybergun (really a CYMA) AK tactical thingie. Still have it, but the selector switch doesn't select anymore. I played with that with a few friends on a farm for three or so years, then I fell out of the sport. Now, about 4 years later, here I am. I got back into the sport over the winter and joined the ranks of the Knights of War airsoft team. They helped me get back into the sport and now I use an Echo 1 Genesis M4 as my main gun (even though it is $130 it kicks ***!). I am still learning new tactics since I haven't been to any real organized events until now. I am loving the sport!

Thanks for the warm welcomes to come!
Old 07-01-2015, 02:46 AM

Fat Tony is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Fat Tony
Always good to see a fellow Sanduskian on here. Welcome aboard!
Old 07-01-2015, 09:06 AM

Yelir is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Always good to see a fellow Sanduskian on here. Welcome aboard!
Thank you! Not too many of us Sanduskians exist lol, airsoft is pretty dead here for what I can tell. Or, I'm just missing a lot lol
Old 07-01-2015, 04:25 PM

Hoss is a Private
Welcome, I am just glad to see new people on the forums haha.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:54 PM

Yelir is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
Welcome, I am just glad to see new people on the forums haha.
I noticed it has been pretty quiet lol, hopefully that changes.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:07 AM

Hoss is a Private
Heh, me and you both.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:36 AM

2tall is a Private
That makes 3 of us!
Old 07-03-2015, 12:22 PM

Yelir is a Private
We need more Sanduskians... There aren't any places around here to play, are there? I know there is RBA to the West and a few fields in the Cleveland area I'm fairly sure, but is there anything closer to Sandusky?
Old 07-18-2015, 06:31 PM

Kishi is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelir View Post
We need more Sanduskians... There aren't any places around here to play, are there? I know there is RBA to the West and a few fields in the Cleveland area I'm fairly sure, but is there anything closer to Sandusky?
None that I really know of. Maybe some paintball fields at best.
Most good fields are in southern Ohio.

Ever since they closed BattleFront in Hubbard, northern Ohio has kinda been hurting for a really good field. Least that's what I've seen up to this point.
"This is my gun. There are many like it, but this one is mine. ...My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit..."
Old 07-24-2015, 10:51 AM

Fat Tony is a Private
Quote:
River Bottom and CIA are the closest fields I know of. We used to have a small field off Galloway Rd. where we hosted open plays, but it was sold and developed a few years back.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:13 AM

Yelir is a Private
Quote:
River Bottom and CIA are the closest fields I know of. We used to have a small field off Galloway Rd. where we hosted open plays, but it was sold and developed a few years back.
I constantly find myself seeing PERFECT locations along the side of the road and think to myself, "MAN, that would be a perfect place to play..." I know somewhere around here, while I can't remember where, there are a bunch of abandoned greenhouses right next to each other, and there are a TON of them. Clear out some of the vegetation, and it would be a very interesting CQB environment. My dream, however, is to play at an abandoned factory, school, or just general abandoned location. Something about them just feels so cool to play in.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:11 PM

Kishi is a Private
That would indeed be the incredibly ideal place for some cool events.
I believe there was an OP Sabretooth years ago that was at an abandoned or soon-to-be destroyed school. I wasn't there but Ronin and Recon Team Anaconda went.
Can't remember why I missed it, may have been when I started flaking out of RTA.
"This is my gun. There are many like it, but this one is mine. ...My rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit..."
Old 08-24-2015, 08:51 PM

2tall is a Private
Quote:
I had my eye on a 120,000 square foot building for an indoor CQB location but no capital or backing to get it done. I would have put in a store front and a tech or two in place but like I said no capital of backing and the building now has been sold. :-(
Old 08-24-2015, 09:44 PM

Fat Tony is a Private
Quote:
I know somewhere around here, while I can't remember where, there are a bunch of abandoned greenhouses right next to each other, and there are a TON of them. Clear out some of the vegetation, and it would be a very interesting CQB environment.
6@61 by Angry Bull. Maybe 15 years ago but it's in such a poor condition now there's no way it'd be safe to play there. Weeds to the roof and broken glass everywhere. It's also privately owned and the guy isn't a fan of trespassers.

I always thought the old American Crayon factory they're in the process of demolishing would be an awesome place to play.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:34 AM

Origin Saint is a Private
Just chiming in on the places I wished we could play but never can/will. I would LOVE to be able to clean up, and play in the old Peter's Cartridge Factory near the Little Miami in Southern Ohio, that would be the bomb. Assuming it were ever in safe-ish condition and whatnot (which won't happen). Just a dream of mine every time I pass that thing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: