Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 02-09-2015, 10:36 PM
The Blacksmith

Yawger20 is a Private
Not alot of power. Not to get up and down the hills around here. Remember most fields will only allow vehicles that could pass as their real life counterparts.... within reason of course

-----------------------
Last Name: Yawger
Call Sign: Frostbite
Old 02-09-2015, 11:51 PM

epicfacethe3rd is a Private
no, no, no, I meat something else.
the explanation was that it was more efficient and cheaper than BD and you could just put a bigger motor in.
power is not a problem.

"if it doesn't work, kick it. hard."
Callsign: "Zero"
Old 02-10-2015, 01:08 AM
Interprets things far too literally....

ReverseFlank is a Private
"just put a bigger motor in it" I am getting the feeling you are in over your head.
But why do we bother doing anything that's pointless. What would Leonardo Da Vinci have done if a management consultant forced him to run a P&L on the Mona Lisa? He'd stab the son of a ***** in the eye with a charcoal pencil. Then he'd go invent the helicopter.

[Texx] 11:14 pm: giving Loki Neg Rep is like pissing on a forest fire...sure its fun and toasty but come on
Old 02-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Airsoft Prophet

RotaryProphet is a Private
Zero-turn mower drivetrains are hydrostatic -- Basically hydraulic pumps and motors. There is a maximum power input you can give these things. I briefly glanced over them while making plans for my own 8x8, which would have (and will, if I win the lottery or marry a billionaire) been driven by 8 hydraulic wheel motors fed by a pair of pumps attached to a standard gas motor.

My goals were a tad different, though -- I was shooting for a vehicle which could go anywhere, and get up to a target speed of 55mph. The design would have been principally a tube frame chassis, and being able to drop a tank body on top for airsoft was a secondary concern.

I started to feel in over my head, and I used to run a shop building racing engines, so it's been said that I know a thing or two.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:24 AM

epicfacethe3rd is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryProphet View Post
Zero-turn mower drivetrains are hydrostatic -- Basically hydraulic pumps and motors. There is a maximum power input you can give these things. I briefly glanced over them while making plans for my own 8x8, which would have (and will, if I win the lottery or marry a billionaire) been driven by 8 hydraulic wheel motors fed by a pair of pumps attached to a standard gas motor.

My goals were a tad different, though -- I was shooting for a vehicle which could go anywhere, and get up to a target speed of 55mph. The design would have been principally a tube frame chassis, and being able to drop a tank body on top for airsoft was a secondary concern.

I started to feel in over my head, and I used to run a shop building racing engines, so it's been said that I know a thing or two.
similar to my idea, but only two hydraulic motors are used and the gaps are filled with roller chain.

"if it doesn't work, kick it. hard."
Callsign: "Zero"
Old 02-12-2015, 10:38 PM
The Blacksmith

Yawger20 is a Private
Gonna go way over your $1500 budget.

-----------------------
Last Name: Yawger
Call Sign: Frostbite

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: