Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 10-28-2007, 12:08 PM

Oscar is a Private First Class
Oscar

Profile updated on 05-15-14

Real name

Steve

Forum Handle

Oscar (formerly Freth, an old gaming handle)

Callsign

Oscar (formerly Luscious of A.R.E.S)

Team

Task Force Black Eagle

Team Philosophy

Task Force Black Eagle is a highly-trained airsoft team based in central Ohio. Our team trains every weekend to maximize our potential and stay sharp. Our quest is a true milsim experience.

Task Force Black Eagle has its own 'basic' training program, much like the military. Our training has its base in Army fundamentals, but we also use various other sources. The idea is to take what works and apply it to our team, to make us a better cohesive unit and to achieve goals on the battlefield.

Our team leader, X-Ray, is an Army veteran. He applies his training and knowledge to the team SOP (standing operating procedure). Our regimen is constantly changing to be more efficient and useful. Hand signals, working in teams, movement, weapons familiarity and use, decision-making, varied terrain and locales, offensive and defensive tactics. These are just a few of the things we focus on. What to do in any given situation and how to act fast and decisively. Most importantly, keeping the team together and on the same page. A team that works together stays alive.

We also believe in a command structure, which is why we use Army rank. Some people may be put off by this, but one must understand the reasoning behind it. It has nothing to do with authority or ego, but team togetherness and decision-making when it counts. Without a command structure your team falls apart when the leader dies. Task Force Black Eagle trains each person to lead as they acquire higher rank. A man that can make decisions in the heat of battle keeps the rest of the team together and makes things happen. So you see how rank is vital to a team's function.

Discipline and readiness is what it's all about. By the time we attend an op there's no question what has to be done and how to do it. Our training prepares us for most any situation. We may well be the most trained airsoft team in Ohio, possibly even the midwest/northeast region of the U.S.

Task Force Black Eagle is not for everyone. It takes dedication, an open mind and a willingness to learn. If you're a milsim enthusiast and want more out of your airsoft experience, then you may be a candidate for Task Force Black Eagle.

Weapons
  • TM G3 SG1 - Stock removed and end capped, full Systema innards and tight bore barrel, approx. 400fps@20.
  • TM G3 SAS - Stock.
  • KWA KMP9 - Stock (won at OP: Lightning Strike V).
  • (Sold/Retired) CA M15A4 SPR - Spring upgraded, approx. 375fps@20.
  • (Sold/Retired) TM M733 - CA metal body, full Systema innards and tight-bore barrel, approx. 400fps.
  • (Sold/Retired) CA SAR OFFIZIER M41 - Stock.
  • (Sold/Retired) KJ Beretta 92F GBB - Stock.
  • (Sold/Retired) KSC Glock 18C GBB - Metal Slide, metal outer barrel, metal spring guide rod, stronger hammer spring, hi-flow valve.

Airsoft History

I joined Task Force Black Eagle in early 2004 when things were just getting started. I took on the callsign Oscar. In mid-to-late 2005 I became second in command of Task Force Black Eagle. I left Task Force Black Eagle in June 2006 and took a break from airsoft. Two months later I joined a newly formed team named A.R.E.S and was voted in as captain. In June 2007 A.R.E.S attended their last event--OP: Safari Strike 3. I disbanded A.R.E.S in October 2007. I rejoined Task Force Black Eagle on 11/12/07. Tried to retire, but I keep getting called back into it. I remain with Task Force Black Eagle.

Moments of Distinction

It should be noted that I wouldn't be playing airsoft right now if it hadn't been for X-ray of Task Force Black Eagle. I was as green as they come when I was recruited back in 2004. X-ray made me the player I am today through training and guidance. Branching off and captaining another team was the best learning experience I could've asked for. If I hadn't had the foundation to build upon I would've been lost. I continue to grow as a player.

Task Force Black Eagle
  • (2004-2006) Rose in rank from Private to 1st Sergeant (second in command) in a little over a year through hard work and dedication.
  • (2005-2006) Designed the team website, logo and graphics (now defunct).
  • (2006) Worked on many aspects of Black Aurora from concept to graphics to registration and website.
  • (2006) Shortly before Black Aurora, left Task Force Black Eagle.
  • (2007-2008) Rejoined Task Force Black Eagle. Stayed with the team for a year. After my father passed away in March 2008 and some hard thinking, I decided to retire from the team.
  • (2008-2014) No activity/"retired".
  • (2014) In April 2014 I was called back to Task Force Black Eagle for Lightning Strike V. Never say you'll never come back to airsoft, because you'll be proven wrong.

A.R.E.S
  • (2006) Voted in as team captain.
  • (2006-2007) Designed the team website, logo and graphics.
  • (2006-2007) Captaining a team brought all of my training full circle. Being able to see it from a leader's perspective, the things I didn't quite grasp before became obvious.

Fondest Memories
  • Urgent Cause (2004; TAC) - Pushing back the U.S., taking the hospital and exacting the final blow--our team took the U.S. flag. This is an especially fond memory because Urgent Cause was our first milsim op experience.
  • Northern Wind (2004; oplionclaws.com) - Running recon for MSGT Mullen and our team being commended at mission debriefing for providing key intel. Patrolling with MSGT Mullen in the PM mission and storming the ridge.
  • Safari Strike (2004; TAC) - Heavy firefights all day. Losing our HQ and taking it right back after a run to respawn. Witnessing X-ray's leadership skills.
  • Northern Wind 2 (2005; oplionclaws.com) - The huge ridge battle that will go down in infamy. Winning the event for MSGT Mullen after the previous year's loss.
  • Release of THX's Irene 3 videos, which got a huge international response. Our website bandwidth allowance was used up in 6 days, forcing us to use free video websites.
  • Getting together with Taskforce 216 for skirmishes.
  • Visiting TAC and taking the role of OpFor in preparation for Irene 3.
  • Safari Strike 3 (2007; TAC) - Holding off waves of U.S. in the PM mission with only a handful of players. Working with Task Force Black Eagle again.
  • Outbreak (2007; Ronin) - The run to extraction in complete darkness. Zombies everywhere. It's the closest you'll probably get to feeling like you're in a zombie movie.

Events Attended

Task Force Black Eagle
  • July 24, 2004 - Key to the City (Wallace/Onsite) - Attended.
  • August 15, 2004 - Urgent Cause (TAC) - Attended.
  • September 3-5, 2004 - Northern Wind (oplionclaws.com) - Attended.
  • June 4, 2005 - Safari Strike (TAC) - Attended.
  • August 5-7, 2005 - Northern Wind 2 (oplionclaws.com) - Attended.
  • November 19, 2005 - Distant Horizon (08th Expeditionary Unit) - Attended.
  • April 29, 2006 - Black Aurora (Task Force Black Eagle) - Worked on concept, maps, planning, website, registration, correspondence and graphics for the event but did not attend.
  • June 3, 2006 - Safari Strike 2 (TAC) - Was set to attend but had to cancel.
  • November 3, 2007 - Outbreak (Ronin) - Attended.
  • May 16-18, 2014 - Lightning Strike V (oplionclaws.com) - Attended.

A.R.E.S
  • August 12, 2006 - Crimson Dawn (91st Wildcards)
  • August 26, 2006 - Fortune Cookie (6mm)
  • April 14, 2007 - Black Aurora 2 (Task Force Black Eagle)
  • June 2, 2007 - Safari Strike 3 (TAC) - Worked on maps and planning for Antoga (per X-ray)

Contributions

All technical aspects pertaining to the computer including website creation/maintenance/hosting, forum, event registration/monies, video posting, correspondence with other players and teams. The current team logo and patches. Came up with the concept for Black Aurora, which the rest of the team fleshed out. In my four years with the team I attended practice religiously (usually every weekend) and eventually earned the top rank as second in command. I became passionate about milsim and posted new ideas and debated milsim on forums like Airsoft Ohio.

Milsim Philosophy
(My personal opinion)

Let's break the two words down into their components.

Milsim - Is an abbreviation for military simulation. The general definition, as it applies to airsoft, is simulating the real military as close as possible. What is the goal of military simulation airsoft?

Philosophy - The word "philosophy" comes from the Greek word philosophia, which literally means "love of wisdom".

Taken together, the phrase "milsim philosophy" could be interpreted to mean, "The love of the wisdom (knowledge) of military simulation." This sentence accurately describes the way I feel about milsim.

Milsim philosophy isn't just dressing in BDU's and running around shooting at each other.

I take a more personal approach. Milsim philosophy for me encompasses the following:

Training in Knowledge leads to Learning, Growth, Achievement, Awareness and ultimately Mindset. Mindset leads to Honor and Discipline. Discipline leads to Cohesion, Structure and Success. Honor leads to Respect.

Knowing these things, what are you missing from your milsim philosophy?

Hobbies/Interests

Photography, hiking/self-reliance/survival/hammock camping, PC gaming, programming, art, webhosting/webmastering, movies, music, trail riding w/quad, boating/kayaking, geocaching, metal detecting and more.

Last edited by Oscar; 05-21-2014 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Out of retirement. Profile update 05/15/14.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:35 PM

Today I'm officially announcing my retirement from airsoft.

In my four years with BlackEagle (and A.R.E.S) I've met some great people along the way. I've accomplished a lot both personally and for my team. I'm proud of how far I (and we) have come.

My father's recent passing made me rethink what's important in my life. I've rearranged my priorities and airsoft has been shuffled to the bottom of the pile. I may attend an event here and there in the future, but I have no plans to continue playing airsoft.

I wish you all the best.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:19 PM

Torque is a Private
Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my mother this year, so I know a little how you must feel. When you lose a parent, it makes you start to re-evaluate everything in life, all your priorities, family time, etc.

Good luck and keep on truckin'.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 AM

1 year and 3 months have passed since I quit airsoft. Last weekend was the first time I got my gear back out and got on a field. I had a good time and it felt good. I doubt I'll be getting back into airsoft full time, but I may continue to play now and then to feed the crave. I guess my status has been updated to semi-retired/part-time. My interest is still milsim.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:18 PM

Update - 05/15/14

It would appear that I may never officially retire from airsoft. lol I've tried a few times, but I keep getting pulled back into it. My affiliation with Blackeagle remains.

Look for me at ops in the near future.

Last edited by Oscar; 05-15-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:20 PM

Retirement again. I have officially retired from airsoft and Blackeagle.

After 2014, I remained a part of the team up until today 09/04/17. I leave on good standing and with good conscience. I am done with the sport of airsoft and moving on to greener pastures. This was a personal life choice as my interest has waned over the years, to the point of not being interested in it anymore.

I would like to thank X-ray and all of my teammates for some awesome memories.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:30 AM
Baron VonYolo

Blade is a CorporalBlade is a CorporalBlade is a Corporal
Send a message via AIM to Blade Send a message via Skype™ to Blade
nice necropost Oscar
Sucks to see you go but then again, we haven't seen you for almost a decade lol.
Who else is part of blackeagle anyway?

Awesome videos;
http://www.youtube.com/teamstrikersairsoft

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: