Airsoft Ohio Forums  
Old 11-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
What would you like to see from Out of the Box in 2015?

Hey guys, as the airsoft season wears down I would like to thank all of you who participated in Out of the Box Industries events this season, you guys made it a great one for all of us and we hope you enjoyed playing the games as much as we enjoyed running them. With 2015 a few months away we have three events already set for the season but wanted to know what you guys would be interested in playing? Feedback is what helps keep us fresh and keeps us putting on games that you guys enjoy. Fire away guys!
Old 11-13-2014, 09:48 AM

Naga is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Naga
1. Events with a 600 FPS limit.
2. More full contact events.
3. Unbroken links in your signature.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:13 AM

Yost93 is a Private
One OutoftheBox Industries game I really enjoyed was Crucible 3. I know it was a difficult 48 hrs on that mountain but at the same time I really liked having an uninterrupted giant game of airsoft. So maybe more multi-day continuous ops throughout the season, perhaps some smaller shorter ones to help players acclimate themselves to Crucible in May.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:51 AM

RNA is a Recruit Private
Send a message via AIM to RNA Send a message via Yahoo to RNA
I agree, over night games are becoming more and more famous. I'd love to see one more nightfall game in a 24/48 hour time frame. But honestly any game I've thought "hey that would be cool" you've done already. And exceeded any expectations I thought of. But if its possible I know I speak for a few people when I say I'd love play are Roseville prison again.

19:55:46) Agent_Spencer: It's like aids and win mixed together.
(19:56:11) Agent_Spencer: It's awesome, feels great, and there's no known cure and people thought only duo on duo sex could cause it.

(23:21:15) Naga: Well, I have to get up at 7 and take my mom for a ride...
Old 11-13-2014, 12:02 PM

DaraAmnesia is a Private
One word.

Gottendamarung

(Probably spelled wrong because I'm uncultured ****)
Old 11-13-2014, 01:19 PM

203 is a Recruit Private
We should play "infected" everyone starts out alone, collects resources, can shoot people but only capture people with the same card number. This way you are eligible to team up, but it eliminates the confusion of constantly switching teams/ one massive team. So in the end it'll be a multi-team game. Little twists top the game like that makes things interesting.. hoping everyone abides by the rules and isn't cheating.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:42 PM

hellscrusader is a Private
i would like to see more events working toward nw ohio and from toledo its a long haul to PA for the crucible.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:08 PM

aluckyshot is a Private
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscrusader View Post
i would like to see more events working toward nw ohio and from toledo its a long haul to PA for the crucible.
I agree, I live in the Toledo area and would love to see some events in that area.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:37 PM

Steppes is a Private
I'd like to see more immersive milsim events. And I'm not talking about things like praxis, I mean MILSIM. Stuff like wounded guys with blood squibs who need to be evacuated carefully (I can Provide a squib and be the roleplayer) Stuff like that made the AMS DAM at faded Giant 3.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:47 PM

Glitch is a Private First Class
steppes I agree with you for sure, but part of immersive can mean less action, more patrols and negotiations. Now I would LOVE to do this, but it's something that would have to be introduced to players who are used to the run and gun, shoot em up play. If we could find a way to integrate or get them interested in it, it could be very big.

It's like I have money one day, and the next day it's hey look at this new airsoft thingy take my money.

Be the change you want to see in this community.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:00 PM

marine10108 is a Private
Waiting on crucible 4, anytime you can release info (soon) would be great
Old 11-13-2014, 05:12 PM
Space Wizard

jonahm740 is a Private First Class
Just waiting on confirmation of drill schedule and one or two little things. Should have info up in the next week.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:35 PM

Steppes is a Private
heck, as much as anything else, I want to play with my blood squib and be carried around on a stretcher.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:57 PM

Ozone T20 is a Private
Direct Action missions like steppes said about AMS. More props, pyrotechnics, cannons, vehicles that stuff.
https://www.facebook.com/Ohiomilsimg...f=ts&ref=br_tf
Old 11-13-2014, 07:06 PM

ld513 is a Private
This is all from the perspective of a Ranger at Sidewinder and Diamondback.

Better CoC. It seemed to go to hell for the rangers despite extreme efforts from what I saw on squad level.

Explicit RoE to prevent things like the unnecessary slaughter of role players on sight.

Same basic things others ask for: overnight games, cool locations, fun storylines, multi-team events (4-6), cool props (staff with rifles firing blanks etc)...
Old 11-14-2014, 12:02 AM

Regan is a Private
Sadly I haven't been able to make it to many OOTBI games this year due to my schedule with school and drill. However here is what I would like to see from all the games I have been to this year.

It'd be cool to see;

-More props (Fire cracker's put into Springfield's mailbox on the airfield was still by far my favorite moment in a game!)

-Less vehicles. Overall vehicles bring up more problems than they are worth unless you have a field that is as large as the Detroit Mills where Lightning Strike 4 was. Unless you have a tank, like no sh** tank, it's not a tank or helicopter... Plus bullets can take down cars and trucks. 9/10 there's not enough anti vehicles weapons around anyways, leads to one team stomping the other team. If anything they should be staff driven cars/ trucks taking pj's to remote locations without pj's shooting out, simply just a ride.

-Cool new locations! Maybe Hell's basin, Calamittyville, or Red Dragon? Not necessarily a revival just a fun revisit!

-Strict consequences for violating ROE.

-Direct action missions that have effects on the game. (Ie: Team A and Team B are stuck at 50 yard line and no progress is being made. Small squads from both teams are taken into a village/ bigger building and are told to fight to the last man, diffuse/set the bomb, or capture the most flags in the village/building. Whichever team "wins" causes their team to gain ground, thus changing up the field of play and killing stalemates.

That's all I gotta say about that... Guess I'll go home now.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:17 AM

Bain is a Private
I would like to see more Multi Day Games like Crucible. Stricter ROE enforced, and Chain of Command. I want more in depth Milsim.. I would pay more for a Milsim with Rules, game play enforced. Make Radios mandatory; Have current & former Military Run the COC.

On a side note, I would love to see a team based Tournament (2man to 5man teams) on CQB & Field based locations. Every pays in and plays a bracket style tournament. Top place wins % of the pot, and 2nd and 3rd place get either a prize or like a fee entry into another Event
Old 11-14-2014, 01:04 PM

Panda is a Private
I have complete confidence in OOBI's abiity to put out a good game every time. That being said, here are some of my observations that I think would improve gameplay:

1. MILSIM. I'm not just gonna say blanket MilSim everything though because it's unreasonable and to be honest really f**king boring sometimes to have to set up a Patrol Base and then hold position while you wait for an objective. Between maintaining CoC, ensuring everyone has comms, proper tactics are used, and limiting the gear allowed to be used to fit certain groups, I just don't think there's enough people willing to do that. It's one thing to say you have to wear Multicam and it's another thing to go "Alright, you are squad 1, 2, and 3" and maintain communication and establishing a rank structure so as to make sure everyone is organized how they should be. I think to start building a community interested in MILSIM you will need to first simulate the basis of the military, which is organized squads who are headed by people who know what they are doing. As someone mentioned, this would likely be current/former military being squad leaders, with the CO being in control of the whole shebang. Proper radio communication would also be necessary to having a good event, so a radio comms primer would be necessary (there is one on this forum). Tactics are not just your basic leapfrog movement through the woods: you will need to ensure everyone knows the basics of a firefight, such as the difference between cover and concealment, fire and maneuver, how to effectively flank, all while maintaining rank structure and comms..... and Multicam.

How many people can write an OPORD properly? How many people know how to read an OPORD properly to get the information they need from it? How many people can properly respond to a FRAGO? How many know the proper organization of a squad, platoon, or company? How many could lead a squad, platoon, or company effectively? This all comes before "His gear isn't good."

Jesus, just go to Basic. Then we can MilSim.

2. New events. OOBI is the leader of innovation in Ohio airsoft events so this is hardly a concern, merely a maintain. I would love to see a good police vs. gang event, and I'm excited to participate in the next event of the Nightfall series and Crucible series. Keep the creativity flowing and I'll keep going into work so I can afford your events!!

3. Player participation in the event and its storyline. This is not an OOBI problem, but it is a problem that has arisen amongst players in OOBI events. I get that you're essentially a boot that goes and shoots things when your told, but have some understanding of the mission, at least 2 levels up. Each player should know the squad and platoon goals at least. Play your role, do your role.
(21:42:57) Agent_Spencer: I mean i didn't need a pony made of diamonds, but I have a yolo card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Have you ever noticed in commercials how there's like a white guy and his Asian friend and the black guy so it's not racist? That's pandas job
Old 11-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Stephen Hawking

Swimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant MajorSwimmer is a Command Sergeant Major
Everyone is hyping DAM missions, when all of those elements could be incorporated into the event as a whole. However, certain "missions" could be given such as they are at LC games when a platoon is sent off to a certain area of the field that is exclusive to that mission with a certain OPFOR. I think this would total out for a cool event, without just having special missions being offered.

While I highly advise creativity, simplicity leads to the least amount of problems and loopholes. The key elements should always be: strict COC, semi-auto only (except support gunners), squad limitations (one medic, one support, etc.), and the good ol' roleplayers. Once a foundation with this is built, creativity and even more new elements can be added. You are experienced, so you know what do.

On the topic of roleplayers, I think we would all benefit from seeing some quality roleplayers. I am not saying we need highly skilled people who can speak "Durka Durka" language, but such people could act as that instead of wearing glitter and acting as transvestites. I find this disheartening when I go to a MILSIM and the actors are doing stuff such as this. In a real wartime setting, civilians will likely either join the militia, rebel against the forces, or be scared and unwilling to cooperate with the military forces.

Another problem I see is vehicles. There is no greater pain than hiking 2.5 miles to get to your objective, and some dude on a quad comes and slays your squad, only to drive off without a task and add a tally mark to his arm. If that is what gets him off, good for him, however, this is degrading. Many will say, "That is realistic man, there are vehicles in real wars!". Yes there are, but there are also JTACs with access to A-10 sweeps and even greater support. If we were to take it back a notch and go back to the glorious good ol' days without vehicles, I am sure everyone would see how simplistic it was. (If you think this was too long, read back to Regan's post, he said it perfectly).

Keep MILSIM as military simulation. Sure "Cops + Robbers" may be fun, but then incorporate an urban police force into the overall MILSIM.

I remember the good ol' days when everyone was friendly and honorable. If that could magically be brought back into the players heads in anyway, that would be the greatest thing Airsoft in Ohio could ever receive. Nowadays, it is a giant ego show.

Jonah and OOBI, thank you to all of you for hosting such events and carrying on this fake war we all enjoy. Keep on keeping on.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:24 PM

Naga is a Private
Send a message via AIM to Naga
deleted...

Last edited by Naga; 12-22-2014 at 02:56 AM. Reason: deleted....
Old 11-15-2014, 07:41 AM

Bain is a Private
Would also like to see events held at old other locations besides just wooded areas. Old schools, malls, Prisons or something like that.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:22 AM

Rellim is a Recruit Private
I must say, some of the best times I've had in the sport have been at an OOBI event. Here's my humble opinion. While I do enjoy overnight, 24 hr, and 48 hr events, I don't think you should do away with the single day Saturday games completely. One of my favorite OOBI events was OP Dark Horizon. It was a simple force on force game with various objectives mixed in. I remember doing drug drops throughout the day on top of completing the other "larger" objectives as well. It was a great mix of force on force play and objectives. So mixing in a few events of that nature would be great. Just a thought.
All in all you all put on great events and people drive from all over to come. I don't see myself stopping any time soon!
Old 11-17-2014, 12:14 AM

Cyber is a Private
This is a bit selfish, but I would like to see a second Crucible style event that takes place a little later in the year in addition to the original. Because the event occurs relatively early in the year, it feels the same as if the Super Bowl occurred at the beginning of the football season. Due to the scale of that event the rest of the airsoft year can feel a bit empty. I assume that planning that scale of event must be a nightmare, but I just can't get enough of it.

Some vehicles at Crucible would be nice, even if they are only for transportation on and off the field.

I really love the semi auto only rule, I've felt that it has really helped keep over aggressive players in check. Speaking of over aggressive players, the only real problems I've ever had at OOTB events were due to players bending the rules, finding loopholes, or playing to win rather to have fun. Airsofters are humans so it will never go away, but anything that can be done to mitigate this kind of behavior is definitely a plus. I feel that the semi only rule really helped in this regard.

I've never left an Out of the Box event unsatisfied, so I'm confident that whatever changes are made will make for an exciting year of airsoft.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:42 AM

DrenneR is a Private
more events

DRENNER
OMG05
Ohio Milsim Group
https://www.facebook.com/Ohiomilsimgroup
Old 11-17-2014, 07:49 PM

migfin is a Private
I dont know if someone has already posted it or not, but I would like to see more stuff like forcefully detaining and capturing enemy players (with their consent of course), manualy searching captured an dead players for intelligence that can be used to gain key recourses or a tactical advantage and more secondary objectives aside from the main goal. Like sending a fire team to building or position that is away from the primary fighting, and if they can secure it, than they can cut off one of the enimies respond points or eliminate their vehical use for part of the operation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: